• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Yep, that will be one of the narratives of the series, along with Stamkos’s first trip to the conference finals and the Rangers trying to get back to the finals.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Gotcha.

TBL - Way better offense. Good goaltending.

NYR - Great Defense. Best goaltending.

Who wins?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’ll tell you who wins.

The person who updates the hockey pool instead of posting at A&A.org in their spare time!

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

I’ll tell you who wins.

The person who updates the hockey pool instead of posting at A&A.org in their spare time!

Why G? …are you knocking on the door to second last place?

@Gargantua:

I’ll tell you who wins.

Oh, cry me a river…  :-P

There is more active conversation here anyway.

• Utica and Grand Rapids should be good

@suprise:

Utica and Grand Rapids should be good

The cup finals should be good, Tampa is a talented team but they are facing their biggest challenge in Chicago. It’s sour grapes but I wish I didn’t pick the Hawks to get bounced in the first round, or I’d be in real good shape for the Playoff Pool. Well I can just hope for a huge series from my Tampa picks.

• Sponsor

@General:

The cup finals should be good, Tampa is a talented team but they are facing their biggest challenge in Chicago. It’s sour grapes but I wish I didn’t pick the Hawks to get bounced in the first round, or I’d be in real good shape for the Playoff Pool. Well I can just hope for a huge series from my Tampa picks.

You can have my Chicago players, it’s all I have left and I dropped fast after the first round.

• Hawks in 6

Should be some fast and high scoring games.
    Gotta love playoff hockey

@General:

The thing I kick myself over is that at the beginning of all this I liked the Hawks and I LOVED Tampa… in terms of going all the way. I did not go heavy on either team as I should have. If I did, I would look like the utter genius that I truly am.  :wink:

Instead, I opted to play it safer and spread my picks out a bit. That worked out well enough to put me in a shoving match for 3rd place, effectively, but it could have been so much better. Darn it. The perfect Pool year squandered.

• Sponsor

Congrats to the Blackhawks, 3 in 6 is very impressive.

For game 6 I bet on the Blackhawks and my buddy took the lightning and I won $10, so I broke even with Hoffman’s pool :)

Cheers

@Young:

Congrats to the Blackhawks, 3 in 6 is very impressive.

For game 6 I bet on the Blackhawks and my buddy took the lightning and I won $10, so I broke even with Hoffman’s pool :)

Cheers

Haha! Awesome… it’s all good then.  :wink:

Hoffman have I  paid?

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

Hoffman have I  paid?

…aren’t you running a tab?  8-)

• @Young:

@Gargantua:

Hoffman have I  paid?

…aren’t you running a tab?  8-)

And even more importantly: are we talking here about IPCs or about that less important variety of money which is handled by banks?

The hawks have to win 4 in 10 before anyone calls them a dynasy - just FYI.

Canucks will make sure that doesn’t happen I swear!

Dynasty gets thrown around too much in sports nowadays, and it’s not fair to compare today’s NHL, NBA and NFL teams to those of the past since all three operate with caps (NBA is the only soft one) and have so much roster turnover that makes it harder to keep a winning core together. Three in six is not a dynasty per se but a sign of modern dominance, much like the Spurs spread out NBA titles.

@Gargantua:

Hoffman have I� paid?

I have not received anything… however, I did just send a Paypal request for money to your joelg_88 address. Hope that was the right one. That is, if you still want to go through Paypal. Otherwise I am basically living in 1940 with no internet and no cable/satellite, so I love the US Postal Service.

And what is with the 88? Seems like you are a Patrick Kane superfan. I don’t think you are really interested in seeing the Blackhawks lose.

@General:

Dynasty gets thrown around too much in sports nowadays, and it’s not fair to compare today’s NHL, NBA and NFL teams to those of the past since all three operate with caps (NBA is the only soft one) and have so much roster turnover that makes it harder to keep a winning core together. Three in six is not a dynasty per se but a sign of modern dominance, much like the Spurs spread out NBA titles.

I agree. I don’t know what, if any, definition off a sports dynasty exists, but for me multiple championships in a row are pretty much a necessity. 3 in 6 is great, but that doesn’t compare to Detroit winning 3/4 from 1952-55 let alone what Montreal and Toronto have accomplished or the Oilers winning 5/7 or the Islanders winning 4 in a row.

Granted, as you said, it is very difficult to compare eras when the rules were different, the process was different, the equipment and training was different and there were fewer teams.

Chicago is not a dynasty. Not yet anyway. Though they are the best team in the NHL (and therefore in the World) right now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m