• Is HBG working on a supplement set of USSR?

AL

• They already have a USSR early war set:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Russia_c_166.html

• Personally, I’d like to see a USSR Supplement set (ie, not Early War), allowing a basic ground and naval soviet set in maroon (or red, just not brown). I’d much rather see that than yet more Japanese carriers and British bombers.

• I know….that’s why I wrote: supplement set.
    What you would like to get in a USSR supplement set?

AL

• I’d like to see these Russian units (all in maroon)
    anti-aircraft (M1939)
    special forces
    submarine (Srednyaya)
    destroyer (Gnevny or Soobrazitelny)
    cruiser (Chapayev or Kirov)
    battleship (Sovetsky)
    carrier (Kostromitinova)
    sea transport
    jet fighter (MiG-9)

• anti-aircraft (M1939)
    special forces
    submarine (Srednyaya)
    destroyer (Gnevny or Soobrazitelny)
    cruiser (Chapayev or Kirov)
    battleship (Sovetsky)
    carrier (Kostromitinova)
    sea transport
    jet fighter (MiG-9)

Good choice but not sure about the jet fighter.
    I would like to see:
    Infantry with anti-tank riffle.
    Partisan.
    KV1
    Russian marines
    Petlyakov PE2
    Howitzer 152 mm
    76 mm M1939

Yeah…I need more Russian artillery!

• Yeah…I need more Russian artillery!

Nein !  :-D

I like HBG rockets too.

• Da……

And I also need more german artillery…
    Nebelwerfer…!!!

• and I miss selfpropelled artillery for all nations

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

SU series SP guns

Sturmovik

T 34/85

Maxim 1910 gunner

Zis anti tank gun

Infantry with flamethrower (especially for Stalingrad)

• I already have the SU 100 and SU 76 but It will be great in a set.

AL

• Customizer

I definitely would like the IL-2 Sturmovik, and the PE-8.
    I am really looking forward to being able to replace all my OOB pieces with HBG pieces so I would like to see a basic set for all nations. The Axis Minors 2 set will come close for Germany since they will have the Bismarck, Graf Zeppelin, Panther and Stuka.
    I’m not talking about different types of units, but replacing the same as the OOB units. WOTC used up a lot of really iconic vehicles, planes and ships. I just want the great HBG detailing.

• @crusaderiv:

I already have the SU 100 and SU 76 but It will be great in a set.

AL

Could I ask if you remember from which sets those two came? I don’t like the Russians, so have never bought any expansion/supplement sets. Might do though….

• Wittman…

CinC product.
    10 years ago,no one make real part for A&A game.
    Parts from CinC was good and price cheap.
    Now with HBG, you have more choice…

AL

• I see. Thank you.

• Customizer

@Narvik:

and I miss selfpropelled artillery for all nations

I’m guessing this, but would bet I’m right… but the Kaytusha is the representative piece for the Soviet SPA. That’s what I use it for and the SU-76 for the TD.

• @toblerone77:

I’m guessing this, but would bet I’m right… but the Kaytusha is the representative piece for the Soviet SPA. That’s what I use it for and the SU-76 for the TD.

I certainly see the Katyusha as an iconic piece of Soviet WWII military hardware.  It was self-propelled (mounted on trucks, I believe) and it was used in an artillery role, so it fits the general definition of SPA even though it was a rocket weapon rather than conventional tube artillery.  To me, its unusual nature is part of what makes it such a distinctive, nationally-identifiable weapon.  And the nickname “Stalin Organ”, inspired by its intimidating whoooshing sound when it was fired, has a great ring to it.

A footnote about the Katyusha: it was an example of the pragmatic approach that the Russians took to waging the Second World War and getting the most possible use out of their limited industrial capacity.  When heavy artillery shells are manufactured, a few of them will sometimes turn out to have defective shapes.  This causes serious accuracy problems when such shells are fired from guns, so the normal practice is for defective shells to be rejected at the factory and discarded.  The Russian practice was to redesignate these shells for use as Katyusha rocket warheads, so as not to let them go to waste.  The Katyusha wasn’t a very accurate weapon – it was suited to mass area bombardment rather than precise artillery fire – so the addition of a mis-shaped warhead didn’t really matter very much.

• Katyusha is not a self propelled gun…

• Customizer

@crusaderiv:

Katyusha is not a self propelled gun…

I agree it’s not a gun LOL. SPA is what HBG designates it as though. You could perhaps paint the Allied SPA guns in Soviet colors until if/when HBG produces a more traditional gun-based unit to represent SPA.

• I agree it’s not a gun LOL. SPA is what HBG designates it as though. You could perhaps paint the Allied SPA guns in Soviet colors until if/when HBG produces a more traditional gun-based unit to represent SPA.

I already have SPG in my game…The elephant and SU 100…

AL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m