John Brown's Painted G1940 Set - by Spitfire38

• '16 Customizer

I was just informed that this topic hasn’t been posted in for at least 120 days. What a shame! However, I bring you new work to spark discussion.

I’ve added the photos of the UK Europe pieces I completed for John on the earlier pages. Page 1 I believe. Glamour shots below!

My personal favorites are the green ground forces and the mottled camo on the infantrymen. Let me know what you guys think, or if you have any questions about the process or end result! John can answer questions about why he chose certain schemes or what he was thinking about these pieces.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Great work as always Spitfire. Ships are the best, I love em.

• '16 Customizer

@LHoffman:

Thanks man - I think I’ve figured out the wooden decks + ink wash combo now. It seems to be the easiest combination of effort, historical accuracy, and aesthetic appeal.

Appreciate the input!

@Spitfire38:

@LHoffman:

Thanks man - I think I’ve figured out the wooden decks + ink wash combo now. It seems to be the easiest combination of effort, historical accuracy, and aesthetic appeal.

Appreciate the input!

Really awesome job on these Spitfire. Job, well done. :-D

• '14 Customizer

Wow, excellent work Spitfire.

Love the camo you chose for the tanks and mech.  Great job my friend :)

• John-where did he get the Union Jack Decals?

R DiStefano, go to Ebay UK, and the seller is 1/144 Direct and his Ebay name is mehusla. I don’t know how to give you a link to it, but that is where, I got it. Cyanight, may have the link, because I think he was the one that told me about him, but I can’t remember.

I hope that helps, at least.

Good to hear from you. :-D

P.S. Spitfire, actually purchased them for me, but I have bought some personally from this guy, as well.

He is a awesome dealer, and extremely nice guy. He lives in England some where.

• '16 Customizer

@R:

John-where did he get the Union Jack Decals?

Hi RD -

Many of the Union Jacks are from Fighting Pirannha Graphics - they come in many different sizes, which works well for the different pieces I paint. They have good customer service. Just make sure you order well in advance because they ask for 4-6 weeks to fulfill orders. Other than that, no complaints!

See Flags. http://www.fightingpirannhagraphics.com/misc.htm

• '16 Customizer

@cyanight:

Wow, excellent work Spitfire.

Love the camo you chose for the tanks and mech.  Great job my friend :)

Thanks John, Cyanight. I appreciate it! I like the camo as well. Variations on a single shade sometimes make for the most appealing pieces.

Pretty soon, hopefully this weekend, on my metal map thread, I will be posting pictures of Spitfires UK Europe and UK Pacific forces that he has painted for me.

I will also be taking pictures of my German Naval Fleet, as well as the Luftwaffe for the first time on my metal map.

The reason I’m adding my German pieces, i painted, is that the UK Europe is the only country done, on that side of the map, so it would look weird.

I will be taking pictures of where the starting setups would be if you were playing Global 1940.

So on the Pacific side, everything is done, except the US. There will be a couple of American planes, I just painted, and some American Flying Tigers, Spitfire painted, that are on the map.

Early 2017,

In the mean time, until I get those pictures put on my thread, those of you that haven’t been on the forums long, this thread is dedicated to the work, Spitfire is doing for me.

Enjoy! :-)

John

• '17 '16 Customizer

Been wondering what the hell I was going to do with Anzac, thanks for the ideas, and thanks for all these pics, they look great! I love seeing others’ work!

@siredblood:

Been wondering what the hell I was going to do with Anzac, thanks for the ideas, and thanks for all these pics, they look great! I love seeing others’ work!

Yes, Spitfire does amazing work. Glad that the pictures can help you. :-)

• '16 Customizer

@John:

Pretty soon, hopefully this weekend, on my metal map thread, I will be posting pictures of Spitfires UK Europe and UK Pacific forces that he has painted for me.

I will also be taking pictures of my German Naval Fleet, as well as the Luftwaffe for the first time on my metal map.

The reason I’m adding my German pieces, i painted, is that the UK Europe is the only country done, on that side of the map, so it would look weird.

I will be taking pictures of where the starting setups would be if you were playing Global 1940.

So on the Pacific side, everything is done, except the US. There will be a couple of American planes, I just painted, and some American Flying Tigers, Spitfire painted, that are on the map.

Early 2017,

In the mean time, until I get those pictures put on my thread, those of you that haven’t been on the forums long, this thread is dedicated to the work, Spitfire is doing for me.

John

Looking forward to those setup photos! Your German pieces will look good on the board, I’m sure.

@Spitfire38:

@John:

Early 2017,

John

Looking forward to those setup photos! Your German pieces will look good on the board, I’m sure.

I actually took posted the pictures, yesterday, on my metal map thread. Check them out. :-)

It has been a long time since Spitfire has had anything to show, but he just finished, my US PACIFIC FORCES.

I thought he did an amazing job on these.

He asked me to take pictures, of the pieces, he painted for me.

I hope you enjoy these. :-D

John

US PACIFIC AIR FORCE

IMG_1245.JPG

US PACIFIC NAVY

IMG_1244 (2).JPG

US PACIFIC GROUND FORCES

IMG_1243 (9).JPG

US PACIFIC INFANTRY

IMG_1242 (3).JPG

• '17 '16

Alright… you talked me into it… SOLD… I’ll give you $5 for all of them…  :-D

@Wolfshanze:

Alright… you talked me into it… SOLD… I’ll give you $5 for all of them…  :-D

LOL, I wish they were that much, but it is well worth, the wait.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m