Nation- (and City-) Specific Victory City Markers

• Customizer

@CWO:

@Nobel:

What’s the diameter of the base? Might be worth making it slightly larger and putting the name of the city down in a semicircle around the base? If you do just the 7 primary cities originally listed it’s probably not needed, but the other buildings might start to look similar to each other. Just a thought.

Alternately, if the restricted diameter of the pieces is too constraining, the name of each city could be inscribed on the underside of its base (if Solidworks lets you do that).  The identification is only needed to ensure that the right marker gets put on the right city dot on the map; once it’s there, the name doesn’t need to be visible on the marker itself because the name of the city is already printed on the map.

Good Idea. This is definitely doable.

• Customizer

Ossel & others,

@ossel:

@CWO:

@Nobel:

What’s the diameter of the base? Might be worth making it slightly larger and putting the name of the city down in a semicircle around the base? If you do just the 7 primary cities originally listed it’s probably not needed, but the other buildings might start to look similar to each other. Just a thought.

Alternately, if the restricted diameter of the pieces is too constraining, the name of each city could be inscribed on the underside of its base (if Solidworks lets you do that).  The identification is only needed to ensure that the right marker gets put on the right city dot on the map; once it’s there, the name doesn’t need to be visible on the marker itself because the name of the city is already printed on the map.

Good Idea. This is definitely doable.

––The “poker chips” that most people use are 3/4 inch diameter. IMHO it would be great if these “City Markers” were NO LARGER than 3/4" if possible.
    ----BTW, whenever these “City Markers” are produced Sign me up as a DEFINATE SALE!

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Here is Berlin.

This one was admittedly more challenging, and I need to upload it to Shapeways to see if they can do some of the detail (the chariot on top, etc.).

Let me know what you guys think, obviously I can do more detail but this is going to be a tiny piece so I’m not sure how much will be visible.  As always, I welcome feedback and input. I’m thinking of dropping the “wing” buildings on the sides of the gate.

Yes Paul, these pieces are .75in diameter, so I think I like the size.

Berlin1.PNG
    Berlin2.PNG

• Customizer

Here is an example of the text on the bottom.

Berlin3.PNG

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@ossel:

Here is Berlin.

This one was admittedly more challenging, and I need to upload it to Shapeways to see if they can do some of the detail (the chariot on top, etc.).

Let me know what you guys think, obviously I can do more detail but this is going to be a tiny piece so I’m not sure how much will be visible.  As always, I welcome feedback and input. I’m thinking of dropping the “wing” buildings on the sides of the gate.

Yes Paul, these pieces are .75in diameter, so I think I like the size.

Wow ossel, these pieces are amazing. :-)

• @ossel:

Dropping the wing buildings would allow each iconic structure to be a bit larger, and therefore possibly more detailed, which could be a good trade-off.  The samples look absolutely great so far, but “wingless” versions might be better.  Glad to see that putting the name under the base works well.

• Customizer

Well, what I was referring to for this one in particular was the little “wings” on the Brandenburg Gate (see attached.)

They are there in the actual building but I don’t think they add much here.

I definitely like having sort of generic “city” buildings (the rectangles around the landmarks), I think they add to the feeling that the piece is an actual city.

Berlin4.PNG

• Ah, I see – I misunderstood.  I thought you meant the surrounding small buildings which, I agree, do add a certain urban charm to the markers.

• @CWO:

Ah, I see – I misunderstood.  I thought you meant the surrounding small buildings which, I agree, do add a certain urban charm to the markers.Â

keep the smaller buildings

• Customizer

Washington D.C.

Really like how this one came out.

DC1.PNG
    DC2.PNG

• Customizer

More D.C. pics

DC3.PNG
    DC4.PNG

• Customizer

Washington underneath and my updated Berlin model.

DC5.PNG
    Berlin5.PNG

@ossel:

Washington D.C.

Wow, I like this one. You can see all the details. Man, that it is awesome. :-D

• Customizer

@John:

@ossel:

Washington D.C.

Wow, I like this one. You can see all the details. Man, that it is awesome. :-D

Thanks! :-D

I changed Paris slightly, I thought Eiffel Tower was a little chunky in the first version.

Also, I’m thinking of making the Washington Monument obelisk slightly smaller, let me know what you guys think.

I’ve started to upload these to Shapeways, but I haven’t made them public yet. I want to get a set for myself and see how they look before I unleash them. Right now they’re looking to be about $2 apiece.

Paris3.PNG

• Customizer

Yeah, I like this version better.

Next…LONDON  :-D

DC6.PNG

@ossel:

Yeah, I like this version better.

Next…LONDON   :-D

I agree, slimming them down, made it better! :-)

• These are really shaping up nicely!  Great work!

• Customizer

London!

London1.PNG
    London2.PNG

@ossel:

London!

Wow, that stands out nicely. Well done, my friend. :-D

• Impressive!  I could almost believe that it includes an imbedded microchip that plays Big Ben’s chimes every hour!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m