Number of German OOB and HBG tanks?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

How many German OOB and HBG tanks do we have in total?

Also do we have any repeats?

Thanks for any response! :-)

John

PS The reason I’m asking is I don’t won’t to paint any OOB ones, if their is an HBG one available.

• '14 Customizer

There is 2 OOB German tanks, the Panther and the Tiger from latest set.  HBG has a tiger, panzer IV and if they ever complete the America set, Panther and Maus.  They have another set on the horizon but I wouldn’t even consider it for about 2 years. I have been wait for over a year for my pre-ordered Amerika set and almost a year on the US Expansion sets.

@cyanight:

There is 2 OOB German tanks, the Panther and the Tiger from latest set.�  HBG has a tiger, panzer IV and if they ever complete the America set, Panther and Maus.�  They have another set on the horizon but I wouldn’t even consider it for about 2 years. I have been wait for over a year for my pre-ordered Amerika set and almost a year on the US Expansion sets.

Thanks Cyanight for your response! :-)

Cool, so I want have to paint the OOB Tiger, because I’m assuming both Tiger 1 tanks are the same, right?

• I been waiting on that Amerika game set too cyanight.  I think it was last March 2014 was the kickstarted fund… Not including the first kickstarter that failed to reach there pledge goal. It’s fustrating but sounds like it’s all shipping issues and port issues from China.  I haven’t pre ordered the new German minor set, America set, or France set just cause the wait would be years probably! Haha

• '14 Customizer

The OOB Tiger seems to have a thicker barrel on the tank but the HBG version has more detail on the tank body.

jwo, I’m trying my best to be patient.  Last set I ordered was US Expansion. I’m not ordering another set until I get that set. HBG needs to get a supplier here in the states. They can’t depend on that China factory.

• My tank chart on this page…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31982.0

…gives a “minimalist” OOB answer, but it doesn’t include all the minor sculpt design variants of the Panther (barrel length, barrel thickness, muzzle brake, etc.), of which I think there are about six or so.

• '14 Customizer

That’s a perfect chart for the history of all the pieces. Well Done!

@CWO:

My tank chart on this page…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31982.0

…gives a “minimalist” OOB answer, but it doesn’t include all the minor sculpt design variants of the Panther (barrel length, barrel thickness, muzzle brake, etc.), of which I think there are about six or so.

Thanks Marc, I use your chart quite regularly. It is a great chart. :-)

• Thanks Cyanight and John – glad you find the identification charts useful.  For an actual history of the evolution of the sculpts, I highly recommend knp7765’s photographic inventory, located here…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23386.0

…because my I.D. charts approach the subject from a different angle: in almost every case, they simply show one representative sculpt for each nationally-distinctive design produced to depict each unit type that has appeared in A&A over the years.  The charts mostly ignore the many variations (some minor and some major) that have been seen in the sculpts – for example, the two versions of the Japanese field artillery piece, which was produced with the undercarriage either folded for towing or deployed for firing.  The only exceptions I made were for the Panther tank, the 88mm AAA gun and the Stuka dive-bomber (interestingly, all three being German units) because of the peculiar evolution of those three units over the course of A&A’s production history (especially in the case of the gun and the plane, which started out as completely different – and incorrectly-used – units compared to their current status).

@CWO:

Thanks Cyanight and John – glad you find the identification charts useful.  For an actual history of the evolution of the sculpts, I highly recommend knp7765’s photographic inventory, located here…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23386.0

…because my I.D. charts approach the subject from a different angle: in almost every case, they simply show one representative sculpt for each nationally-distinctive design produced to depict each unit type that has appeared in A&A over the years.  The charts mostly ignore the many variations (some minor and some major) that have been seen in the sculpts – for example, the two versions of the Japanese field artillery piece, which was produced with the undercarriage either folded for towing or deployed for firing.  The only exceptions I made were for the Panther tank, the 88mm AAA gun and the Stuka dive-bomber (interestingly, all three being German units) because of the peculiar evolution of those three units over the course of A&A’s production history (especially in the case of the gun and the plane, which started out as completely different – and incorrectly-used – units compared to their current status).

Thanks again Marc, I had forgotten about his thread. this will be very helpful as well. :-)

john

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m