• :-o that badge can be rewarded?!

I didn’t know that! Grats of course Cyanight!

• '14 Customizer

YG, thank you very much for the badge.  It was very unexpected.

Here is a pic of my magnetic chips.

Units
    Grey(1), Green(3), Red(5), Blue(10).

Factory Damage
    Black(1) and Orange(5)

Fuel Markers
    Purple (numbered 1-7)  These are my new chips to mark the spaces left that a plane can fly after combat.  With so many planes in global 1940 we found it useful.

This second pic shows my IPC board which is a small replica of the main board. Here the board can be tilted perpendicular and still hold a stack of 30 chips.

Now the facilities and neutral pieces are next… :)

• Sponsor

Cyanight,

Be sure to create new threads and show your work in the customizations forum, there are members there that will appreciate your efforts.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=75.0

• @cyanight:

This second pic shows my IPC board which is a small replica of the main board. Here the board can be tilted perpendicular and still hold a stack of 30 chips.Â

Impressive holding power. Are you using any special type of magnets?

• YG, thank you very much for the badge.  It was very unexpected.

I’m in charge of the badges and i gave it out to you.

• '14 Customizer

Thank you Imperious Leader! I promise to never use Paint Shop Pro 7 ever again, :)

• '14 Customizer

New thread

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=33966.0

CWO Marc, I use 3x1mm Neodymium Disc Rare Earth magnets for all the pieces except fighters which have 2X1mm magnets and carriers have one on each end with matched polarity per faction. Those magnets fit perfectly inside a standard axis chip.  I use super glue prior to inserting the magnet and then cover it with a sticker.  I have 6mm than I might use for markers or flags but I think they may be too strong.  You want the magnets to have space between pieces sitting next to each other because they may pull all the pieces together.

• '14 Customizer

I finished the facilities, blast markers, rockets and turn marker.  Almost finished with the neutrals and their roundels.

Major and Minor IC.

Air Bases, Naval Bases, Blast markers for Battleships and Carriers, Rocket launchers for tech. (I tilted one on its side to see the color sticker) I also posted an example of a naval base on an orange chip noting damage to the facility.  For the most part these will not be used since the map has them printed on it. These are for newly purchased or damaged facilities.

and now for my turn marker. I had originally posted a 12 sided dice with different countries on each side.  I had problems making it magnetic without destroying it.  So I came up with the Fatman which was the first plutonium bomb.  I thought the Fatman would be appropriate since it was the weapon that ended the war.  I thought about unveiling it on August 9 but decided to post it early.  August 9th was the day it was dropped. 

• '14 Customizer

I wish I would have done this before I printed my map.  I edited the roundels for Italy and replaced them with the fascist Italy roundel instead of Iran’s roundel.  Why was the Iran roundel chosen to be Italy’s roundel?

Changed to

Here is the link to the latest map

http://www.mediafire.com/view/wmbpcq89b7768i9/A%26A%201940%20Global%20Game%20Board_1g.jpg

• You, sir, are an inspiration.

Given time, I think I’ll “sincerely flatter” your works.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m