• hi there,

Any of you axis players consider placing a IC in Norway turn 1 Europe ed 2?  my buddy and I have been trying out this strategy, it protects the German NO and allows fast troop and armor deployment into Leningrad. It does make for a juicy target for the US to try and take however, as well as strategic bombing raids from UK.

• I think I’d rather have two transports in 112 or 113 instead of a minor in Norway. You can move more units with them and also use them to amphibious assault Novgorod from 115 or 127.

• That two trannies can be sunk anytime, but a factory will always be there

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Razor:

That two trannies can be sunk anytime, but a factory will always be there

Yeah, an American factory by turn 6.

• Yes…the trannies could be sunk, probably not ANYTIME though. A destroyer and loaded airbase could be a deterrent for attacks on them.
    If Germany want to build an IC in that region I feel Finland would be a better choice…or they could wait until the US builds one in Norway and take it from them.

• I liked the idea a while ago, but now no longer consider it. Many Russian players give you Novgorod, so Norway IC becomes redundant and too hard  to guard against a determined US player.
    I would rather IC Romania.

• Customizer

I would rather have no new factories and unlimited non-combat rail movement.

• @captain:

Yes…the trannies could be sunk, probably not ANYTIME though. A destroyer and loaded airbase could be a deterrent for attacks on them.
    If Germany want to build an IC in that region I feel Finland would be a better choice…or they could wait until the US builds one in Norway and take it from them.

If the US player builds an IC in Norway, they would most likely hang on to it. By the time the US could build an IC in Norway, they should have naval superiority, and plenty of resources, especially w/Britains help. Not sure how they’d lose the IC, unless you really suck as a player.

• '21 '18

@captain:

Yes…the trannies could be sunk, probably not ANYTIME though. A destroyer and loaded airbase could be a deterrent for attacks on them.

In IPC terms…

Loaded AB (West Germany, 3 FGT) + DD + 2 X TT = 52 IPC. Considering that you already have the three FGT and one TT at the start of the game then DD + TT = 20 IPC. But your FGT and available TT are tied to the Baltic. No trip to the Med, Middle East, Africa or central Russia for them.

Minor IC = 12 IPC and that’s all. Better put it in Finland for better defense against amphibious assaults and closer proximity to Leningrad.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m