Recommended alternative piece for Minor IC's

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@AlphaKappa:

@John:

@AlphaKappa:

The small gray factory pieces from the U-Build-It Monopoly game are ideal as Minor IC’s.

They have the same footprint as the chits that are included in Europe / Pacific 1940 and they look great.

How many comes in the game?

I don’t know how many come in the U-Build Monopoly game… I got mine on ebay as a separate lot and I got a ton of them.  I’m guessing you probably get around 30 of them.

Great, thanks AK! :-)

• It’s interesting to note that they appear to stack… Could one be used as a Minor IC and two stacked be used as a Major IC?

• @amanntai:

It’s interesting to note that they appear to stack… Could one be used as a Minor IC and two stacked be used as a Major IC?

I’d call such a unit an Industrial Skyscraper.  It would represent the corporate headquarters side of a nation’s economy, as opposed to its factory side.

• @CWO:

@amanntai:

It’s interesting to note that they appear to stack… Could one be used as a Minor IC and two stacked be used as a Major IC?

I’d call such a unit an Industrial Skyscraper.  It would represent the corporate headquarters side of a nation’s economy, as opposed to its factory side.

But what would it do?

• @amanntai:

But what would it do?

It was just a joke.

• Customizer

**Guys,

––IMHO, While these units look somewhat like a factory,…they aren’t really “distictive”, and with all of the many units now on the gameboard I, personally, prefer things to be very “distictive” and thus INSTANTLY recognizable. The units that I use for Factories, both Major & Minor, have smokestacks that I feel instantly tells you that these are Factories, as well as being very well detailed.
    ----You know, it might sound funny, but my favorite part of my factories are the smokestacks with individually painted bricks.

Tall Paul**

All Factory, Minor-01CC.jpg
    All Factory, Major-01CC.jpg

• I never liked the cardboard chits but haven’t found a suitable affordable option til now. For $6 including s/h i got the ubuild pieces. It came with 40 gray minor ics and 40 green houses. The gray pieces have 2 slanted roofs and a small chimney and look great next to the old ics with 3 slanted roof and 2 smoke stacks. They are about the same size…12mm square vs 9mm x 17mm rectangle of old ics.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

These U-build monopoly buildings would be perfect barracks to represent POW/concentration camps (a house rules thing).

Thanks for telling us about these!

• '16

The best approach I’ve seen was a friend who cut his factories in half with a hacksaw. Large factories are majors, while the smaller, halved factories are minors.

I’ve got mine painted three different colors. Bought a lot of 50 for a few dollars from a vendor at Nashcon in May 2016.

Before Nashcon, I used red Monopoly hotels for the major factories and the green hotels for minor factories. I still like to use the green ones every now and again because I think they’re nifty.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m