• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Yeah, your top five, would be my bottom numbers, except for the Africa one. I rather have the other sets first, instead of the more modern super powerful pieces.

I’m not saying, I don’t won’t them, but I like more of the different countries like the Romanian and Hungarian set, the South American, African and Finnish set, as well as the Fall of Berlin, Battle of Britain, D Day and so forth, but that is life, you win some, you lose some.

I understand Coach has to go with the popular ones, I just like ones that are more in line with the war.

One of the ones, I was really excited about was the Spanish Civil War one, because it could be incorporated on the 1936 map. I was excited also for the Chinese and Burma set, but like you said, majority rules. :-)

• @knp7765:

Actually, I may be wrong, but I think England and Great Britain refer to the actual territory of the British Isles while United Kingdom refers to all of the British Empire at the time (Canada, South Africa, India, etc.)

If I’m not mistaken, UK is a somewhat imprecise shorthand for the political jurisdiction which is officially called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, consisting of England, Wales, Scotland (at least for the time being) and Northern Ireland.  The term doesn’t include the Commonwealth nations as a whole, and by WWII it definitely excluded the six Dominions.  The “British Isles” refers to the two large (and multiple small islands) that make up, well, the British Isles, but those land masses include Eire, which isn’t part of the UKoGBaNI (a nonexistent acronym that illustrates why people tend to just use “UK” for purposes of convenience).  But anyway, Wittmann can give a more authoritative answer.

• Customizer

John Brown,
    I see. You want sculpts for more nations of the world so you can include EVERYONE in World War 2. I, on the other hand, am wanting all the advanced weaponry so just the major powers can have a FUTURE WAR.
    By the way, the China/Burma Expansion is still on the list so you’re still in the running for that one. It may be a while but eventually. HBG’s got a lot of irons in the fire now.

CWO Marc,
    Thanks for the explanation. When I read your post, now I seem to remember hearing your description of United Kingdom somewhere. I just forgot it. Of course, I should have known it didn’t include other countries like Canada, South Africa, etc. That’s why they came up with the name Commonwealth. Forgot that too for a moment.

@knp7765:

John Brown,
    I see. You want sculpts for more nations of the world so you can include EVERYONE in World War 2. I, on the other hand, am wanting all the advanced weaponry so just the major powers can have a FUTURE WAR.
    By the way, the China/Burma Expansion is still on the list so you’re still in the running for that one. It may be a while but eventually. HBG’s got a lot of irons in the fire now.

CWO Marc,
    Thanks for the explanation. When I read your post, now I seem to remember hearing your description of United Kingdom somewhere. I just forgot it. Of course, I should have known it didn’t include other countries like Canada, South Africa, etc. That’s why they came up with the name Commonwealth. Forgot that too for a moment.

There are a lot of irons in the fire. I just have to wait while longer on those other sets. At least the board games will come out next year that I want, Midway’s kick starter will be great and the other one comes out next year, I believe.

I forgot China was still in the running. Thanks for the heads up.

• A positive way to look at all this is to compare our situation today with where this hobby was (sculpt-wise) ten years ago, when Revised and D-Day were the newest products on the block.  Just imagine one of us travelling back in time to 2004 and saying this to our earlier self:

Ten years from now, in 2014, the US, the UK, the USSR, Germany, Japan, Italy, ANZAC, France and China will all have distinct OOB infantry sculpts.  The first eight of those countries will all have 12 different types of OOB equipment sculpts at their disposal.  The first seven of those countries will all have nationally-distinct OOB sculpts for most or all of their equipment units – some of which will even be available in different sculpt models, depending on which version of A&A you buy.  Moreover, in 2014, an independent company will be selling many sets of high-quality supplementary WWII sculpts in compatible sizes and in a wide range of colours, and it will be planning to produce many more such sets – so many, in fact, that the company will have to prioritize them because it won’t be able to manufacture them all at once.  Which of the following statements most accurately describes your feelings?

A) If I lived in that future world of 2014, I’d be disappointed at having to wait an undetermined number of months to get my hands on all the projected supplementary sets that aren’t yet manufactured.

B) Since I live in the present world of 2004, I am very, very depressed at the thought of having to wait ten years to get my hands on all those goodies and I will therefore take up stamp collecting as my new hobby.

C) Take me back to the future with you immediately!

D) I’m obviously imagining all this, so somebody must have spiked my glass of beer with something illegal during last evening’s game of Revised.

