• OK, so what do you do as Allies if:

Germany expands and takes Karelia and holds the line from Baltic States, East Poland, Ukraine but not  Stalingrad; then just hedgehogs down at that point buying more and more infantry and daring Russia to attack.

It secures Egypt with Italy, continues to expand in Africa and shores up France and NW Europe and Norway.

It is now just waiting for Japan at Persia.

• “bomb, bomb, bomb,… bomb bomb Iran the axis ICs.” -John McCain
    and build up a navy and an amphibious assault force.

how does that sound?

I’m no expert… I don’t even own the game, I was just answering the question.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

If Germany boggs down, it’s over.  The Axis cannot win this game in Turtle mode like they can Revised.  (Mainly because Japan has other things to do and can’t be expected to both take out China and hold back America, and on top of that, do all the work against Russia.)

Just my opinion.

As for bombing, I advocate that anyway.  Cost of losing a bomber isn’t so huge now that everyone’s earning a lot more money and the price of bombers are lower and bombing can do wonders for Russian units.

• Soviets: stack Infantry along the german line, send tanks into China
    British: All efforts go into Africa, eventually invade Italy
    U.S.: Stack troops in UK for direct assault on Berlin FTW

Easier to kill Rome before Berlin

• Simultaneously would work best so it shatters most hope for  a counter-attack

Yea, but the beautiful thing about this map is, Germany and Italy are two spaces away from each other.

Odds are, if one can be counter attacked, then so can the other but neither can just run infantry from one to the other without tanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m