• Although a newbie who has just about grasped the basics of 1941, I would be interested in attending an event on the assumption that I might get a game of 1941 and learn.  It would also be great to watch 1942 being played.

I don’t see any UK events on the forum? :-(

Cheers
    PP

• Should have guessed you were British. Actually, suspected you might have been.
    Where are you? I am in Hereford.

• Hi Hauptsturmfuhrer Wittman

I live in Derbyshire.

Do we do such events in the UK?  If we need some British energy to kick one off, perhaps I can contribute my own despite being limited to 1941 and having no knowledge of what they entail?

Doesn’t sound like much of an offer does it!

Cheers
    Rottenfuhrer Panik

• I don’t think so, Rottenfuhrer.
    Seems to be a North American thing. I did go and play a couple of guys on this site 18 months ago. Went to Portsmouth.
    Look on Find PLayers. Sgt. Wiltan has a list of Engliah players.
    at work now; talk soon.

• Took a look at Find Players. Couldn’t find a Sgt. Wiltan posting. But Deaths Head 420 lists these in the UK:

Viracocha-London- A&A
    bluelionman-Merstham, Surrey RH1- A&A
    Lozmoid-Portsmouth- A&A
    wittman-Hereford- A&A

That’s a bit thin and no-one within 2 hours of me.  I guess I am going to have to graduate beyond 1941 before I become a worthwhile opponent anyway.  Even though 1941 probably means a day trip to a central point, rather than an overnighter, presumably we have to be talking 1942 or 1940 to get anyone interested?

Enthusiasm and energy undented ….

Cheers
    PP

• Sorry, it is jluna. Is where you were looking. Duklapassa is in Hull and Flashman is in Yorkshire. Then four of us in the South.
    Do buy 42 when you can. That can be played in 6-8 hours. 1941 is a bit basic for the hard core members here. Global is great, but not best for face to face, as it takes two days to play.

• Thanks Wittman

Perhaps I am the central location then and could host a game at some point?  Will buy 42 and learn it.  If I then tried to elicit some interest would you be up for it?

Cheers
    PP

• If you could get a group together, maybe. I own a restaurant (Italian) and work weekends, so could only do a Sunday, which is also my wife’s day off. I am also a keen Fiorentina fan, so am usually at my parents’, watching them on Italian Sky on a Sunday.
    I am lucky enough to play on line here, whist my wife works and my daughter is at school.

• That’s good enough for me.  I’ll buy 1942 now!

When I have learned the basics I’ll ask your advice on how best to get 3 other players interested for a date that works for both of us.

I also have my own business, but am fortunate that I have been able scale back and semi retire, giving me a couple of weekdays free each week.  However, weekends are always in short supply given social demands, so we might need to work out the date well in advance of the actual game.

I am not confident of taking my own player group with me into 1942, which is why the possibility of a group via this Board was important.  If everyone enjoys it we might have something that we repeat from time to time.

• Happy to help and would try my upmost to make a date(!). You will enjoy 42. Lovely sculpts!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m