7.0 turn 1 pics and report

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Germany and minors getting into position.

DSC_0503.JPG
    DSC_0502.JPG

• Customizer

Koba,

––This is interesting stuff! I find myself reading your posts as if they were newreels during the war.

----As far as the game goes, it seems like a very dyanamic game in every theater. If the Axis can hold off the American Sea Power, and the Canadian Air campaign, Japan sounds like it will be flooding Asia with units soon. The whole global dyanamic could be completely changed with any major victory or loss anywhere. INTERESTING GAME! (I’m buying stock in Mitsubishi Industries, haha). Good Luck, Sir.

Tall Paul

p.s.----Oh, by the way, our ‘gang’ is still playing a bunch of 1940-Global games. Next Friday should be the next one. A couple of guys are building up their experience levels before they ‘take the dip’ into
    Global Warfare-1939. Our last game we used a lot of my painted units for the first time. Lots of Infantry and some aircraft. The other guys were somewhat surprised that the painted bases on the Infantry virtually eliminated the need to use Control Markers (like I had planned). We should have the Italian desert air force and a bunch of Japanese aircraft, too for the next game, not to mention the Naval bases, Minor Factories and other “stuff”.

Man,….What a FUN hobby!

China pushes back. Victorious UK fleet off of Madras.

DSC_0505.JPG
    DSC_0506.JPG

Japan in DEI. US Navy off of Philippines.

DSC_0507.JPG
    DSC_0508.JPG

Last report of the night. Between playing, taking and editing pics, and posting I’m done for now.

As of the end of the turn Russia is at 48 production and technically at war with the Axis. Germany has yet to make her move on the Soviets. SS units are massing in the Baltic States and Warsaw. There is still no UK Fleet anywhere near the European coast except a loan destroyer off of Gibraltar. The Allies have yet to activate Brasil. I can’t figure out why, but I ain’t askin’  :wink:. The Germans and Bulgarians are also massing on the border with Istanbul. A naval base is operating in Romania and Axis transports now roam the Black Sea. Africa Corps units have also appeared in Romania… I wonder where they are headed? :evil: The German navy is lying off of the Normandy coast. German U-boats are aggressively raiding the north Atlantic convoy zones along with a cruiser.

Japan continues to trade territories with China, Red China and the FEC. The Japanese also continue to expand into the DEI while mopping up the Commonwealth fleets. The UK fleet off of Madras has been eliminated. No casualties were taken by the Japanese in a stunning turn of events. On land, the Japanese have deployed mechanized artillery to take on the Chinese and Commonwealth forces.

FEC continually builds infantry/armour combinations and pushes them east. ANZAC is foundering. Her Navy has been sunk except 1 cruiser off of Sydney. They have reinforced the Dutch New Guinea in anticipation of a SNLF landing. FEC forces have occupied Afghanistan and taken possession of the Palladium resource.

The UK has moved its bombers to eastern Russia. Looks like they are setting Japan up for strategic bombing raids. London and the rest of the home island are being fortified as Germany possesses three transports in the Baltic and control the Straits of Denmark.

Fighting rages in North Africa. Italy holds Cairo but has had to repel desperate Commonwealth counter attack consisting of mechanized infantry out of South Africa. Italian Somalia fell and was re-taken via a amphibious assault made up of infantry backed by armour with air support out of Cairo. The Italians have build a minor IC in Tobruk which is producing mech/aty combos. Italian submarines are raiding FEC convoys in the Indian Ocean.

The U.S. maintains a strong naval presence off of the Philippines. More a destroyer-heavy force has appeared off of San Francisco. No landing ships yet in the Pacific. Those have been allotted to the Atlantic theatre.

Russia has allocated strong infantry forces to the east. Kliment Voroshilov tanks have appeared in Novosibirsk. In the west, a minefield has been laid in Karelia and infantry continues to be pumped out from all ICs. Armour has appeared in Stalingrad.

