Recommended alternative piece for Minor IC's

• The small gray factory pieces from the U-Build Monopoly game are ideal as Minor IC’s.

They have the same footprint as the chits that are included in Europe / Pacific 1940 and they look great.

Edit:  When searching for these, use the term “house”, not “factory”.   :-D

Edit 2:  You guys mentioned the factories that come with Risk 2008.  These are good as well.  They have a nice glossy finish.  I use those as Major IC’s.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@AlphaKappa:

The small gray factory pieces from the U-Build-It Monopoly game are ideal as Minor IC’s.

They have the same footprint as the chits that are included in Europe / Pacific 1940 and they look great.

How many comes in the game?

• @AlphaKappa:

They have the same footprint as the chits that are included in Europe / Pacific 1940

Are they really the same size?  From the few pictures I could find online, they look rather larger, they seem to be welded to a hexagonal base, and they seem to be in multiple colours rather than grey.  Perhaps you’re talking about a different unit from the same game.  Can you provide a photo?

@CWO:

@AlphaKappa:

They have the same footprint as the chits that are included in Europe / Pacific 1940

Are they really the same size?  From the few pictures I could find online, they look rather larger, they seem to be welded to a hexagonal base, and they seem to be in multiple colours rather than grey.  Perhaps you’re talking about a different unit from the same game.  Can you provide a photo?

I know there is a risk game that has pieces that look like factories, but not sure about this one.

• @John:

@CWO:

@AlphaKappa:

Are they really the same size?�  From the few pictures I could find online, they look rather larger, they seem to be welded to a hexagonal base, and they seem to be in multiple colours rather than grey.�  Perhaps you’re talking about a different unit from the same game.�  Can you provide a photo?

I know there is a risk game that has pieces that look like factories, but not sure about this one.

That’s the 2008 version of Risk. Most people though, use the cities as Major, rather than Minor ICs.

@amanntai:

@John:

@CWO:

@AlphaKappa:

Are they really the same size?�  From the few pictures I could find online, they look rather larger, they seem to be welded to a hexagonal base, and they seem to be in multiple colours rather than grey.�  Perhaps you’re talking about a different unit from the same game.�  Can you provide a photo?

That’s the 2008 version of Risk. Most people though, use the cities as Major, rather than Minor ICs.

Thanks, I couldn’t remember which version it came from, and your right, I use them for major factories as well, but I’m sure about the monopoly game.

Do you know anything about?

• @John:

@amanntai:

@John:

@CWO:

@AlphaKappa:

Are they really the same size?��  From the few pictures I could find online, they look rather larger, they seem to be welded to a hexagonal base, and they seem to be in multiple colours rather than grey.��  Perhaps you’re talking about a different unit from the same game.��  Can you provide a photo?

Thanks, I couldn’t remember which version it came from, and your right, I use them for major factories as well, but I’m sure about the monopoly game.

Do you know anything about?

I don’t know anything about the Monopoly pieces. I just use the Risk cities as majors and the A&A ICs as minors.

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Just did a google image search, looks about right, looks like enough for a game, i like others have the risk cities to use as majors

Well guys, it could be legit. It never hurts to have more things, to add to a game. :-)

• Sponsor

Couldn’t find many pictures of them out there, but here’s a few… (be sure to scroll down to view all pics).

http://guide.alibaba.com/shop/new-pack-hasbro-u-build-monopoly-gray-building-set-replacement-pieces-gam_9286291.html

• @Young:

Couldn’t find many pictures of them out there, but here’s a few… (be sure to scroll down to view all pics).

http://guide.alibaba.com/shop/new-pack-hasbro-u-build-monopoly-gray-building-set-replacement-pieces-gam_9286291.html

Those are the ones.
    Here is a high-res shot of them:  http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81w-xwRL38L.SL1500.jpg

Edit:  Note that the plastic quality is actually not glossy as shown in this photo.  The plastic has a matte surface and is similar in feel to HBG’s recent UK pieces.

• @CWO:

@AlphaKappa:

Are they really the same size?  From the few pictures I could find online, they look rather larger, they seem to be welded to a hexagonal base, and they seem to be in multiple colours rather than grey.  Perhaps you’re talking about a different unit from the same game.  Can you provide a photo?

They are not welded to the hexes – they are in fact separate square-shaped factory pieces in a neutral gray color.  See the picture in my above post for reference.

I bought mine on ebay for like 5 bucks.  Check em out!

Edit:  Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

• @AlphaKappa:

See the picture in my above post for reference.

Ah.  Yes, now I see them.  Thanks.

• @John:

@AlphaKappa:

The small gray factory pieces from the U-Build-It Monopoly game are ideal as Minor IC’s.

I don’t know how many come in the U-Build Monopoly game… I got mine on ebay as a separate lot and I got a ton of them.  I’m guessing you probably get around 30 of them.

@AlphaKappa:

@John:

@AlphaKappa:

I don’t know how many come in the U-Build Monopoly game… I got mine on ebay as a separate lot and I got a ton of them.  I’m guessing you probably get around 30 of them.

Great, thanks AK! :-)

• It’s interesting to note that they appear to stack… Could one be used as a Minor IC and two stacked be used as a Major IC?

• @amanntai:

It’s interesting to note that they appear to stack… Could one be used as a Minor IC and two stacked be used as a Major IC?

I’d call such a unit an Industrial Skyscraper.  It would represent the corporate headquarters side of a nation’s economy, as opposed to its factory side.

• @CWO:

@amanntai:

It’s interesting to note that they appear to stack… Could one be used as a Minor IC and two stacked be used as a Major IC?

I’d call such a unit an Industrial Skyscraper.  It would represent the corporate headquarters side of a nation’s economy, as opposed to its factory side.

But what would it do?

• @amanntai:

But what would it do?

It was just a joke.

• Customizer

**Guys,

––IMHO, While these units look somewhat like a factory,…they aren’t really “distictive”, and with all of the many units now on the gameboard I, personally, prefer things to be very “distictive” and thus INSTANTLY recognizable. The units that I use for Factories, both Major & Minor, have smokestacks that I feel instantly tells you that these are Factories, as well as being very well detailed.
    ----You know, it might sound funny, but my favorite part of my factories are the smokestacks with individually painted bricks.

Tall Paul**

All Factory, Minor-01CC.jpg
    All Factory, Major-01CC.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m