XPAD2 Game 21 Dicer's Creed (axis) vs Team GARL (allies+12)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@seththenewb:

Also, from now on, legal move or not; all units in CM are locked there. Feel free to make ncm moves in the cm phase. Like I said I’m not going to try and police whether people move in the cm or ncm phase. But what moves in that phase is locked from further movement.

Well I’m glad that we are all in agreement to move forward.

However, I am going to caution against this argument.

What I’m reading here is an argument that my sub off the west coast of Australia could not have moved in noncombat because it chose to stay in place during the combat move… ???

Because choosing not to move is a move.

This is a terrible precedent to set…

• That statement is also conflicting with the actual rules. After all when air units move during the combat phase, they can also move during the non combat phase. So that statement as it is right now is against the actual rules. I know it is aimed at naval units, but it doesn’t say that.

• '10

I think it should be simple: Do not move any unit during CM that you do not intend to be a permanent move, whether a CM or NCM.  Doesn’t matter.

So, yes, you can only hurt yourself as the attacker if you make “extra” moves during CM.  I understand that mistakes can happen if you are mocking up different moves on the map beforehand, trying out different things before you actually post.  That’s why before I move for real, I always load up a fresh map, and do only true CMs.

• Whether anyone wants to move any ground or naval units in the combat move phase that aren’t related to combat is up to them. But once they move they will stay moved, that’s all I’m saying. I don’t intend to start calling out every move that happens in the cm phase that isn’t related to combat and saying that’s illegal. But once combat dice are thrown and/or intercept/scramble decisions have been made then ALL units moved in the cm phase are locked to the terr or sz that they’ve moved to. And since we have a peanut gallery, obviously this doesn’t apply to air units.

• '12

hey karl and garg - hurry up!  we need an opponent in the pit and i think i know who it’s gonna be.

@seththenewb:

Whether anyone wants to move any ground or naval units in the combat move phase that aren’t related to combat is up to them. But once they move they will stay moved, that’s all I’m saying. I don’t intend to start calling out every move that happens in the cm phase that isn’t related to combat and saying that’s illegal. But once combat dice are thrown and/or intercept/scramble decisions have been made then ALL units moved in the cm phase are locked to the terr or sz that they’ve moved to. And since we have a peanut gallery, obviously this doesn’t apply to air units.

I can roll with this, so long as I dont start hearing arguments that I cant move pieces in NcM because they are “post die rolls”, or that I chose to leave them In place by not moving them move them during the combat phase.

Let’s move on!

• By that standard no ncm phase would exist except air trying to land.  :roll:

There have been other moves in the cm phase that I haven’t kicked up a fuss about. I only called out this one because I don’t want the wrong precedent set. Look at it from another perspective. Say UK moved it’s fleet to sz91 in the cm phase at the same time that an attack was made on ships in sz112. If I make my scramble and any subsequent loss decisions based in part on what that fleet in sz91, I want to know that it’s going to stay there and it’s not going to suddenly be in sz109 instead.

@seththenewb:

By that standard no ncm phase would exist except air trying to land.  :roll:

There have been other moves in the cm phase that I haven’t kicked up a fuss about. I only called out this one because I don’t want the wrong precedent set. Look at it from another perspective. Say UK moved it’s fleet to sz91 in the cm phase at the same time that an attack was made on ships in sz112. If I make my scramble and any subsequent loss decisions based in part on what that fleet in sz91, I want to know that it’s going to stay there and it’s not going to suddenly be in sz109 instead.

Looking at it from that perspective, Germany can argue that it chose to scramble on the basis that the UK fleet wasn’t moving to Sz91 or Sz112, and was staying in position.

Hence why NCM’s done at the same time as combat are illegal.

#1. I will make sure I don’t make NCM’s at the same time as CM
    #2. Neither party should base their strategy off of “illegal maneuvers” observed on the board.

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
                2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Queensland to South Australia
                1 destroyer moved from 54 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from New South Wales to South Australia
                1 cruiser moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
                1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in New South Wales
                1 transport placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
                ANZAC collect 14 PUs; end with 14 PUs total

• The German War Machine is ready, where’s the allied feeble attempts to save the day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcz-Oho0tlU

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 2

Combat Move - French
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Holland Belgium
                1 infantry moved from Libya to Tobruk
                      French take Tobruk from Italians