Turn five has been played…bloody to say the least, but more on that later. Allied in-fighting has ensued…Buwahahahahaha :evil:

DSC_0522.JPG
    DSC_0523.JPG

FEC, China duke it out with Japan.

DSC_0513.JPG
    DSC_0514.JPG

Sydney and Tokyo. I 400 appears.

DSC_0510.JPG
    DSC_0511.JPG

U.S. Navy sits off Philippines Japan clears the Indian Ocean.

DSC_0512.JPG
    DSC_0515.JPG

Italy pushes south and raids British convoys.

DSC_0517.JPG
    DSC_0516.JPG

South Africa. Washington.

DSC_0518.JPG
    DSC_0519.JPG

Moscow. Novosibirsk KVs.

DSC_0521.JPG
    DSC_0524.JPG

British Bombers and Soviets in Russian east.

DSC_0525.JPG
    DSC_0527.JPG

We use HBG dice boxes to marshal our purchases.

DSC_0535.JPG
    DSC_0538.JPG

• @ Koba - are you playing with the 7.1 where Russia gets the 48 IPC every turn at the end of their turn until they are in the war?  I can’t tell by the pictures. We have found Russia much too strong. This is partially due to UK being a bit stronger and Germany/Italy being a little weaker. I just curious if the Allies are too strong now.

Bill, we gave Russia 15 IPC to start and she rolled for income and declaration of war as before. Past that, for the most part, we stuck to the 7.1 rules. We knew 48 IPC per turn from word go would be a killer. The new units are a good idea and are definitely a game changer. 6 IPC German tanks make sense too (I hate to admit it). The game is certainly more balanced now.

We reverted to the old fortification rules after turn 2 as well.

• '14

What is the issue with the fortification rule?  Maybe it should be all land units attack at a -2 and no affect on air units.  Or -2 on naval units.  The reason it was changed is the idea that fortifications make it harder for the attacking units.

Yes, -2 on naval units would be good as well as air units.

One thing we noticed was that infantry would have no value other than fodder when attacking forts (-2 to infantry means that possibly 10 attacking infantry have no attack value unless supported by artillery). This didn’t make a lot of sense as infantry would more than likely be the best instrument to use against fortifications. Boosting the defending infantry as before made sense as they would be “dug in” with the assumption being there would be machine gun nests, mortar pits etc. supporting the defence.

This being said, maybe it is time to introduce an engineer unit, especially given that I understand there may be rivers and /or other obstacles in '36. Siege guns might be cool too (I’m thinking about the Karl/Thor mortar batteries here).

Past that, most of the changes made were positive. I spoke with SS beforehand and he (and) I believed the whole Russia with 48 from word go would be a killer. Judging by some of the other feedback I’ve read, I think this is so. As it is, with the changes made, the Axis take higher casualties than before. It could have been worse as my partner and I had lucky rolls for the first couple of turns.

I also think the changes gave opponents a false sense of security. It seemed they figured they could fart around more in the beginning. Now they’re in a bit of a panic and struggling to gain the initiative or at least stop the bleeding and stabilize the situation. Thing is, the allies can afford to falter in the early game and still come back. They have the depth in terms of base areas and resources. The gravity of the situation has set in and they are rallying for the long game of defence/delay. Grabbing those 12 cities (especially those in Russia) will not be easy for the Axis.

• Thanks Koba for info.
    We will be playing game next Sunday with Russia starting with 15 and starting at 0 with 2 die roll for income.
    Sneak attack be played before the start of turn 7 for Japan.
    Germany gets 2nd impluse for Naval.
    For Forts maybe give infrantry a -1 on attack and all other pieces ( plus planes ) -2 ?
    Makes you have to bring more artillery with infrantry to boost attack ?

This might change after Koba’s game.

I have some more pics to edit and post. It’ll take me a bit.

Things aren’t looking too good for the allies but the Axis have not taken 12 VCs and it’s going on turn 10.

• '14

If 3 infantry and a fortification are defending against 5 infantry and 2 armor.

3 of the attacking infantry fire at a 1 and the other 2 fire at normal along with armor.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m