Barbarossa: Hitler Campaign in Russia 1941-45

• http://advancedaxisandallies.com/page31.html

Here are some pics of my new game.

Imp, as with most of your games, all I can say is baaaaad! Keep it up!

GG

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Me likey.  I wish Axis and Allies was on a hex grid.  But it isnt. :(

(probably why I think Rise and Decline of the Third Reich is a much better game.)

• 2007 AAR League

Nice stuff Imp

Wish I could play some of those games.

• I made it thinking:  SPI’s  “war in europe”… what if i made axis and allies on a huge scale. So it was born.

• I’m bringing this sucka to Gen Con LA as well as all 3 strategicons. I will play on the friday eve.

If anybody is coming drop me a line.

• 2007 AAR League

do you sell these games you make as well.

• Of course!  otherwise id be wasting my time. Sometimes i do it for free and i have some games offered as such.

• 2007 AAR League

Do you own your own buisness?

selling primary board games or something?

or is more of a hobby stop store? selling collectibles, models etc…

or is this something you do on your own spare time

• Spare time. Yes i own my own business and i it allows alot of down time. It sort of takes care of itself unless i have a vacancy… but i dont believe in them as i fill them immediatly.

• Nice Stuff Imperious.  I was really impressed by the width and depth of the map including your idea for weather as well.  That is pretty cool.

I was thinking of making an Operation Barbarossa game, but now that I have seen yours, I don’t think I’m going to.

RB

PS: how much to buy?

• No please make one Rune. While i was trying to get us to work on a joint idea. Then I came up with this concept.

Please i really beg you… please make a Kursk game!

I promise to make a map for it just like it in this style.

You make the rules and cards and ill make the map. I like your market garden game.

If you really dont want to do this then please consider a Bulge game. AS you know larry’s vision is quite different on this. People will welcome your approach, because to rest on the soul of what worked in the past and just build from that. Thats what makes your games playable. Its like a warm blanket of comfort to play your games.

• I appreciate your comments on my games.  Have you gotten a chance to try out Sealion?  You have to be a really good player to win as Germany on Sealion and the Allies in Market Garden.  Hope you liked the 4 Lift cards at the beginning that are played on specific turns to give you more paratroopers.

As far as Barbarossa goes, I’m not sure how to approach that game.  As you know I’m currently making Invasion: Amerika and am almost done witht he map.  Will be posted shortly.

I think I might take on Operation: Downfall - The invasion of Japan.  I have obtained a wealth of knowledge via the internet and would like to try to make a workable version of part 2 of Downfall - Operation: Coronet - the invasion of Tokyo Bay, provided Operation: Olympic - the Invasion of Kyushu was successful.

I am willing to discuss a Barbarossa game, Imperious,  just hit me up on my email.

RB

• Or how bout downfall part 3: the end of the Third Reich

goal is to kill Hitler and take Berlin. Hitler has to find a way to survive by prolonging the war till the super weapons are created or inflict a defeat on the allies in a Bulge offensive.

That game i will work on any day. German super weapons VS. the Soviet Hordes and the dubious capitalist Allies… sounds like a great Wagnerian spectacle.

• THAT shouds interesting…By the way, have you seen the show “Secret German Aircraft of World War II” on the History Channel?  They were experimenting with new jet aircraft and one of them was a STEALTH BOMBER that looked exactlly like the B-2 Spirits we have today.  Hitler however, favored battleships and the design never got off the ground because the money was diverted elsewhere.

The Germans were the first ones to really develop stealth technology and it was by accident no less.  But since avoiding radar was not a main problem for naval and ground units, Hitler never had the design put into production.  Would have probably been a different story in the world if he had actually gotten behind the design.  Especially to hit Britain with.

RB

• 2007 AAR League

to bad you guys arn’t around here.

I would of liked to play those games with you guys once in a while.

• If you goto Luft46 you can see all sorts of crazy planes… they even have some bomber that carries about 8 fighters under its wings and launches them out like an aircraft carrier. The Horton wing was in the early stages of development. Even a sub orbital bomber that would drop its payload into the Americas.

the game could feature optional rules for :

maus superheavy tanks

chemical weapons

atomic bomb

V-3 super missile

underground factories

jet interceptors ( he-162 salimanders)

and much more… an army of gadjets fighting against massive hordes of the enemy. Quality vs quantity

• to bad you guys arn’t around here.

I would of liked to play those games with you guys once in a while.

Here’s the maps of the games we’re talking about NoMercy.

Operation: Sealion - 1940
    http://axisandallies.metalsaber.com/Sealionmap.jpg

Operation: Market Garden - 1944
    http://axisandallies.metalsaber.com/MarketGardenmap.jpg

Imperious,

They even  had an early stage plane/helicopter also!  This is also starting to sound a lot like Fortress America!  Except it would be something like “The Iron Wall” or “Defending the Reich”.

RB

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m