The Cliffside Bunker's G40 House Rules

• Sponsor

Cliffside Bunker’s G40 House Rules

New UK Pacific Nation:

The United Kingdom Pacific economy will now operate as a separate nation apart from the United Kingdom Europe economy. This new UK Pacific nation will now use French blue units, union jack roundels, and will go between Italy and ANZAC in the turn sequence. Any territory controlled by one of the two separate UK nations (UK Pacific, or UK Europe) regardless of location, will count toward the overall income of the individual UK nation that controls it.

(Union Jack roundels and new French yellow pieces can be purchased through HBG)

New National Objectives:

Soviet Union

The Russian “National Prestige” national objective has been modified and split into 2 separate bonuses when Russia is at war with Germany.

_- 5 IPCs if there are no Axis warships is sea zone #125, and the Allies control Archangel.

• 5 IPCs if there are no Allied units on any originally controlled Russian territories._

Japan

and in addition to all Japanese national objectives…

- 5 IPCs if Japan controls all Chinese original territories

China

The following Chinese national objective will replace “the Burma Road”

- 2 free artillery units during the place new units phase if the Allied powers control all territories connecting the Burma road.

Germany

In addition to all other German national objectives…

- 5 IPCs if Germany controls London.

Victory Objectives & Victory Tokens

Once a victory objective is achieved, a victory token will be awarded. The side with the most victory tokens at the end of the day wins the game. Victory tokens are awarded immediately upon completion regardless of when, and each objective need only be achieved, and not held in order to receive a token. A win or a tie can only be declared at the end of a full game round.

Here is a list of all the available victory objectives for each side.

Axis Powers

• Washington
      The Axis control Washington

• London
      The Axis control London

• Moscow
      The Axis control Moscow

• Calcutta
      The Axis control Calcutta

• Sydney
      The Axis control Sydney

• North Africa
      The Axis control Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Tobruk, Alexandria, and Egypt.

• Economy
      The Axis powers have a combined total of 136 IPCs on the income tracker

• Pacific
      The Axis control 6 victory cities on the Pacific map

• Europe
      The Axis control 7 victory cities on the Europe map

Allied Powers

• Berlin
      The Allies control Berlin

• Rome
      The Allies control Rome

• Tokyo
      The Allies control Tokyo

• Africa
      There are no Axis land units on the continent of Africa

• Paris Liberation
      The Allies have liberated Paris

• Philippines Liberation
      The Allies have liberated the Philippines

• China Liberation
      The Allies have liberated all Chinese original territories

• Pacific Supremacy
      There are no Japanese Capital ships on the board

• Atlantic Supremacy
      Italy and Germany have no warships on the board

New Strategic Bombing Raid Rule:

Strategic bombers conducting SBRs only receive a +2 damage bonus if they have departed from an operational air base.

Teams During Group Play:

4 Player Groups:

Player 1 - Germany / Italy
    Player 2 - Japan
    Player 3 - UK Europe / France / Soviet Union
    Player 4 - United States / UK Pacific / ANZAC / China

5 Player Groups:

Player 1 - Germany / Italy
    Player 2 - Japan
    Player 3 - UK Europe / UK Pacific / France
    Player 4 - Soviet Union / China
    Player 5 - United States / ANZAC

6 Player Groups:

Player 1 - Germany
    Player 2 - Japan
    Player 3 - Italy
    Player 4 - UK Europe / UK Pacific / France
    Player 5 - Soviet Union / China
    Player 6 - United States / ANZAC

7 Player Groups:

Player 1 - Germany
    Player 2 - Japan
    Player 3 - Italy
    Player 4 - UK Europe / France
    Player 5 - Soviet Union
    Player 6 - United States
    Player 7 - UK Pacific / ANZAC / China

• Sponsor

Recently updated.

• 10 IPC’s if Germany controls London… WTF? Isn’t that completely game breaking? I feel like every game would be Germany going 100% Sea Lion, and since you get 10 extra dollars for controlling London it would be worth it. Aren’t you trying to make house rules that make the bid less not more?

• Sponsor

@theROCmonster:

10 IPC’s if Germany controls London… WTF? Isn’t that completely game breaking? I feel like every game would be Germany going 100% Sea Lion, and since you get 10 extra dollars for controlling London it would be worth it. Aren’t you trying to make house rules that make the bid less not more?

To clarify, these rules were built to solve issues within our own table-top gaming group, they’re not meant to satisfy the entire A&A community. Our group will reluctantly go sealion if served on a silver platter, however, in most of our games… Germany will focus on Russia. Imagine you want to do sealion, but you have 2 teamates that advise against it, then you have to be diplomatic in your choices because they might want to do something you’re not crazy about. What if your failed sealion attempt ended the entire day for everyone before they got a chance to do anything themselves… sometimes things like that force you to go with the safer option.

If you read our new political situation, it makes sealion even less desirable, so to counter that and make sealion a good choice, we had to sweeten the pot a little. Now I understand that some players like yourself might see this as a game breaker, and you may be right, but our group of players require different motivators, and we want the game balanced to suit our needs. We may have a different view on how we conduct and counter strategies, but every game table out there could be visited by an outsider who thinks they’re playing the game all wrong. I understand this dynamic more and more when different members create house rules others think to be in left field.

• I just read your political rules and it does make sea lion a lot less tempting, but I still think I’d open every game with carrier 2 transports as Germany.

• Sponsor

@theROCmonster:

I just read your political rules and it does make sea lion a lot less tempting, but I still think I’d open every game with carrier 2 transports as Germany.

That’s the standard G1 purchase among our players.

• Sponsor

Updated… These are the only changes to our games and will be so for all 2015, we will re-evaluate at this time next year. Cheers.

• Sponsor

Updated…

• '17 '16

Hope UK Pacific new turn order will help smooth the game flow.
    Do you intend to merge it with ANZAC when you have less players around the table?

• Sponsor

@Baron:

Hope UK Pacific new turn order will help smooth the game flow.
    Do you intend to merge it with ANZAC when you have less players around the table?

I don’t think so, the group loves the speed of the game with the separate UK nations… but they want something a little closer to oob rules. Also, it’s believed that the new victory objectives help balance the game the way a combined UK Pacific and ANZAC combo once did. It still needs a few tweeks to the NOs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m