• Customizer

Something else I’ve tried is that planes operating off carriers have to land back on the carrier to rearm (takes one cr) after 2 combat rounds, since we’re assuming that fighter vs ships are using bombs and torpedoes of which carrier planes could carry very few.

Should carriers and their planes be permitted to participate in different battles in a turn? If not, should the planes always have to be taken as casualties before the carrier?

• Customizer

@Craig:

I did come up with with a naval air unit for the US and Japan to be used in this game, but it was more of an attempt to power down the generic fighter and its attack value against surface naval units rather than an attempt to come up a unique figurine for differentiation.

You also cut down the attack value for naval planes? So land fighters attack @ 3 but carrier fighters attack @ less? I understand your limitations on range but I think limiting the attack is too much.

@Flashman:

Something else I’ve tried is that planes operating off carriers have to land back on the carrier to rearm (takes one cr) after 2 combat rounds, since we’re assuming that fighter vs ships are using bombs and torpedoes of which carrier planes could carry very few.

Should carriers and their planes be permitted to participate in different battles in a turn? If not, should the planes always have to be taken as casualties before the carrier?

So if you have a big naval battle between two large fleets that takes, lets say 5 rounds of combat. Your carrier based planes fly out and participate in this combat for 2 rounds, sit out a round of combat for re-arming, then participate in another 2 rounds of combat? Does this include if the carriers moved into the combat zone as well? What about defending planes?

This seems to me like you could really threaten your own attack. Say you are attacking with 2 BB, 3 CA, 3 DD and 10 carrier based planes. After 2 rounds of combat, you suddenly cut your attacking force in half. Your remaining warships could get creamed in that 3rd combat round.

• I introduced it long time ago in my house rules.
    Naval air force and Army air force.
    To distinguish them, I painted the naval and army planes with different colors. (USA,Japan and UK).
    Army plane cannot land on a carrier.
    Naval plane cannot land on a territory.

• So is that how I’m suppose to be playing it because if its in the rules I missed it.

• So is that how I’m suppose to be playing it because if its in the rules I missed it.
    Are you serious???  :?

LOL…shame on you!!!

But it will be play a pleasure to give you the rule.

• Up to you Leader!

• Customizer

Another option could be is to adjust the cost of a CV/AC bundle. When the carrier loses HP or planes are destroyed they must be repaired/replaced at a NB. The AC are permanently assigned to the carrier as if the carrier and aircraft were a single unit. You would need to sort out the stats for your particular HRs and play group’s preferences but it’s an idea just off the top of my head.

• Up to you Leader!     :-D

I found it page 15…

• Fighter who departed from a carrier must necessarily return to its original carrier or may
      land on ally carrier at the end of the battle. If the carrier is sunk and the fighter still alive, it may land
      on a friendly territory. Otherwise, it is removed from the game board.
      So the starting point of the Fighter during the “combat move” is very important.
      This is the principle between the army and navy air force.
      The only time that you can send an aircraft from a territory to a carrier is during the
      “Non-combat move”. There is no exception.
  • '17 '16

This p.15 rules on carrier’s planes is in which game version?

• This p.15 rules on carrier’s planes is in which game version?

LOL. I knew that someone was going to ask the question. :-D

Baron…it’s in our game rule…

• '17 '16

You got me!  :-D

I was under the impression I missed a subtility on OOB plane movement rules.
    You puzzled me.

• Crusader 1
    Baron 0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m