Japan's super economy -the end of the world?

• TripleA

Point is you need USA to be heavily invested into the pacific in order to have these options.

Hence Pacific every game coming out from experienced allies players.

• TripleA

Another common thing is for the allies to frontload everything for a round. So Japan has to choose between one or two attacks.

Again this is all Pacific. Europe is much more linear and the allies suck in Europe. The only reason Pacific goes well is because you have Siberia and a richer USA compared to playing Pacific 1940 by itself.

Europe on the other hand is typically where allies lose the game lately.
    ~

Games typically are a race. You race the pacific and getting Japan out of the game against a Europe VC win.

• I agree with Gamerman’s previous comments. What more is there to say.

For example TUV and economic difference are important but not the holy grail. Obviously, because you can make 40IPCs/turn more than the axis and have 100 units more with the allies but this means nothing if you kill both Germany and Italy with it while Japan grabs its 6th VC (Hawaii/Sydney).

I suspect Cow is playing psychological warfare with us, to make potential opponents so afraid to play his axis that they already lost the game before it has even started :wink:.
    As is said in the novels of the wonderful sci-fi saga ‘Dune’, by Frank Herbert: ‘fear is the mindkiller (…).’

• TripleA

If you are too afraid to play me just admit it. It is okay. I am still willing to give you 42 ipc worth of bid units. The full package baby.

All you can eat.

• TripleA

I want you to beat me. I want to be humbled. I want to be silenced. You can forever quote me and post a link to the game you beat me in.

If I win. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdFJ13MTZX8

You cannot beat me.

• TripleA

Tell you what if 5 inf central, 1 armor egypt, 1 sub sz 98, 1 inf new guinea, 1 bomber archangel is not to your liking…

Then you can have allies at 18 ipc 1 unit per territory.

• TripleA

I put my game where my mouth is. I made the playbook, so everyone can see everything I do before I do it, 2 years later STILL CANNOT BE STOPPED. I am like a rock and I cannot be moved.

My league games, I play for speed to crank out the wins, it is not optimized, it is all in. You want me to bust out my A game? The unstoppable Cow? I do not even lose when I do all in “for fun” strategies.

When is the last time I lost with the axis? A year ago? PLEASE DEFEAT ME. I CHALLENGE YOU. I want to lose. The possibility of my defeat makes me want to play. Give my axis a challenge. Do it please. Do it.

~

Remember the name, Cow, the dice god.

Playing on the forum with triple a is your best shot at winning, because live over the triple a lobby, you will lose. Low luck you will lose. Every time I get the axis in my hands it is ridiculous.

• Yeah I hear you Cow, it’s OK.

You need a strong, seasoned allied player that has the time to play a couple of games with you. And the will to face your psycho-warfare ;-). Why don’t you challenge Boldfresh or ErwinRommel again? I see they already have experience in defeating you so that would be a good opportunity to loose again or get even  8-).

Apart from being strong or not (I leave that to others to judge), I am no longer taking every challenge like I would have a year ago. 1-2 years ago I would definately have challenged you with devilish pleasure. But I told you the whole story already and am not going to repeat all that  :-).

• TripleA

I beat boldfresh 3/4 times.

I have not seen rommel around. I thought I was the allies for these losses…

• TripleA

I do not remember games I played 2 years ago.

• @Cow:

I do not remember games I played 2 years ago.

That’s where Gamerman01’s spreadsheet with the league standings comes in handy!
    As far as I can see from that sheet, you defeated boldfresh as allies 1nce but lost as axis 1nce too. Quite surprising, given your statements in this thread :evil:.

To avoid any misunderstandings: the reason why I bring up Boldfresh/Erwin Rommel is because they are the ones that have already defeated you playing Axis (although ~1 year ago) and you said you are craving for a loss playing axis.

Maybe you should look out for another player with a preference to play allies as Gamerman01 is currently unavailable. If you make the allied side of such a challenge attractive enough (that you are still comfortable enough with), who knows who will sign in.

And if I am not mistaken, Cyanight said he wanted to play allies against you. There’s ofc no telling of his ability to defeat you since he hasn’t played any league games yet but that’s yours to try ;-).

• TripleA

Undefeated for over a year. If you want to play a serious game, I will give 17 bid out to anyone. Over 50 games at least triple a lobby as axis. Forum players are the same people. About to rake in some wins just rushing for vcs.

• Maybe you need to play against yourself.  Then one of you has to lose, and you get a challenge, o great one

• TripleA

The allies will lose. That is the point.

Oh and this thread is about USA going atlantic then trying to stop an 80-90 ipc Japan… at least that is what I thought.

• @Cow:

(…)Oh and this thread is about USA going atlantic then trying to stop an 80-90 ipc Japan… at least that is what I thought.

That is correct, but I don’t want to be too strict about going off-topic if I have the feeling everything about the topic has been said already.
    So say what you want to say about anything A&AG40.2 ;-).

• '14 Customizer

@Cow:

Tell you what if 5 inf central, 1 armor egypt, 1 sub sz 98, 1 inf new guinea, 1 bomber archangel is not to your liking…

Then you can have allies at 18 ipc 1 unit per territory.

If you insists I will take it.  I’m game lets play :)

• TripleA

Challenge accepted.

• Would you guys play on the forum? I’d love to follow that game!

Happy gaming anyways guys!

• '14 Customizer

It might work easier if we play by forum.  Here is the link I started with my bids.  Load the game up.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=33915.0

• This is gonna be good. Cow talks a big game but I’ve never seen him in action. Hope the dice gods make it a fair game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m