Soccer is the #1 sport in the world

• 2007 AAR League

Disagree? tell us why. It sure as hell beats baseball…

• OK… #1 team sport?.. or sport that maintains a team in the most number of countries?.. or the sport that is more internationally well known?  Its an entire subjective statement… but i will say its totally boring watching 45 minutes and no score and spending 2 hours to watch a 0/0,0/1, or 2/1 score… I can watch paint dry just the same or count those proverial holes in the ceiling tile… Basketball is by far more enjoyable or American football…Thai boxing ( of boxing)  and tennis can also be good but… Golf, Baseball, Lacrose, soccer, arena football, WWF, WBL, Bowling are all guilty of being serious boring sports to watch… ( note: didnt say play).

Soccer is the #1 team sport… Ultimate Frisbee rules all else for “fun-ness”!

• I am a fan of lesser sports…

Australian dick wrestling
    Cross-country ballroom dancing

and my personal favorite…
    Roller Fracking!

(George Carlin fans may appreciate those, otherwise ignore and move along…)

• Now by the word “sport”, what do you mean?  The definition of the word sport has changed over the decades.  I used to think a real sport was one in which people would compete (either individually or on a team) doing physically strenuous activitys, like running, taking down another player like in Hockey or Football.  Nowadays, stupid crap like Nascar, fishing, etc. are considered sports.  However I will agree that Soccer is the #1 sport in the world……although the US really doesnt give a crap what the world likes.  Baseball and soccer are both really boring at times, unless a big fight breaks out, which it does very often in those sports.

@ncscswitch:

I am a fan of lesser sports…

Australian dick wrestling
    Cross-country ballroom dancing

and my personal favorite…
    Roller Fracking!

(George Carlin fans may appreciate those, otherwise ignore and move along…)

George Carlin is funny as hell.  He had a very funny part in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (as the guy willing to give “head” for a ride.)  Now that you remind me, I think I will have to netflix some of his stand ups.  :wink:

• Carlin at Carnegie
    and
    Carlin on Campus

:-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m