• This is meant for G40e
    Just wanted to see what others think of this.

Strategic movement/Rail movement
    During the noncombat phase, all friendly victory cities give +1 movement to all land units who were in that territory at the beginning of the turn.

Simple way to add a type of rail system, that is not too powerfull/game changing
    Increases the importance of VCs (Right now they only matter for victory conditions)
    Speeds up the game
    Might see more inf/art purchases and less mech (right now it is mech spam for Germany in many games)

Could allow SBR of victory cities, VCs work similar to bases in regards to SBR (6HP, 3 damage=disabled, 1IPC repairs 1 damage)
    The SBR might be too much tho, needs thought

• '17 '16

@Uncrustable:

This is meant for G40e
    Just wanted to see what others think of this.

Strategic movement/Rail movement
    During the noncombat phase, all friendly victory cities give +1 movement to all land units who were in that territory at the beginning of the turn.

Simple way to add a type of rail system, that is not too powerfull/game changing
    Increases the importance of VCs (Right now they only matter for victory conditions)
    Speeds up the game
    Might see more inf/art purchases and less mech (right now it is mech spam for Germany in many games)

Could allow SBR of victory cities, VCs work similar to bases in regards to SBR (6HP, 3 damage=disabled, 1IPC repairs 1 damage)
    The SBR might be too much tho, needs thought

Interesting idea.
    I think you should limit it to unit with M1= Inf / Art / AAA only, nothing else.

No need to add SBR damage, but when there is an IC, any damage to the IC would affect this +1M bonus somehow.

Limit the number of unit.
    Decrease this number with any damage to the IC.

That is my two cents.

• I think you should limit it to unit with M1= Inf / Art / AAA only, nothing else.

No need to add SBR damage, but when there is an IC, any damage to the IC would affect this +1M bonus somehow.

That is my two cents.

What would an IC have to do with it? Now you punish building IC…not to mention the confusion
    Either let VC be SBR or not

You cant limit the movement to units with 1 range imo, that would wreck tank/mech purchases. As Inf/Art on combat alone are so much better than tanks/mechs. (tanks are not purchased all that often to start with)
    It also would make no sense

You could limit the number of units to move to the IPC value of the territory
    Russia could move any 3 units an additional space from Moscow
    Germany 5 from Berlin
    etc

• Customizer

You should get Rail Station tokens from HBG and place them wherever you wanted to reflect rail movement. Then you would have a separate piece to represent another facility that could be hit by SBR.

• '17 '16

@Uncrustable:

I think you should limit it to unit with M1= Inf / Art / AAA only, nothing else.

That is my two cents.

What would an IC have to do with it? Now you punish building IC…not to mention the confusion
    Either let VC be SBR or not

You cant limit the movement to units with 1 range imo, that would wreck tank/mech purchases. As Inf/Art on combat alone are so much better than tanks/mechs. (tanks are not purchased all that often to start with)
    It also would make no sense

You could limit the number of units to move to the IPC value of the territory
    Russia could move any 3 units an additional space from Moscow
    Germany 5 from Berlin  That’s a good restriction.
    etc

Maybe just limit this 2 moves to 1M unit for Non-Combat Move.
    It is difficult to deploy units in combat order while travelling by train.
    So all other M2 units will still get an advantage over the rail movement.

I combined with IC because any SBR can cause more damage to repair than an attack vs IC.
    How it would become an interesting strategical objective to destroy and risk StB?
    There is only Warsaw (exception) which have not IC, all others Victory cities have IC on them.
    That’s why I mixed both IC and rail.
    If Germany want to reach directly Novgorod with M1 unit, it will need to buy a minor IC.
    You can considered that Polish rail were destroyed by the German’s invasion.
    Instead of Industrial complex, you can say an Industrial Area is damaged.

• Maybe just limit this 2 moves to 1M unit for Non-Combat Move.

Not sure what your saying here, but it makes no sense to limit rail to certain units. And like i said would unbalanced land purchases.
    It is a noncombat only move.

Your IC idea makes sense.
    But how would you do it?
    It would most likely create confusion yes?

Another way to limit it is never allowing SM from any VC outside of ‘friendly home territories’
    So the Axis would never SM from a VC in Allied territory, but they can within each others home lands.
    Likewise for the Allies.
    This both adds historical realism (destruction of the land/cities and everything within during the battles fought to occupy enemy soil)
    and keeps it from being too powerful

@knp7765:

You should get Rail Station tokens from HBG and place them wherever you wanted to reflect rail movement. Then you would have a separate piece to represent another facility that could be hit by SBR.

I actually have a number of rail tokens from HBG.
    But i feel using VCs would be simpler, and adds a ‘built in governor’ so to speak
    it also gives more importance to defending VCs other than “i need this many to win”.
    Also in F2F games the board is already crowded enough, but some may prefer using them

• '17 '16

@Uncrustable:

Maybe just limit this 2 moves to 1M unit for Non-Combat Move.

Not sure what your saying here, but it makes no sense to limit rail to certain units. And like i said would unbalanced land purchases.
    It is a noncombat only move.
    I thought it was also possible to make an attack move for 1M unit. Otherwise, why would a 2 Move units can have an interest to pick a 1M unit place? This 2M units can go as farther, and anywhere.

SORRy, I reread the post, you add+1 to all ground units. Fine.

Your IC idea makes sense.
    But how would you do it?
    It would most likely create confusion yes?
    No difference from a regular SBr, just watch how many damage token under IC and reduce the number of unit moving 2 spaces by the same amounts. Damage on StRail is included in the regular damage on IC from the SBR.

Another way to limit it is never allowing SM from any VC outside of ‘friendly home territories’
    So the Axis would never SM from a VC in Allied territory, but they can within each others home lands.
    OK, I agree.
    Likewise for the Allies.
    This both adds historical realism (destruction of the land/cities and everything within during the battles fought to occupy enemy soil)
    and keeps it from being too powerful

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m