• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Buran:

Sorry I though I put it in the post, I got the barrels and all the oil pieces from a game called “Crude”.  It has two type’s barrels, and oil wells, and many more units if you want to make changes.  I ended up buying two copies of the game, one to play, and one for parts.

Buran

Thanks for the info. I found one on amazon and ebay for cheap. That is an old game. It came out in 1974, and I was only 4 years old, LOL.

I may play the game. It looks interesting. I looked up the game on boardgamegeek.

There is a lot of useful info on that website.

Thanks again! :-)

John

• Sponsor

Here are some photos of our game using Buran’s oil rules at the FMG CON.

Oil in the South Pacific…

barrels.jpg
    barrels2.jpg

• Sponsor

Oil in Europe…

barrels3.jpg

Those are clearer photos than the ones I saw. thanks for sharing those.

@Tall:

Guys,

––I have plenty of Oil Wells as I bought an old game “Wildcatter” (if I remember correctly) just for these sculps, not to mention they’re going to be included in HBG’s “Facilities” set.
    ----However, I don’t have any BARRELS. Is there a source for these? I’d like to buy some in order to allow more envolved games that include resources and I much prefer 3-dimensional units over markers. Thanks to anyone who might be able to inform me of a good source of Barrels.

Tall PaulÂ

Paul, the average price for the game is $50.00 to 60.00. One of them cost me $47.00 on amazon, the other was $58.00 on ebay. I hope that helps. :-)

• Yes just got on Amazon for 47.00 that included shipping. Have also the Wildcatter game too. All set now. If you want barrels you can buy them at a trains store. They have the barrels too but haven’t bought any in years so I can’t help ya there if you didn’t want to buy game.

@SS:

Yes just got on Amazon for 47.00 that included shipping. Have also the Wildcatter game too. All set now. If you want barrels you can buy them at a trains store. They have the barrels too but haven’t bought any in years so I can’t help ya there if you didn’t want to buy game.

Cool, so your set also! :-D

• Sponsor

What I like about Buran’s barrels is that some are red representing 5, they are also a great size for the Global board. Just curious, are you guys play testing Buran’s rules when you use your oil barrels, or do you have different house rules to play with?

@Young:

What I like about Buran’s barrels is that some are red representing 5, they are also a great size for the Global board. Just curious, are you guys play testing Buran’s rules when you use your oil barrels, or do you have different house rules to play with?

Well, I’m learning Global 1940, so that I can get into Global 1939 then onto Global 1936. I have also have checked your rules and they look pretty awesome, but I’m having to take one step at a time. I will be using the oil rules when I get enough 1940 games under my belt, but the plan is to graduate to 1939 rules, using these oil rules as well as supplies, but I have to take baby steps first, LOL. :-D

• Got a rule where if territory is captured with an oil well in it , the losing side pays a double fee of the value of territory.
    Say captured territory is worth 3 icp’s, the losing side pays 6 icp’s to the conquering side.
    Also if you don’t own at least 1 oil well for your country you have to pay a certain amount of icp’s to move any of your pieces.
    Have rule in a G39 game but have not used in G40 yet.

• I like that but prefer:

Capture an oil center roll one die = IPC.  Possibly roll one d6 for each IPC

establish candidates for oil centers with each faction having equal number of starting centers.

Alternatively, capture may cause surrender of IPC to opposing country, done as a one time roll.

• Customizer

@Imperious:

I like that but prefer:

Capture an oil center roll one die = IPC.  Possibly roll one d6 for each IPC

establish candidates for oil centers with each faction having equal number of starting centers.

Alternatively, capture may cause surrender of IPC to opposing country, done as a one time roll.
    ––IMHO instead of IPC cash,…the conquerer would receive Oil token(s) that still must be transported if necesary and then cashed in instead of production from a Factory. This to me sounds more realistic,… even in “gaming” terms.

Tall Paul

• Tall Paul,

So you can transport oil tokens with planes, mechs, and transports back to anyone of your factorys ?

What is the value of the oil token in icp’s ?

• Customizer

SS and others,

@SS:

Tall Paul,
    So you can transport oil tokens with planes, mechs, and transports back to anyone of your factorys ?
    What is the value of the oil token in ipc’s ?
    **––These rules have been developed by Buran. If you go to the 1st message in this thread under OIL you will find a full description.
    Oil token = 3 IPC and each barrel can be cashed in IN PLACE OF one production point of a Factory.

Tall Paul**

• @SS:

Tall Paul,

What is the value of the oil token in icp’s ?

In these rules the oil barrels have there own transport.  Movement of 1 in the non-combat phase.  And can be moved on transports as well for movement from islands.  I’m looking at an air transport rule too.  But that is still in the thinking stage.

Buran

• SS…you always have great rules… :-D

• :-D :-D :-D  Its been awhile Crus

• Buran,

I like this! It seems especially well thought out.
    Did you ever consider 1 oil being worth 2 IPCs? 3 IPCs each seems a little high to me (but that could be your perfectly legitimate intention).
    To still make transports as effective, an infantry slot could hold 3 Oil as opposed to 2. Then the transport still holds up to 6 IPCs per slot, allowing you to make the value of oil lower, but not raising the opportunity cost.

Again, I really like what you’ve made (particularly the incorporation into the NOs!). Without any playtesting, I see nothing that needs a change. Just sharing my thoughts.

• @EnoughSaid:

Buran,

I like this! It seems especially well thought out.
    Did you ever consider 1 oil being worth 2 IPCs? 3 IPCs each seems a little high to me (but that could be your perfectly legitimate intention).
    To still make transports as effective, an infantry slot could hold 3 Oil as opposed to 2. Then the transport still holds up to 6 IPCs per slot, allowing you to make the value of oil lower, but not raising the opportunity cost.

Again, I really like what you’ve made (particularly the incorporation into the NOs!). Without any playtesting, I see nothing that needs a change. Just sharing my thoughts.

EnoughSiad:

At first I had the oil set at 4 IPC’s, and then we played the first turn and realized it was way to high.  We changed it to 2 IPC’s  during the game, but kinda thought that that wasn’t enough so I increased it up to 3 IPC’s. 
    The intent of transports was not to over power them in transporting oil.  Transports have 2 slots on them.  One is for any land unit, and the other can only be an infantry unit.  So a transport can with these slots transport 4 barrels.  This may seem like a lot, but this will help move oil that would otherwise be stuck on an island.

Buran

• @ Buran

Thanks for the response! 3 IPCs is probably fine. I know the intent is to get more money flowing in the game (with a strategical layer) anyway.
    On the transports, it’s possible we’re misunderstanding eachother. A max of 12 IPCs each doesn’t strike me as too much. They cost 7 to build, and possibly more importantly, they take TIME to transport the oil. If I know anything from my games, it’s that time is the game’s most expensive resource!
    (I also don’t think the capacity is too little, for clarity. It seems like a good sweet spot to me.)

Again, I find your idea very exciting. I will have to try it sometime.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m