Combat - French
                Battle in Holland Belgium
                    French attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Germans defend with 1 aaGun and 2 infantry
                        French roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 :  2/2 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 aaGun and 2 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 aaGun owned by the Germans lost in Holland Belgium
                        French roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 :  1/2 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Holland Belgium
                    French win, taking Holland Belgium from Germans with 1 artillery and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 11
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 aaGun and 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - French
                1 fighter moved from Iceland to United Kingdom
                1 infantry moved from Tunisia to Libya
                1 infantry moved from Algeria to Tunisia
                1 infantry moved from French Central Africa to French Equatorial Africa
                1 destroyer moved from 81 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - French

Dice Statistics:

Total
                1 was rolled 1 times
                2 was rolled 2 times
                3 was rolled 2 times
                4 was rolled 1 times
                5 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 2.857
            Median : 3.000
            Variance : 0.500
            Standard Deviation : 0.707
            Total rolls : 7

Germans Combat
                3 was rolled 2 times
                5 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 3.667
            Variance : 2.500
            Standard Deviation : 1.581
            Total rolls : 3

French Combat
                1 was rolled 1 times
                2 was rolled 2 times
                4 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 2.250
            Median : 2.000
            Variance : 2.000
            Standard Deviation : 1.414
            Total rolls : 4

@seththenewb:

The German War Machine is ready, where’s the allied feeble attempts to save the day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcz-Oho0tlU

You mean the “I have to pervert the game to have a chance at winning so I’m running the same old cheap script strategy war machine?”

Yeah, it’s weak, and we’re still going to stomp you, like we’ve stomped all your little friends in Denver.

Chop Chop Germany, you’re up!

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 3

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 2 fighters and 6 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Politics - Germans
                Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese
                    Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Germans and Chinese from Neutrality to War

Combat Move - Germans
                2 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia
                1 bomber moved from Western Germany to Karelia
                3 bombers moved from Western Germany to Trans-Jordan
                4 bombers, 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Southern Italy to Trans-Jordan
                2 infantry moved from Norway to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
                1 infantry moved from Baltic States to Novgorod
                      Germans take Novgorod from Russians
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Holland Belgium
                2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium

Combat - Germans
                Battle in Gibraltar
                Battle in Trans-Jordan
                    Germans attack with 7 bombers, 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers
                    British defend with 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber; French defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Gibraltar from British with 7 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -1
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Casualties for British: 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Casualties for French: 1 infantry
                    Germans attack with 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers
                    French defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    retreated to Holland Belgium
                    French win with 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is -5
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 mech_infantrys
                Battle in Karelia
                    Germans attack with 1 bomber and 2 infantry
                    Russians defend with 2 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Karelia from Russians with 1 bomber and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Russians: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
                1 bomber moved from Karelia to Finland
                2 aaGuns, 1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Baltic States to Novgorod
                2 armour, 3 artilleries and 13 infantry moved from Baltic States to Belarus
                2 artilleries moved from Eastern Poland to Belarus
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Eastern Poland
                6 armour and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Romania to Belarus
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Baltic States
                2 tactical_bombers moved from Holland Belgium to Western Germany
                7 bombers moved from Trans-Jordan to Egypt
                2 fighters moved from Western Germany to Belarus
                1 cruiser moved from 112 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans
                4 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
                2 fighters and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Western Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
                Germans collect 39 PUs; end with 39 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 44 PUs
                Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 49 PUs

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 2 fighters and 6 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Politics - Germans
                Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese
                    Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Germans and Chinese from Neutrality to War

Combat Move - Germans
                2 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia
                1 bomber moved from Western Germany to Karelia
                3 bombers moved from Western Germany to Trans-Jordan
                4 bombers, 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Southern Italy to Trans-Jordan
                2 infantry moved from Norway to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
                1 infantry moved from Baltic States to Novgorod
                      Germans take Novgorod from Russians
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Holland Belgium
                2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium

