• Sponsor

@Imperious:

I want one that actually kills people ….and they show it…unlike that kaka version with Broderick

…and one that doesn’t shot all the monster scenes at night in the rain. :x

• @Imperious:

I want one that actually kills people ….and they show it…unlike that kaka version with Broderick

Ahh you just wanna feed the Beast….huhmmm?!?..

-What have you seen old man?

-Gozilla, Gooozilla

• @Flashman:

Sorority Hazing 39

:lol:

I had to stop by a sorority yesterday (twice) for my other job.  Good lord - they were just kids (and I’m only 32).  But the sorority mother…now we’re talking.  :evil:

• Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,

––As I’ve already read the book,…“The Monuments Men” and “Fury”. I hope Fury is a good one,…I 've read of it for quite a while now. Let’s add “Lone Survivor” to that list.

“Tall Paul”

• @Imperious:

Does it bother any others besides myself that not one human died in the alien invasion of earth on the Avengers movie? These creatures with awesome technology can’t hit a mass of civilians and only manage to shoot up some vehicles.

• alien invasion of earth on the Avengers movie? These creatures with awesome technology can’t hit a mass of civilians and only manage to shoot up some vehicles.

Reason: Disney. Nobody will ever again get hurt in a marvel comic book movie because they don’t want kids crying. That don’t sell damn Popcorn and Twizzlers.

• @Imperious:

alien invasion of earth on the Avengers movie? These creatures with awesome technology can’t hit a mass of civilians and only manage to shoot up some vehicles.

Reason: Disney. Nobody will ever again get hurt in a marvel comic book movie because they don’t want kids crying. That don’t sell damn Popcorn and Twizzlers.

Does this apply to Disney STAR WARS ,too?!?  :? :? :-o

• The agent guy died in Avengers.
    And 9 deaths since Avengers (Iron Man 3 and Thor 2)

There are 21 significant deaths in pirates of the Caribbean.

Honestly George Lucas made Star Wars childish long ago (Clones vs Robots, The Clone Wars animated series in general, Asoka)
    If anything Disney might inject some more mature themes into Star Wars (Lets just hope so  :-P)

• Give me Captain Kirk as Jack Ryan! (in the Shadow Recruit).  It can’t be as bad as the Sum of All Fears….

• @Uncrustable:

The agent guy died in Avengers.
    And 9 deaths since Avengers (Iron Man 3 and Thor 2)

There are 21 significant deaths in pirates of the Caribbean.

Honestly George Lucas made Star Wars childish long ago (Clones vs Robots, The Clone Wars animated series in general, Asoka)
    If anything Disney might inject some more mature themes into Star Wars (Lets just hope so  :-P)

An invasion needs large scale causalities.

• Is anybody watching I,FRANKENSTEIN ?

• @aequitas:

Is anybody watching I,FRANKENSTEIN ?

I have not, you? Good movie?

• @Uncrustable:

If anything Disney might inject some more mature themes into Star Wars (Lets just hope so  :-P)

Well the Clone Wars series is in fact for children but for the most part it is not childish.

Abrams is a hack. That he is working at all let alone been given the helm of “Star Wars” says very bad things about the movie going public.

@Mallery29:

Give me Captain Kirk as Jack Ryan! (in the Shadow Recruit).  It can’t be as bad as the Sum of All Fears….

Pine is no Kirk.

• Pine is no Kirk.

I’m not comparing him to Shatner…he’s far better than 9/10 of the a-holes out there…besides, we all know Picard is better.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Well, whether he’s playing Kirk or Jack Ryan, Pine to me looks like a one-note actor. Nothing against him, since there’s still a place for that kind of actor in action movies. But my beef with Into Darkness lies with the creative team/producers. Hard to fault the actors.

Looking forward to the Lego Movie (silly, but Lego bricks were such a big part of my childhood), Monuments Men, Dumb & Dumber To (20 years after the original! I’ll keep expectations low), Mockingjay Part I and the merciful end to the Hobbit series.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@General:

and the merciful end to the Hobbit series.

Yes.

Unfortunate that it is that way, but still yes.

I will hold out hope for something very good, but I don’t think anything could redeem the squandering of the first two.  :|

• I agree on the Hobbit thoughts.

• When it comes to movies, it seems the ‘cool’ thing to hate on almost everything. I dont get it, everyone wants to be a pessimist.

I loved both the Hobbits…they are much slower than LOTH ofcourse, but the book is much slower aswell. And i cant wait for the finale.

When i dont like a movie, i dont rant about it and those who took part in making it. I understand that there are plenty of movies out there, and im happy that there is enough variety for people to choose from. You will love some and you will hate some.
    I hated Gravity, i thought it was shallow and sexist, but many people loved it. To each his/her own.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Uncrustable:

When it comes to movies, it seems the ‘cool’ thing to hate on almost everything. I dont get it, everyone wants to be a pessimist.

Pessimism, or rather critical-ness, is an equally valid viewpoint on anything as long as you are able to support it with reason. Critical reviews might seem to be more popular, but really only because they get more attention than a positive ones. From my experience, critical reviews tend to be more pointed and in-depth than a simply glowing review. People don’t always give (good) reasons why they like something, but they generally know exactly why something was bad and they describe that to other people. It makes a critical review more provoking and engaging.

@Uncrustable:

I loved both the Hobbits…they are much slower than LOTH ofcourse, but the book is much slower aswell. And i cant wait for the finale.

Good. If you can find joy in them, more power to you and I am very happy for you. That was not the case for me.

And I categorically disagree… The Hobbit (book) is not slow, at least not nearly as slow as The Lord of the Rings. Have we even read the same books?
    The most universal point of criticism on The Hobbit films is their length and pacing in comparison to the actual novel. It is inarguable that a very short book has been over-stretched into almost 9 hrs of film. That is simply a fact; whether or not you like the result is an opinion.

@Uncrustable:

When i dont like a movie, i dont rant about it and those who took part in making it. I understand that there are plenty of movies out there, and im happy that there is enough variety for people to choose from. You will love some and you will hate some.

A rant is perfectly acceptable if it is intelligently reasoned. If you just slam a movie, saying you hate it, but really cannot offer why… well, you don’t sound very credible then. Critical reviews and comments should be taken with a good deal of consideration if there are many people who are saying the same thing… which there are with The Hobbit. With a book that has been cherished and considered a classic, there were high expectations for how it would turn out as a movie. Not everyone is happy with the result and there are legitimate claims for the unhappiness with it.

@Uncrustable:

To each his/her own.

Yes. That does not mean you have to be offended by my critical comments. Please, come back with your own reasons why the movies were particularly good or what made you like them. I will respect your opinion, but I will not shy away from sticking to my own and defending it right back.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

There’s a reason big franchise films (science fiction, comic book & novel based) collect both big bucks extra scrutiny. As fans we’re passionate, maybe even irrationally so (it’s like being a sports fan, also remember what fan is short for). LotR, Star Trek, Star Wars, Batman, the Avengers, etc. are part of our cultural lexicon and many of us are fascinated by the stories and characters established in these works. When fans are let down by film adaptations, they feel the need to be vocal. Do negative comments ring louder than positive acclaim? Yes, but that also applies to sports, we love ripping athletes we deem overrated, and the big losses sting more than big wins validate.

Also, it’s not like we’re ripping indie or low-budget movies. Big movies are big targets.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m