Grasshopper's Pre-FMGC Game

• Sponsor

Hello everyone,

I would like to announce my annual Pre-FMGC game at the Cliffside Bunker in Scarborough ON, Canada. We will be playing A&A 1940 Global on my customized game table (see video link) on Friday, September 5th at my place. Please reply here if you would like a chair reserved for you…. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng_mXs37Cjg

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

If I can manage the time off work I will be there.  :-)

• Sponsor

@variance:

If I can manage the time off work I will be there.   :-)

You’re giving them 7 months notice to book a long weekend, you should be fine.

• @Young:

@variance:

I will think about it for this year.  Does FMGC & hotels fill up quick?  I won’t be able to find out if I can make it until this summer.  I also need to weigh the options of driving vs flying.

• Sponsor

Awesome, I hope all works out and you’re able to join us.

• I’d love to join you guys again, just have to find some things out about work in the next few months, Then I’ll know for sure.

• @ghr2:

@Young:

@variance:

I will think about it for this year.  Does FMGC & hotels fill up quick?  I won’t be able to find out if I can make it until this summer.  I also need to weigh the options of driving vs flying.

You should be good.  There are a ton of hotel rooms nearby-ish (4-5 hotels right off the highway and about a 3-5 minute drive from the event) and there’s no way we’d fill them.

As for tickets to the event, traditionally we have tickets available at the door, but of course it’s best to pre-register to avoid disappointment, especially if you’re not local.

• As long as customs won’t are not a pain and Fall semester is not intense, I think that going to Toronto is doable.  This 10 hr+ drive means that I would have to leave Thursday morning, spend all day driving, get a hotel room for the night, then after all of the events, spend 1 more night, and start driving the next day.  I hope I can get away with using american money interchangeably with Canadian money.  If not, credit cards should work.

• Sponsor

@ghr2:

As long as customs won’t are not a pain and Fall semester is not intense, I think that going to Toronto is doable.  This 10 hr+ drive means that I would have to leave Thursday morning, spend all day driving, get a hotel room for the night, then after all of the events, spend 1 more night, and start driving the next day.  I hope I can get away with using american money interchangeably with Canadian money.  If not, credit cards should work.

maybe look on the map thread in the find players forum to see if there are any members close to you. Perhaps someone who can who can car pool, share accommodations, and split all the costs.

• @Young:

@ghr2:

As long as customs won’t are not a pain and Fall semester is not intense, I think that going to Toronto is doable.  This 10 hr+ drive means that I would have to leave Thursday morning, spend all day driving, get a hotel room for the night, then after all of the events, spend 1 more night, and start driving the next day.  I hope I can get away with using american money interchangeably with Canadian money.  If not, credit cards should work.

maybe look on the map thread in the find players forum to see if there are any members close to you. Perhaps someone who can who can car pool, share accommodations, and split all the costs.

I have not seen anyone on the forum, who live near me, that I have not already talked too.

Cost is not an issue, it is the stress of going international and the overall time investment.

• @ghr2:

I have not seen anyone on the forum, who live near me, that I have not already talked too.

Cost is not an issue, it is the stress of going international and the overall time investment.

We’ve had a number of international guests to the convention over the past few years, all of whom had no (or relatively little) issue getting across the border (Just don’t ask Yope about his experience … Though I do believe from our conversation about it he got a good laugh over it all; Oh, and don’t bring firearms/bullets/casings with you like another years guest did … oops).

If you’ve got the money and the time, by all means come and join us!

FYI, American cash is just as good as any others here.  Or you could just exchange it for Canadian while you’re here, but we will most certainly take US$ (as will 99.99% of stores, hotels and everywhere else).

• I will be getting a passport here eventually since there is a wedding that I will be going to in the TO area this summer.  That will take care the vast majority of my border issues.

ghr2- You can exchange money right at the border crossing.  Come up my way and cross in Port Huron (Blue Water Bridge).  Use I-94 to I-69 and then across the thumb of Michigan to the border.  That way you avoid the traffic and trouble of the Detroit/Windsor metro area and that crossing.

Hell, you could come this far (it’s about half way for you on this trip) on the way to the event and crash at my place.  That way you have just a five hour trip on Friday.

Just don’t tell the Canadians (or the US goons for that matter) that you stayed with me. :wink:

• Sponsor

WOW! A sleep over offer and a winky face all in the same post (LOL).

• @Craig:

I will be getting a passport here eventually since there is a wedding that I will be going to in the TO area this summer.  That will take care the vast majority of my border issues.

ghr2- You can exchange money right at the border crossing.  Come up my way and cross in Port Huron (Blue Water Bridge).  Use I-94 to I-69 and then across the thumb of Michigan to the border.  That way you avoid the traffic and trouble of the Detroit/Windsor metro area and that crossing.

Hell, you could come this far (it’s about half way for you on this trip) on the way to the event and crash at my place.  That way you have just a five hour trip on Friday.

Just don’t tell the Canadians (or the US goons for that matter) that you stayed with me. :wink:

You from Port Huron?

• Close enough that it is practically the same thing.

• '12

I hope I can get away with using american money interchangeably with Canadian money.  If not, credit cards should work.

I would exchange money at the bank.  Often you lose 5-15% on currency exchanges at a store or hotel and credit cards ding you on currency exchanges too.

• @Craig:

I will be getting a passport here eventually since there is a wedding that I will be going to in the TO area this summer.  That will take care the vast majority of my border issues.

LoL, feels like stranger danger!

• Can it be any worse than having Gargantua, Axisplaya, Myself spending the night at Grasshopper’s, not to mention some of his regulars

• Sponsor

@suprise:

Can it be any worse than having Gargantua, Axisplaya, Myself spending the night at Grasshopper’s, not to mention some of his regulars

Quite or you’ll sleep on the floor this year.

• @suprise:

Can it be any worse than having Gargantua, Axisplaya, Myself spending the night at Grasshopper’s, not to mention some of his regulars

This does not make me feel better.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m