• See told you.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Imperious:

Miami will win game 2, most likely games 3-4, lose 5 and wrap it up game 6. FYI

If Spurs don’t win one in Miami, then I think you will be right, but if Spurs win one in Miami, then I will give the advantage to the Spurs again, LOL. :-D

• Well as you remember, Miami did lose a home game but won the series anyway. The Spurs are in decline, their big three are on the downside of career while Labron is at his peak.

@Imperious:

Well as you remember, Miami did lose a home game but won the series anyway. The Spurs are in decline, their big three are on the downside of career while Labron is at his peak.

Well, their is no question about that, but I think it is anybody’s game if Spurs win one in Miami. If San Antonio loses both games to Miami, then it is safe to say, Miami will win in six, but that is why they play the game. :-)

• @John:

@Imperious:

Well as you remember, Miami did lose a home game but won the series anyway. The Spurs are in decline, their big three are on the downside of career while Labron is at his peak.

Well, their is no question about that, but I think it is anybody’s game if Spurs win one in Miami. If San Antonio loses both games to Miami, then it is safe to say, Miami will win in six, but that is why they play the game. :-)

Very true

Woohoo, wow, what a performance by the Spurs. They put on a clinic. What an all around team effort. Leonard and Green were on fire! Nice! :-D

• @Imperious:

Besides missing the Game 3 prediction, I think you have it fairly wrong.  James is at his peak, true.  Duncan has played better the past 2 years than the few years before that (but was still a very solid/good player even then).  Parker is in the late of his prime and Ginobili is one of the best 6th men out there.

Wade is on the decline and Bosh never played to the level of the others outside Ginobili maybe.

The biggest difference here is the team.  The Spurs are solid and deep - they win playing as a team.  Take away a piece of Miami, and they fall apart (especially if that’s Lebron, although I don’t think he could have won Game 1, only lessened the blow).  The Heat don’t have anyone like Kawhi Leonard - young, strong, great shooter, great D.  They don’t have a capable big man to take on Tiago Splitter or Aron Baynes (if it comes down to it, although not particularly strong players themselves).  Danny Green and Ray Allen match up pretty well, but I’d give the edge to Green due to youth and better defense.  Boris Diaw can play D like Birdman, but also can shoot it - Birdman looks like he doesn’t want to touch the ball unless the other team has it.

Who else is there?  Chalmers has been nonexistent in this series - I’d take Patty Mills over him any day.  Matt Bonner & Belinelli can play ball especially the 3, but don’t get put in as often as they should (with such a deep team, it’s understandable).  What do the Heat have left?  Battier?  Haslem?  I guess I forgot about Rashard Lewis, but still…basically the Heat are 7 players unless fouls warrant it.  The Spurs Bench can field a solid team (and nearly beat the full strength Heat earlier this year).

Series isn’t done yet, and I think it’s a good matchup, but to say it so simply is really overlooking the details.

• Don’t worry they will win game 4, putting me 2-1.

Wow, this has to be the best Spurs team, ever. They could close at home, which would be great! One more to go! :-D

• @John:

Wow, this has to be the best Spurs team, ever. They could close at home, which would be great! One more to go! :-D

Yeah, this should have been a sweep, but I’ll take a home close instead.  :mrgreen:

@Jermofoot:

@John:

Yeah, this should have been a sweep, but I’ll take a home close instead.  :mrgreen:

I agree. After watching this series. These teams are world’s apart. :-D

San Antonio Spurs: World Champions

WOOHOO!!! :-D

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Imperious:

Don’t worry they will win game 4, putting me 2-1.

I can’t blame you here since I don’t think anyone in America anticipated the Finals to end on three straight routs.

• @General:

@Imperious:

Don’t worry they will win game 4, putting me 2-1.

I can’t blame you here since I don’t think anyone in America anticipated the Finals to end on three straight routs.

If only they knew it was the Cavs that suited up…

• The supporting cast basically didn’t show up. I don’t like the substitutions. For example, why not play Greg Ogden? The whole point was to have a big man and he just sat on the bench. Also, they didn’t really play Haslem till the end and they broke the confidence of Chalmers. He never played this poorly ever.

They need to trade for a PG, get rid of Wade.

Need a real center, not Anderson

Get some new defenders and all these 35+ guys… go young

Run more plays for Bosh

@Imperious:

The supporting cast basically didn’t show up. I don’t like the substitutions. For example, why not play Greg Ogden? The whole point was to have a big man and he just sat on the bench. Also, they didn’t really play Haslem till the end and they broke the confidence of Chalmers. He never played this poorly ever.

Get some new defenders and all these 35+ guys… go young

Run more plays for Bosh

A lot of the analysts were saying the same things you mentioned. They definitely have to do something different, because Lebron can’t play by himself and expect to win.

• @Imperious:

The supporting cast basically didn’t show up. I don’t like the substitutions. For example, why not play Greg Ogden? The whole point was to have a big man and he just sat on the bench. Also, they didn’t really play Haslem till the end and they broke the confidence of Chalmers. He never played this poorly ever.

Big men wouldn’t have helped outside shooting, which is what killed the Heat - best FG% in any finals in history, nearly 50% from 3 as a team.

Not sure what happened with Chalmers, but he was terrible.  Cole would have been a better start.

Need a bench more than they need a center.  But that’s where they took cuts to sign the Big 3.

Run more plays for Bosh

Maybe in the 1st game - after that he caught the Wade flu.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m