• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

These things can happen, but please keep making these videos. No one else is doing anything like this, and it is needed and appreciated by more people than you know. :-)

• Sponsor

@cyanight:

The video was great, BTW.  Please keep making more :)

Thank you, very appreciated.

• Sponsor

@aequitas:

Don’t worry too much YG.
    You are doing a very good Job. It is ok when it is not allways perfect, peoples will get the Point!
    Don’t let perfect be in the way of better, is an old american saying I’ve learned while working in the US.
    Keep doing!

Outstanding soldier!

Thank you, thats a good saying for me to remember… as I have a perfectionist problem.

• Sponsor

@John:

These things can happen, but please keep making these videos. No one else is doing anything like this, and it is needed and appreciated by more people than you know. :-)

Thanks JB, relly appreciate the support.

• Sponsor

@ShadowHAwk:

You really dont need your tanks down there to take the Iraq NO. Just mech will do the trick with air support later.
    Keeping the tanks up north near 1 of your 2 stacks makes for a nice counter threath, sure 2 tanks dont mean a lot but it is still 1 hit on offense.

It can be the difference for germany of moving in or not moving in that round.

Good point, I suppose 2 mech and 2 air units might be enough, but I would hate to get diced for an easy neutral as well.

• UK can also soften Iraq up to make it easier for russia to take.

• I’d like to add my thanks as well for the videos YG  :-)

As others have noted, don’t worry about perfection.  What your offering is quite interesting and very helpful.  I just got my 1940 boards yesterday so I plan on Monday for our first game.  Will we remember every single rule and nuance?  Probably not, but we’ll have a fun time regardless and learn as we go.

Of the many interesting points you offered in the video, I keyed in on you suggestion to place one of the Russian subs off the coast of France.  That’s a great idea.  And though it’s only a small amount of IPC’s to take from Germany, every little bit helps.

Keep up the good work!

• Sponsor

Thanks SEP,

It’s a good place for the Russian sub IMO, because not only does it convoy Normandy, but it can create some crucial naval can openers as well.

Good luck Monday… don’t worry about getting everything right on your first try, just have fun.

Cheers.

• Thank you sir.  Really looking forward to it.  Looks like I will be on the Allies side.  I prefer Germany and/or Japan but my son has taken an interest in Germany so I’m fine with the Allies.  Looking forward to seeing what I can do with them.

Looks pretty bleak for France though… :-o

• Sponsor

@ShadowHAwk:

I saw the video, nicely done for new players especialy.

In the end i found a small error, moving into china is no problem for russia the mongolian pact will still be the there.
    You cannot attack a japan held zone next to mongolia but as long as it is chinese this rule is not triggered.

Thanks SH,

I came to understand that correctly after the video was made. I plan to make better informative videos later including 1 that talks specificly about the Mongolian rule.

Cheers.

• Really great video! The Russian counter attacks and Iraq idea are really great! I like to try to take Italia Somaliland too with Russia eventually (easy money for a mech!) One question. Why not leave the Russian sub in 127 in 125 in stead of outside Normandy? It is worth one IPC more, is closer to 127(you can deduct from Germany if he attacks turn 2 in stead of 3), and can hit sea units moving to 127(once I got lucky and got a cruiser and two transports). IMO the best way to do the Iraq thing is this. Turn one move one mech and one tank from Stalingrad to Cacausus. (Yes use the tank! It saves Britain from having to help you[unless they use their air which can sometimes have nothing to do]) Next move one mech from Russia to Rostov. Turn 2 Germany should attack(if not just delay your attack) Now move the tank and 2 mechs to Northwest Persia. Move one fighter and one t bomber to Caucasus. Turn three take Iraq. Move the air to Cacausus. Turn 4 move one tank (or a mechanic if it survives) to Egypt. From there try to get some Italian territories(usually east Africa unless Italy just gave up after Taranto.)

Charles de Gaulle leader of France.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

I am also wondering why the russian sub should go to 127 instead of 125. Sure, a German destroyer (or italian) is out of position there, but it doesnt really like to be in 125 either!

And one more thing I am also curious to why the Russian AA guns eventually should enter china. Yes, I understand it is nice to have them there to make it harder for Japan, but why is it better to have a couple in china instead of helping Moscow?

• Sponsor

Hey Guys,

You both make excellent points regarding the Russian sub, I like it adjacent to Normandy for a couple of reasons. Russia is usually not at war for the first 3 turns, so it will sit of Norway without convoying and by the time it gets a chance to, the Germans will have already planned to buy a destroyer to get rid of it, and also give themselves a chance to deny the Russians the national prestige NO. If I was bent on convoying Norway, I would probably leave my sub where it is until the end of my turn 3 (or if Germany attacks G2 of course). However, if I want to get on the move right away, I would park it next to Normandy by R2, it’s already there to convoy as soon as Germany brings Russia into the war, and the Germans have a much more difficult decision wether or not they will invest in a destroyer because they don’t have the added incentive of blocking the Russian NO. After the German fleet has been destroyed or retreats into the Baltic, the Russian sub would be free to go get more convoy money next to Norway (if Germany still controls it), or maybe the sub is playing hero and making can openers (both are great spots for doing that).

• Hey YG. I like your videos so much. It would be really great if you did a minor Allies video. Strategy for ANZAC, China, and France. It is a big thing to ask for but I would love it.

de Gaulle

• Sponsor

@Charles:

Hey YG. I like your videos so much. It would be really great if you did a minor Allies video. Strategy for ANZAC, China, and France. It is a big thing to ask for but I would love it.

de Gaulle

Hey de Gaulle, my plan is to talk about the minor powers and their options during my run-through series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgtaRwhY-PA

• Great! Can’t wait!  :-D

de Gaulle

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m