• Sponsor

Carlito came to our rescue from Greece where he spent all of his four years as a stray. He was feed and monitored by a woman in rescue work there and although her shelter was full, she payed close attention to him after someone had cut off his ears when he was a puppy. He remained a stray as the community fed and protected him and his guardian angel even payed the bill when he needed eye surgery to remove a large growth. Early this year, the area he was living in was about to be “cleared” of all strays, so he was brought to our rescue to be fostered and eventually homed here in Toronto.

After 1 month of fostering Carlito which included a potential applicant returning him because he became depressed and ran away after just 3 days, I decided to adopt him myself. Right from day one, Carlito has needed 2X 1 hour walks per day and has displayed aggression towards passing dogs, passing cars, and every squirrel he sees. His training has been very exhausting. but he has shown great progress recently. One thing that I have realized this past week is that we have bonded greatly, and that placing him with someone else would only hurt and confuse both of us. I have grown to love him very much, and I know that he is happy with me, so I have decided to adopt his as of today… here are a few pictures of my new best bud.  
    Carlito 4.jpg

• Sponsor

He’s a big suck!

Carlito 2.jpg

• Sponsor

This is Carlito chilling after a long walk.

Carlito 3.jpg

• Good luck and enjoy having him.
    My parents had a black Lab when they first moved to the country in Herefordshire (from the busy South of England) and I always enjoyed walking him on my Sunday visits to them.
    I cannot find the time necessary for a dog with the work and life I have, but envy you the love and friendship that will grow between you.
    From Greece though? Wow! Long way.

• @Young:

I see that the old expression “If you want to find the best seat in the house, check to see where the cat is sleeping” applies to big dogs too.

• Sponsor

@CWO:

@Young:

I see that the old expression “If you want to find the best seat in the house, check to see where the cat is sleeping” applies to big dogs too.

That’s funny, but I don’t think Carlito would fit on the window sill (lol).

• I got three dogs, a lab mix and two Yorkshire Terriers. Love these dogs like they were children, they are just as expensive as kids.

I got three sons and three dogs.

• @ABWorsham:

Love these dogs like they were children, they are just as expensive as kids.

Not quite, since you won’t have to put money aside to send the dogs to college when they get older.  :-)

• Sponsor

Been wanting to change his name for some time now, and I finally came up with one that feels right for him…

“PANZER”

• @Young:

Been wanting to change his name for some time now, and I finally came up with one that feels right for him…

“PANZER”

You have my blessings! Panzer is awesome!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m