A new game I got from Historic Aviation.

• Customizer

Hey Everyone. I wanted to share this with you. I got a new game from Historic Aviation magazine and it is pretty cool. It’s a Monopoly game based on the United States’ involvement in World War 2. I took pictures of all the components to share with you.
    First are pictures of the box, top and bottom.
    01 Box Top.JPG
    02 Box Bottom.JPG

• Customizer

Next are pics of the box when you open it and the game board. The game board is really neat because all the properties are historical events and places.

03 Box Open.JPG
    04 Gameboard.JPG

• Customizer

Next we have pics of the Money used in the game. Each denomination includes the amount of personnel in certain parts of service in WW2 America. The number of persons involved increases with each denomination.
    $1 = 214,000 served in the US Coast Guard
    $5 = 243,000 served in the Merchant Marine
    $10 = 485,000 served in the US Marines
    $20 = 1,250,000 served in the Army Air Force
    $50 = 4,204,000 served in the US Navy
    $100 = 8,300,000 served in the US Army
    $500 = 130,000,000 people lived in the US and most contributed in some way to the war effort.

The Chance and Community Chest cards have been replaced with Home Front and Allies cards. The reasons you pay or collect money are things that might have or did happen during the war. Hopefully you can read them in the picture.

05 Money.JPG
    06 Fortune cards.JPG

• Customizer

Here are the Allies cards and Home Front cards.

07 Allies Cards.JPG
    08 Home Front Cards.JPG

• Customizer

Here are all the Property cards front and back. Like I said before, the properties are events throughout the war, beginning with Lend Lease and ending with Victory Over Japan.
    The four Railroad properties are Supply Routes.
    The Utilities are US Aircraft Factories and Shipyards.

09 Property Cards front.JPG
    10 Property Cards back.JPG

• Nice concept.  Does the game use WWII-themed pieces that the players move around the board?

• Customizer

Finally, we have the little pieces of the game.
    Instead of “houses” and “hotels”, they are called “camps” and “HQs” but they are not really anything new. The camps are little brown plastic houses and the HQs are grey plastic hotels. One thing about the “camp” pieces, it looks like they were not quite molded right. It seems like they might have been taken out of the mold while still hot and sort of sagged a little around the edges. I am wondering if this was on purpose to sort of make them look like tents.
    Now we have the cool new tokens that come with this game only. The dice are pretty standard, but the six tokens are things that were used in the US services during WW2. Here are the different tokens:
    A pair of combat boots
    A B-17 Flying Fortress bomber
    A US Army helmet
    An LCVP Landing Craft
    A Cathedral Radio
    A Sherman Tank

I am looking forward to playing a game or two of Monopoly now. Hope you all enjoy the pics.

11 HQs & Camps.JPG
    12 Tokens & Dice.JPG

• Customizer

@CWO:

Nice concept.  Does the game use WWII-themed pieces that the players move around the board?

Yeah, you posted before I could get the last pics up. Check them out. Pretty cool.

• @knp7765:

Yeah, you posted before I could get the last pics up. Check them out. Pretty cool.

Very nice.  I wouldn’t have been able to identify the landing craft if you hadn’t said what it was, but the other five pieces look great.

• that game looks awesome

• Customizer

It is pretty neat. I have played a couple of games now and while it is just basically Monopoly, the WW2 theme is cool. It would also be a pretty good learning experience for anyone not familiar with WW2 or the US involvement in the war. The neat facts on the fortune and property cards and short but informative. Most of it is kind of old hat to me because I have watched so many WW2 documentaries, but I still learned a couple of new things.

• It would have been a nice touch to rename the jail square “in the brig”.

• Does look interesting Knp. Thank you for your time to photograph and post.
    Not sure I think the tank looks much like a Sherman though(on my phone).
    Do you disagree? Am I blind?

• Customizer

@wittmann:

Does look interesting Knp. Thank you for your time to photograph and post.
    Not sure I think the tank looks much like a Sherman though(on my phone).
    Do you disagree? Am I blind?

No, you are seeing just fine. The Sherman tank is somewhat squat from normal. It is shorter and wider than Shermans were. Still looks cool though.

• Customizer

@CWO:

It would have been a nice touch to rename the jail square “in the brig”.

HA! Good one. Another possibility would be “the Stockade”.

• @knp7765:

@CWO:

It would have been a nice touch to rename the jail square “in the brig”.

HA! Good one. Another possibility would be “the Stockade”.

And the picture of the “Go To Jail” policeman with the whistle could be replaced by a picture of an M.P. or Shore Patrol guy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m