Combat - Germans
                Battle in Gibraltar
                Battle in Trans-Jordan
                    Germans attack with 7 bombers, 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers
                    British defend with 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber; French defend with 1 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 7 bombers, 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers in Trans-Jordan, round 2 :  7/10 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Trans-Jordan, round 2 :  3/5 hits
                        2 tactical_bombers owned by the Germans, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the British, 1 fighter owned by the Germans, 1 fighter owned by the British, 1 artillery owned by the British, 1 infantry owned by the British and 1 infantry owned by the French lost in Trans-Jordan
                    Germans win, taking Gibraltar from British with 7 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -1
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Casualties for British: 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans attack with 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers
                    French defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers in Holland Belgium, round 2 :  1/4 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 :  2/2 hits
                        2 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the French lost in Holland Belgium
                    retreated to Holland Belgium
                    French win with 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is -5
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 mech_infantrys
                Battle in Karelia
                    Germans attack with 1 bomber and 2 infantry
                    Russians defend with 2 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 1 bomber and 2 infantry in Karelia, round 2 :  1/3 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 2 infantry in Karelia, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Karelia
                        Germans roll dice for 1 bomber and 2 infantry in Karelia, round 3 :  2/3 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Karelia, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Karelia
                    Germans win, taking Karelia from Russians with 1 bomber and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Russians: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
                1 bomber moved from Karelia to Finland
                2 aaGuns, 1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Baltic States to Novgorod
                2 armour, 3 artilleries and 13 infantry moved from Baltic States to Belarus
                2 artilleries moved from Eastern Poland to Belarus
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Eastern Poland
                6 armour and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Romania to Belarus
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Baltic States
                2 tactical_bombers moved from Holland Belgium to Western Germany
                7 bombers moved from Trans-Jordan to Egypt
                2 fighters moved from Western Germany to Belarus
                1 cruiser moved from 112 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans
                4 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
                2 fighters and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Western Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
                Germans collect 39 PUs; end with 39 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 44 PUs
                Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 49 PUs
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Belarus: 1 armour and 1 infantry
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Novgorod: 1 armour and 1 infantry
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Belarus: 1 armour
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Novgorod: 1 armour
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Production/PUs Summary :

Germans : 39 / 49
        Russians : 31 / 40
        Japanese : 38 / 44
        Americans : 55 / 80
        Chinese : 8 / 9
        British : 28 / 31
        UK_Pacific : 14 / 14
        Italians : 17 / 24
        ANZAC : 14 / 14
        French : 14 / 0
        Dutch : 3 / 0
        Mongolians : 0 / 0
        Neutral_Axis : 0 / 0
        Neutral_Allies : 4 / 0
        Neutral_True : 18 / 0

Dice Statistics:

Total
                1 was rolled 4 times
                2 was rolled 8 times
                3 was rolled 8 times
                4 was rolled 5 times
                5 was rolled 2 times
                6 was rolled 3 times
            Average roll : 3.067
            Variance : 1.103
            Standard Deviation : 1.050
            Total rolls : 30

Germans Combat
                1 was rolled 4 times
                2 was rolled 3 times
                3 was rolled 6 times
                4 was rolled 3 times
                5 was rolled 1 times
                6 was rolled 3 times
            Average roll : 3.150
            Variance : 0.737
            Standard Deviation : 0.858
            Total rolls : 20

British Combat
                2 was rolled 3 times
                4 was rolled 1 times
                5 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 3.000
            Variance : 2.750
            Standard Deviation : 1.658
            Total rolls : 5

French Combat
                2 was rolled 2 times
            Average roll : 2.000
            Variance : 4.000
            Standard Deviation : 2.000
            Total rolls : 2

Russians Combat
                3 was rolled 2 times
                4 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 3.333
            Variance : 2.500
            Standard Deviation : 1.581
            Total rolls : 3

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Game History

Purchase Units - Russians
                Russians buy 1 armour, 7 artilleries and 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Russians
                1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Eastern Poland
                3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bryansk to Eastern Poland
                1 submarine moved from 119 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone

Combat - Russians
                Battle in 112 Sea Zone
                    Russians attack with 1 submarine
                    Germans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Russians win with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 destroyer
                Battle in Eastern Poland
                    Russians attack with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians win, taking Eastern Poland from Germans with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Russians
                3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Eastern Poland to Bryansk
                1 aaGun, 2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Western Ukraine to Bryansk
                3 infantry moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
                2 infantry moved from Smolensk to Bryansk
                2 aaGuns and 4 infantry moved from Archangel to Smolensk
                1 fighter and 6 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
                6 infantry moved from Yenisey to Timguska
                2 aaGuns and 12 infantry moved from Yakut S.S.R. to Yenisey
                1 mech_infantry moved from Northwest Persia to Rostov

Place Units - Russians
                1 armour, 7 artilleries and 2 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
                Russians collect 32 PUs; end with 32 PUs total
                Trigger Russians 1 Lend Lease: Russians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 37 PUs

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Hey, Germany, I attacked your DD with my sub.

My sub hit and killed your dd. Your DD missed.  However, I accidentally clicked no scram……

Please fell free to roll 2ftrs, 1 tacb here… assuming you scram.  :-P

• Can I ask why my aircraft didn’t scramble?

They would have obviously scrambled. That was the intent.

2ftr, tac
    DiceRolls: 1@3, 2@4; Total Hits: 31@3,: (1)2@4: (2, 3)

LOL 3 out of 3 hits. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m