• I have the classic A & A board game. Is it worth my time and money to buy the revised edition of A & A? Your thoughts are needed!

Thanks

Ben

• It is one of the best games ever made right along classic. Its a improvement overall to classic. It would be the second game you buy if you only could own two games.

Trust me on this comrade.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I concur.  Revised is exponentially more enjoyable to play than classic (2nd edition) is.  However it will take getting used too since you have different pieces and more territories to play with.

• '19 Moderator

When you get bored with 2nd ed, buy Revised.  After you buy revised the old game will gather dust.

• do you suggest getting revised even if you’ve already ordered the 50th Anniversary Edition?Will it be a amazingly differnet game?

• Maybe I am just old school, don’t care for revised all that much, looking forward to the Anniversary Edition. Be honest I don’t play the original much either anymore. I have all the games, some I play often, some I play very little, and most I pilfer for parts and units.

I like A&A and I have been playing for 23 years, (how many nights in the military did we play A&A? I could not count) so for me not owning an A&A game is not an option but Revised is close to my least favorite version, maybe because its a repeat/upgrade of the original and the others aren’t.

• Anniversary Edition will be more of an upgrade than at any time before. They are not cutting corners on this deal. Its not just an upgrade either, but a whole new version of the standard game.

• good to hear.

• You mean I need to learn ANOTHER version?

I only switched from Classic in the past 3 years…  :roll:

• lol,luckily i havent been playin for that long(but owned it for over 10 yrs lol),the anniversary ediotion sounds amazing though.

• My view would be to get the Revised Edition first, and then later pick up the Anniversary Edition.  Having the destroyer in the game makes for a good addition, along with the new tech rolls.  Once you get the Anniversary Edition, your Revised game will become a source of extra units for you.

• If you have the loot get both. If not just get Anniversary. It will likely send Revised the way of Classic.

If they listened to our pleadings you won’t need to raid extra sets for more units but we know how that goes…  :lol:

• Get it if you can. Even though Revised is in trouble with Anniversary, it is still well worth your time to buy and play.

• I just bought 2 more copies of AA50… now i got a total of 6 ordered.

Everybody who loves AA must buy this game. I will sell out and you will be sorry. Remember Risk 40th anniversary edition?

you could not even buy the game when it came out and it grew to like $150 on ebay from $50 bucks.

AA50 will be the new standard for Axis and Allies global series of games. Just wait and see.

• @Imperious:

I just bought 2 more copies of AA50… now i got a total of 6 ordered.

Everybody who loves AA must buy this game. I will sell out and you will be sorry. Remember Risk 40th anniversary edition?

you could not even buy the game when it came out and it grew to like $150 on ebay from $50 bucks.

AA50 will be the new standard for Axis and Allies global series of games. Just wait and see.

How will it become the new standard global AA game if it becomes unavailable to most people (at a semi-decent price) like you say it will?  Sounds rather contradicting to me.

And I have not been too blown away by what I’ve seen so far (pics from here/BGG).  Sure it’s a decent map, but I suppose I was expecting more.  Definitely waiting to see/hear more before deciding to buy or not.

• $69.00 bucks is pocket change for heaven sakes. Free shipping if you buy 100 bucks worth of product.

www.coolstuffInc.com

It costs like $69 bucks to fill the gas tank

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_searchResults.php?form_search_number=25&search_text=Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition Board Game

• What are you replying to?  That has nothing to do with my post, except the very last snippet where I said I’m waiting to decide whether to buy.  And I’m poor.  So yeah, I’m waiting to see if Revised -> AA50 is anywhere near the upgrade (game-wise not piece-wise) that Classic -> Revised was.

• I think that you were remarking about a semi decent price and you know its $100 bucks…so i provided a link so you can buy it cheap and if you have a buddy you both can go in and save the shipping costs. Its like a 33% off the list price and that makes it a 'semi-good price" as you put it.

• Yes, in the context I was speaking the semi-decent price is in the future, as you were speaking of Risk Anniversary Ed.  If AA50 goes out of print for good and rises to crazy prices I don’t think it will be the standard global AA game.  Though, with the internet making it all pretty much free anyway (play-by-forum etc.) I could be wrong.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m