• I am curious, what wierd “geek” thing do you do outside of posting on this board?  I assume we are all geeks, come on, it’s an A&A forum for god’s sake.

Like an AA meeting I will offer up my own geekdum first.

I play role playing games sob…. and I watch the history channel!

The shame, THE SHAME! lol.

• im a nerd/geek!!! and damn pround of it. I party, i make my own role playing games, i build large lego cities then pretend i am godzilla and beat the crap out of it ( not really, i did that as a kid though, still sounds fun i might give it a try again) i study war, since i want to be a war historian when i get out of college, i alsogo on road trips all the tI’me. a month ago i drove form my home in chicago to seattle, bought a diet coke then turned around and came home (weird ugh) every summer i work on a ranch in montana, dirt bikes ROCK ON! i love to go target shooting (never hunting or shooting at live targets, unless i got binladen in my sights) i also served in the Marine Corps for 4 years. yup thats me, a nerd. but i am NO dork!!! well maybe alittle.

spell check was being weird, bare with me.

• Hhhmmm. let me see what my geek level is…

Former USAFA Cadet, now a disabled vet.  I have played D&D for 25 years, A&A for 16 years.  I am currently a non-practicing eclectic neo-pagan.  Married to a younger woman that I met online at Bondage.com.  No kids except for 4 cats.  I drink, I smoke.  And for a living I fix hazardous waste processing equipment and provide OSHA/EPA compliance training.

So what is my geek percentage?  Do I qualify?

• if you met your wife online i would throw that in the big YES catigory. and now i know that we share something. i am alos a disabled vet ( lost hearing in my right ear completely due to some towelheads mortor)

aint nothing like being a nerd

p.s. chicks love nerds, cant resist them… :evil:

• You have to be a geek yo like wargames?

• @Major:

if you met your wife online i would throw that in the big YES catigory. and now i know that we share something. i am alos a disabled vet ( lost hearing in my right ear completely due to some towelheads mortor)

aint nothing like being a nerd

p.s. chicks love nerds, cant resist them… :evil:

Well, is it STILL nerdy if it was on Bondage.com?  LOL  Seriously, I met my wife about the time things were finishing up with my Ex on that website.  We met one evening in early Nov 3 years ago, and I made her breakfast the next day  :-D  We were married 18 months later.

As far as being a disabled vet… in my case, I left my right knee in Jack’s Valley at the US Air Force Academy in 1987.  In '88 I had it patched back together, but the USAFA would not take back “damaged goods”.  I joined the PA National Guard, went on active duty for training in Ft. Benning, and blew out the OTHER knee there.  Was transfered to the regular army when my 13 weeks alotted for training was up, and had a full med-board finished up a year later; after the USAITC made a Supply SGT/Unit Armorer out of me.  One of the best periods in my life… helping new soldiers learn to shoot.  PAARNG finally discharged me later that year, and have been a civy ever since.

Nerd?  Hell yes!

And yep, my wife loves me for it too (not bad for an older guy… my wife is 8 years younger than me, which helps keep me from being an old fart of a nerd :-)

• Met my significant other on AOL. Been married 7 years now.

• wow, how many people have met their wives online!

• While i did not meet my significant other on-line i am seeing another pattern forming here.  I am also a vet but of the latest war. I spent 5 years as a Marine in the airwing.  I now attend college for ancient literature and Archeology.  I am also an ardent student of warfare and leadership.  i travel often and will be driving to Honduras from Oklahoma at the end of December.  So what level a I, in fact what kind of geek am i.

• I dint agree with the geek angle as i tend to pursue these games with the main idea of enjoying a good Historical simulation that wont take up too much time but is both playable and has some social value and it has an educational value as well. In my private life i own a number of apartment buildings which necessitates some travel, so i don’t have alot of time for that SPI monster game. And i have to deal with only one women to whom i shall never marry thanks to messed up California and its liberal interpretation of property rights.This provides much flexibility as i can do as i please… In the past few years i decided i like creating games better than playing them and have focused much effort in this area, not so much for commercial gain, as basically to set the record straight for increased realism and playability. I play basketball and the drums/keyboards as well so all i guess im pretty well adjusted.

• Met my GF on an online game (everquest) and have been living with her for going on 2 years.  How is that for geekdum.  Met her online, ON a RP game?

• wow, you are on top of my list for that one Z. Not only online, but in a fricken game!
    Just for the record, I met my girl at my high school, so im way cooler than you hopeless nerds. :mrgreen: :lol:

• i met my girlfirend at my awards seramony. she was a coktail waitress, we have been to gether for one and half years now. i plan on marring her after i graduate. the great thing is shes a big nerd too, i just got the XBOX 360 and havnt really had a chance to do anything with it yet, she took over. is that not ot, i think its hot.

• I now how that feels.  I baught a new PSP about a month ago and not seen it since.  She has even bought 3 games and 2 movies for it with out me even knowing.  She did the same thing with my Xbox too.

• Well, outside of playing wargames whenever I can (not very often, in other words), I play the piano (not geeky, but not exactly jock-like), and (this is the worst part) play an online-RPG. Constantly. It’s pathetic. Oh, and I don’t have a girlfriend, and, oddly enough, never have. As for why, you’d have to ask them :cry: :roll:.

• Reason for never having a girl friend.

1. you are gay
    2. you dont have the guts to ask a chick out
      3)chicks dont like you (your a nerd, you dress funny, you smell etc.)
    3. you are only a kid and have reeeally restrictive parents. (this one sucks the most, trust me, ive been there)

• 1: I’m about the most un-gay guy I know.
    2: I’ve asked girls out several times, and sometimes the same girl more than once, so that’s not the problem.
    3: That’s a possibility, but not because I smell or dress funny, particularly. If they do, I have no idea why.
    4: Closest. I’m not a kid, but my mother is ridiculously restrictive. I think she’d have a heart attack if I even mentioned a girlfriend to her.

• @marine36:

wow, you are on top of my list for that one Z. Not only online, but in a fricken game!
    Just for the record, I met my girl at my high school, so im way cooler than you hopeless nerds. :mrgreen: :lol:

Ever see Jerry Maguire?  She had me at “I’ll put out”.  lol :-D

• @Wargaming_nut:

1: I’m about the most un-gay guy I know.
    2: I’ve asked girls out several times, and sometimes the same girl more than once, so that’s not the problem.
    3: That’s a possibility, but not because I smell or dress funny, particularly. If they do, I have no idea why.
    4: Closest. I’m not a kid, but my mother is ridiculously restrictive. I think she’d have a heart attack if I even mentioned a girlfriend to her.

give it time, i really didn’t have a serious girlfriend until a year and a half ago. one day i saw a girl in a coffee house and i decided to talk to her. she turned me down (way way out of my league) but i figured that if i could talk to her i could talk to anyone. my GF and i got to gether at my awards ceremony,  was drunk as was she. i kissed her and told her i like her (i know its sounds stupid) but here we are 1 1/2 years later, happy as can be. just give it time and you will find someone worth being with. besides if a girl doesn’t want to be with you because of the way you dress or something as superficial as that, trust me your better off, their not worth being with.

• 1: I’m about the most un-gay guy I know.
    Actually,you are the gayest gay guy on this thread…Quit embarassing yourself…Its bugs me :x

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m