• Is there a 1943 set up that any one knows about

• You could make one! :-D Thats what I do!

But sorry, I only know about the 1942 set up.

• I tried to make one, but when you stick to history, the axis is already toast by 1943. Italy is basically a rump state, Stalingrad and Kursk have obliterated the German army, and Midway has canned the Japanese navy. So it would be an uphill battle.

The only way I was going to do this was if I gave all involved powers tech at start, like Germany would get Rockets and Super Subs, etc.

But I abandoned the project.

• The scenario for 43 is not impossible. The victory conditions need to be different ( Germany wins by staying around longer then Historical) and you add the Soviets with separate Victory conditions, so they are competing with Allies to win. So you got three sides. You also create new techs that kick in for Germany on fixed turns ( ones with meat on the bone, not OOB), granting the Allies a few as well.

• Things to give the Axis powers a chance.

-Have 3 sides, Allies, Axis, And Russia.

-Have certain National objectives for Russia and the allies which help each other.
    E.G, if Russia controls West Poland, then U.S.A can produce tanks @ 5.
    This means the Allies and Russia might hold up attacking Germany, in fear of giving the other side a to big of an advantage.

-Exploit Russias lack of Siberian reserves.
    Remove Mongolia and give Japan a good incentive to attack Russia.

-Japan should have around 65 IPCs.

Japan at 65 IPCs.

Sure, with no boats and 20 US subs raiding them into the stone ages.

• Instead of having 3 sides, have 4 sides: Allies, Russia, Germany, Japan.
    Russia is at war with Germany,
    Allies are at war with Germany and Japan.
    Russia wins by taking Berlin until round 4 lets say ( depends on the setup though)
    Allies win by taking Berlin until round 4 or Tokyo until round 5.
    Germany wins by surviving after round 4.
    Japan wins by surviving after round 5.

Setup should situate Russia after Kursk, having full initiative and Allies preparing for Overlord.

• I am trying to simulate this exact scenario(after Kursk), basing it on the AAA version of 1942.
    I am hoping to play it with Dawgoneit soon.
    I want it to always be an Allied victory, but would like it a little more balanced than it was historically.
    I am finding it hard to find naval strengths, so will be guesswork.
    We have played Midnight Express’ Anniversary version, but I want more detail and more pain!

Actually, I would have loved starting with an Axis presence in Tunisia. It will not work with Russia going first though(with the 1942 set up).

• I would have expected no less! Thank you. You are a workhorse and a credit to this community.
    I hope you do not mind that we are playing your Anniversary version here on AAA.
    I did edit out some AlliedBombers and 6 Russian Inf, thinking it would make for too short a game.
    Germany fell on T7, I think. Japan is still alive, because of a KGF. I would like to see it weaker and Germany strengthened though.
    Thanks again. We are swapping sides today.

• Customizer

Well, in a 1943 setup, particularly if you start it after Kursk which would be about mid-July, the Allies would have almost overwhelming numerical superiority. Perhaps to balance it out you would give the Axis certain techs like Jet Fighters, Rockets, perhaps Super Subs and maybe even Improved Mechanized Infantry. See if the Axis can hold out with slightly better equipment versus a hoard of Allied units.
    By the way, I think Italy was pretty much out of the game by July 1943, although you could probably put German units in Northern Italy.

Me and a friend tried something out way back with Classic. Axis units were really strong, Infantry hitting @ 2 on attack, Tanks @ 4, Fighters @ 4, Subs @ 3 and gave them Heavy Bombers. However, their stuff was expensive, like 150% of normal cost.
    Meanwhile the Allies stuff was relatively weak. Infantry @ 1 attack and defense, Tanks @ 2, etc. I think all units attack/defense factors were down by 1 (unless they were already @ 1. Everything would at least get an attack or defense value of 1). However, their stuff was really cheap. I think 75% of normal cost, with a couple possibly less.
    Basically, we wanted to see which would win between strong and expensive units and weak and cheap units.
    The cheap units won the day. Even with their great hitting power, the Axis just couldn’t plow through large numbers of cheap units. They made a lot of advancements right at first but in just a couple of rounds the Allies had huge numbers and even with weak hit numbers, when you have enough units to roll for you will eventually get hits and the Axis units were so expensive that they had relatively few units anywhere.
    Just an interesting little test.

• Thank you for that story Knp.
    Cheap and lots of them always wins eventually.

I would have liked pre Kursk, with the Axis holding on, surrounded, in Tunisia, but 1942 starts with the Russians. Better to be post Kursk and the Eastern Front about to fall on 2/3 of the line. Do not want Russia too strong that they can take all 3 territories. They have to choose.
    I also put 4 Subs around the DEI and deducted 10 income from them(45 only to spend).
    Every other nation, except Germany gets their NO. Germany already has 55,'which seems enough. I thought the loss of the 10 could represent strategic bombing.
    I have restricted the Allies to 5 Bombers, so as to make the game less silly. (I think SBR is too strong in 1940.)
    I will change things, but needgo try it a few times. Is only a bit of fun.

• Customizer

@wittmann:

Thank you for that story Knp.
    Cheap and lots of them always wins eventually.

I would have liked pre Kursk, with the Axis holding on, surrounded, in Tunisia, but 1942 starts with the Russians. Better to be post Kursk and the Eastern Front about to fall on 2/3 of the line. Do not want Russia too strong that they can take all 3 territories. They have to choose.
    I also put 4 Subs around the DEI and deducted 10 income from them(45 only to spend).
    Every other nation, except Germany gets their NO. Germany already has 55,'which seems enough. I thought the loss of the 10 could represent strategic bombing.
    I have restricted the Allies to 5 Bombers, so as to make the game less silly. (I think SBR is too strong in 1940.)
    I will change things, but needgo try it a few times. Is only a bit of fun.

Hey Wittmann,
    For balance, maybe you should go back to the original 1940 turn order (Germany first). That would certainly give them a little better chance against Russia and you possibly could do a pre-Kursk setup. Since the official turn order was changed for 1942 Global setup, there is nothing saying it can’t be changed back for a 1943 Global setup.

• Of course I would have prefered that, but I thought it was easier to start with the 1942
    All at war rules and no France set up. Between 42 and 43 not much changed on the map either. Was trying to make things simple for myself. Also,  the Tournament game has fewer units too, which I prefer.

• Customizer

There was another member on the Forum that put out a 1943 setup, but I can’t remember who it was now. I actually put it on here because I made my own setup chart and still have it printed with my other setup charts. He came on and asked if I would remove it because he said it was flawed and he wanted to correct it. I don’t think he has put it back up yet. Must have gotten busy with real life.
    Anyway, you should have seen the amount of planes the US had. It was crazy. There was something like 8-10 strategic bombers with about as many tactical bombers, maybe a couple of more that were on carriers and something like 20 fighters. The UK had a lot too, but not near the US’s numbers.

• I have been working on it . But I think the best start time for balance is January 1943 it’s was a time where the German 6th army had a month left till it’s surrender on January 31st but the soviet counter attack was running out of steam . By this time German army group south had a huge counter strike to take back Kharkov and he wanted to keep going to Kursk way before July when it happened  . The only reason it was stoped was hitler during manstien’s attack he has a huge tactical advantage . So Germany is first like in 40 ready to strike

• I’ll be able to post set up this weekend any comments on it will help

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m