• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@stuka:

@Jennifer:

And as for your virginity/marriage, if that’s what you want then who am I to critiscize you for it? It was consensual, I assume, so you didn’t break any of the laws of man.

That’s one of the best things I have ever heard come out of your mouth.

While I’m not so sure it’s the best thing I ever said, it’s good to know we can think on the same wavelength at times.

(Edit: I was going to say more, but thought better of it. :) )

• @ScarleFox:

I know I am an outsider to this forum as of yet… however I found this thread very interesting. A lot of interesting points of view as well. I only know what my personal experience has shown me…and that is…every marraige takes work and divorce happens way to often merely for boredom or money stress…all can be worked out. Anyhow…I dated my husband for 3 years… and yes we shagged like minx…lol And we have now been married for 12 years and kickin’ and barley have had sex since the I do’s…hehe :wink:

i never got that phenomenon.
    It holds true for several of my friends as well. They get married, and all of a sudden they would rather watch tv than bump uglies.

I hope this does not apply to my future relationship . . . :oops: :(

• @cystic:

@ScarleFox:

I know I am an outsider to this forum as of yet… however I found this thread very interesting. A lot of interesting points of view as well. I only know what my personal experience has shown me…and that is…every marraige takes work and divorce happens way to often merely for boredom or money stress…all can be worked out. Anyhow…I dated my husband for 3 years… and yes we shagged like minx…lol And we have now been married for 12 years and kickin’ and barley have had sex since the I do’s…hehe :wink:

i never got that phenomenon.
    It holds true for several of my friends as well. They get married, and all of a sudden they would rather watch tv than bump uglies.

I hope this does not apply to my future relationship . . . :oops: :(

LMAO… well darlin’ All that I can say is… even though it happens less…it becomes better and better each time… I hope this gives you a tiny glimmer of hope…lol :wink:

• @ScarleFox:

lol And we have now been married for 12 years and kickin’ and barley have had sex since the I do’s…hehe :wink:

Well, I know it wouldn’t be roses for the entirety of a marraige. That’s a la la land pipe dream. I think 12 years from now I won’t mind the frequency of sex to go down. I’ll be 42-43 y/o by then so my sex drive will more than likely begin its inevidable decline. :wink:

• @stuka:

@ScarleFox:

lol And we have now been married for 12 years and kickin’ and barley have had sex since the I do’s…hehe :wink:

Well, I know it wouldn’t be roses for the entirety of a marraige. That’s a la la land pipe dream. I think 12 years from now I won’t mind the frequency of sex to go down. I’ll be 42-43 y/o by then so my sex drive will more than likely begin its inevidable decline. :wink:

lol… a heck…I am sure you will still have your sex drive…lol…I plan on goin out in my 90’s havin sex… hehehe :wink:

• thats the way to go. :)

To be honest, it went down after giving birth to my son….well, not in quality but definately in quantity!

Figured out how that whole pregancy thing happened, decided it wasn’t as pleasant as I thought, learned how to prevent it from happening again! just kidding!!!

But seriously, after that first birth, well, not sure why it happened but the frequency definately dropped off. Wonder if that’s normal.

• @Jennifer:

To be honest, it went down after giving birth to my son….well, not in quality but definately in quantity!

Figured out how that whole pregancy thing happened, decided it wasn’t as pleasant as I thought, learned how to prevent it from happening again! just kidding!!!

But seriously, after that first birth, well, not sure why it happened but the frequency definately dropped off. Wonder if that’s normal.

Of course it is… Its hard ( no pun intended) to get kinky or romantic with a baby needing you every moment…lol…and yet I had three… go figure…hehe My husband and I have a sex date set for the day we take our last child to college…lol :wink:

• '19 Moderator

I’m a little late gettingin on that on, but for what it’s worth, I got married when I was 24 after dating my wife for a year, exactly a year. 8 monthes of that time were planning the wedding :-? I think it was a bit early and we should have dated longer, but I also think that is all subjective.

