• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/27/civil-war-officer-to-receive-medal-honor-151-years-after-death-at-gettysburg/

Thought this might interest some of you American Civil War guys out there.

• It is, thank you.
    Will look into where his Battery was positioned later. See by which Infantry units he was, in the II Corps and which Confederate Brigade engaged his battery.

@wittmann:

It is, thank you.
    Will look into where his Battery was positioned later. See by which Infantry units he was, in the II Corps and which Confederate Brigade engaged his battery.

You know a heck of a lot about the American Civil War for being a Brit, Wittmann. It was you and Worsham I had in mind with this post.

• Thank you. I appreciated it. Worsham will be happy too.
    I got interested at University and I know more about it than I do WW2 now.
    I would probably know much more, if I had never joined this forum, actually. I read so much less now, because I live, wake  and sleep this forum.

It would appear the young Lt Cushing was with Webb’s (good) mixed PA and NY Brigade and faced Armistead’s Va Brigade from Pickett’s Division. Not a quiet place to be that day!

@wittmann:

Thank you. I appreciated it. Worsham will be happy too.
    I got interested at University and I know more about it than I do WW2 now.
    I would probably know much more, if I had never joined this forum, actually. I read so much less now, because I live, wake  and sleep this forum.

It would appear the young Lt Cushing was with Webb’s (good) mixed PA and NY Brigade and faced Armistead’s Va Brigade from Pickett’s Division. Not a quiet place to be that day!

Ever been there? Gettysburg, that is.

I have stood in the Angle and it is humbling but difficult to imagine the magnitude of the battle those couple days.

• I want to. Am too chicken to cross the Atlantic. I also cannot afford it now. (Easy excuse to make.) Have a family now too.
    I would need so much time. I would not get bored. Would have to go West too. Would be a massive venture.

@wittmann:

I want to. Am too chicken to cross the Atlantic. I also cannot afford it now. (Easy excuse to make.) Have a family now too.
    I would need so much time. I would not get bored. Would have to go West too. Would be a massive venture.

Yes… I know what you mean. Having dependents of any sort (dogs included) makes getting away for any length of time very difficult.

The US is a great place, once you get here, and there is no shortage of places to go and things to experience. It is kind of daunting to even think about. Hope you make it over someday.

• @LHoffman:

@wittmann:

It is, thank you.

You know a heck of a lot about the American Civil War for being a Brit, Wittmann. It was you and Worsham I had in mind with this post.

Thank you for the great article.

My pleasure.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m