@CWO:

A positive way to look at all this is to compare our situation today with where this hobby was (sculpt-wise) ten years ago, when Revised and D-Day were the newest products on the block.  Just imagine one of us travelling back in time to 2004 and saying this to our earlier self:

Ten years from now, in 2014, the US, the UK, the USSR, Germany, Japan, Italy, ANZAC, France and China will all have distinct OOB infantry sculpts.  The first eight of those countries will all have 12 different types of OOB equipment sculpts at their disposal.  The first seven of those countries will all have nationally-distinct OOB sculpts for most or all of their equipment units – some of which will even be available in different sculpt models, depending on which version of A&A you buy.  Moreover, in 2014, an independent company will be selling many sets of high-quality supplementary WWII sculpts in compatible sizes and in a wide range of colours, and it will be planning to produce many more such sets – so many, in fact, that the company will have to prioritize them because it won’t be able to manufacture them all at once.  Which of the following statements most accurately describes your feelings?

A) If I lived in that future world of 2014, I’d be disappointed at having to wait an undetermined number of months to get my hands on all the projected supplementary sets that aren’t yet manufactured.

B) Since I live in the present world of 2004, I am very, very depressed at the thought of having to wait ten years to get my hands on all those goodies and I will therefore take up stamp collecting as my new hobby.

C) Take me back to the future with you immediately!

D) I’m obviously imagining all this, so somebody must have spiked my glass of beer with something illegal during last evening’s game of Revised.

That is classic Marc! Your a great story teller, and I do get everyone’s point. It will come, when it comes, but it is just human nature, to get disappointed, sometimes. First it is dangling from your eyes, then it is gone, but it doesn’t mean they won’t be done.

There, just not going to be done, any time soon, LOL.

Thanks for the pep talk. It was great. :-)

• Customizer

I think the biggest thing we need from HBG right now is to fill in all the holes i.e. we need at least one unit to represent all the major types of units for all nations and all neutrals. It will take time and I understand the need for patience, but that is what I’m looking forward to.

@toblerone77:

I think the biggest thing we need from HBG right now is to fill in all the holes i.e. we need at least one unit to represent all the major types of units for all nations and all neutrals. It will take time and I understand the need for patience, but that is what I’m looking forward to.

I agree, this is a must, for sure.

• @John:

Thanks for the pep talk.

Glad you enjoyed it.  Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes) once received a letter that he had mailed to himself a couple of days earlier. It said: “Dear Future Self.  You’ve seen things I haven’t seen.  You’ve done things I haven’t done.  You lucky dog.”  Calvin sniffled and said, “I miss my past self.”  Hobbes rolled his eyes and commented, “Poor him.  He wasn’t you.”

• @John:

@toblerone77:

I agree, this is a must, for sure.

I second the motion.

@CWO:

@John:

Thanks for the pep talk.

Glad you enjoyed it.  Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes) once received a letter that he had mailed to himself a couple of days earlier. It said: "Dear Future Self.  You’ve seen things I haven’t seen.  You’ve done things I haven’t done.  You lucky dog."  Calvin sniffled and said, "I miss my past self."  Hobbes rolled his eyes and commented, “Poor him.  He wasn’t you.”

I used to read those all the time. Those are classic comics. :-D

• I just checked out there site and the battle of britian set and industrial and rails, South America, partisans, seaplanes and seaplane tenders are all gone and Superweapons UK and Italy were put in there place. A couple of those I would have liked to have seen the light of day some of the ones (read zombies) I don’t care if it comes out

@Yavid:

I just checked out there site and the battle of britian set and industrial and rails, South America, partisans, seaplanes and seaplane tenders are all gone and Superweapons UK and Italy were put in there place. A couple of those I would have liked to have seen the light of day some of the ones (read zombies) I don’t care if it comes out

You’ve been absent, quite a bit. Have you been busy, lately? :-)

• @John:

@Yavid:

I just checked out there site and the battle of britian set and industrial and rails, South America, partisans, seaplanes and seaplane tenders are all gone and Superweapons UK and Italy were put in there place. A couple of those I would have liked to have seen the light of day some of the ones (read zombies) I don’t care if it comes out

Judging by the fact it took me 3 weeks to answer the question. Yes very busy, working 10+ hour days 6 days a week and taking care of the mother-in-law.

@Yavid:

@John:

@Yavid:

Judging by the fact it took me 3 weeks to answer the question. Yes very busy, working 10+ hour days 6 days a week and taking care of the mother-in-law.

Well, I hope your doing well. :-)

• @John:

@Yavid:

@John:

@Yavid:

Well, I hope your doing well. :-)

yeah I am. I’ve been so busy I haven’t even had a chance to put my Japanese set away. I went through it and checked it out but they are still in the box they came in

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m