Next year will be our 10th aniversary I had planned to take a long vacation, unfortunately I will have to settle for a video confrence.

Our marrage has had ups and downs, some times it seems like a lot more downs, but it’s worth it I think.

As for the sex, it defineately gets better, the frequency seems to go in cycles. Some times we’re bunneys and sometimes we’re roommates.

• @dezrtfish:

I’m a little late gettingin on that on, but for what it’s worth, I got married when I was 24 after dating my wife for a year, exactly a year. 8 monthes of that time were planning the wedding :-? I think it was a bit early and we should have dated longer, but I also think that is all subjective.

Next year will be our 10th aniversary I had planned to take a long vacation, unfortunately I will have to settle for a video confrence.

Our marrage has had ups and downs, some times it seems like a lot more downs, but it’s worth it I think.

As for the sex, it defineately gets better, the frequency seems to go in cycles. Some times we’re bunneys and sometimes we’re roommates.

Well said…lol

• I definitely think it depends on your age. My wife told me I had a year to figure out if I wanted to marry her or not when we started dating. I figured it out in less time than that…we got engaged 7 months after we started dating and got married 7 months after that.

Having said that, we are both in our 30’s. I really think the older you are, the more you know yourself and the less time it takes to know whether you are making the right decision.

My wife thinks noone under 25 should get married. She’s seen too many friends and relatives get married young, then separate or divorce within 2 years. She thinks they barely know who they are at that age, how can they make a lifetime committment.

• @221B:

I definitely think it depends on your age. My wife told me I had a year to figure out if I wanted to marry her or not when we started dating. I figured it out in less time than that…we got engaged 7 months after we started dating and got married 7 months after that.

Having said that, we are both in our 30’s. I really think the older you are, the more you know yourself and the less time it takes to know whether you are making the right decision.

My wife thinks noone under 25 should get married. She’s seen too many friends and relatives get married young, then separate or divorce within 2 years. She thinks they barely know who they are at that age, how can they make a lifetime committment.

First let me say…OMG your from RI… so am I… pm me…gotta talk about an AXIS and ALLIES party my husband is having next weekend…lol…anyhow…

I met my husband when I was 15… married when I was 18… and we are still married after being together for 14 years, and it will be till death do us part… or I find a richer man…lmao… hehehe jk.

• There are others around RI as well – Guerrilla Guy has it on his profile. I believe Yanny is in college here.

@221B:

I think you might have a point there. As you get older you start to see your life pass before you, and if you want something, you see that you have less and less time to get it.

@221B:

There are others around RI as well – Guerrilla Guy has it on his profile. I believe Yanny is in college here.

Is that a city? wink Sorry, I had to say it, no offense intended.

• 221B Baker Street wrote:

I think you might have a point there. As you get older you start to see your life pass before you, and if you want something, you see that you have less and less time to get it.

No, you missed my point. My point is that when you are older you know who you are better than you did when you were younger. At 18, I was still growing up and I am not now the person I was then. It would certainly have been more difficult had I been married then as I was changing and still growing up at that time.

As far as less and less time to get what I want, well, I still think I have plenty of time to get everything I want (that I haven’t gotten yet :wink: ).

@221B:

221B Baker Street wrote:

No, you missed my point. My point is that when you are older you know who you are better than you did when you were younger. At 18, I was still growing up and I am not now the person I was then. It would certainly have been more difficult had I been married then as I was changing and still growing up at that time.

As far as less and less time to get what I want, well, I still think I have plenty of time to get everything I want (that I haven’t gotten yet :wink: ).

I missed nothing, NOTHING! hehe. No really, I was really more referring to older people marrying in shorter dating periods then younger people and why i thought that was.

Besides, who you THINK you are totally and completely changes after marriage, again after childbirth and I’m sure again after your children leave for college, get married themselves and have babies.

• Besides, who you THINK you are totally and completely changes after marriage, again after childbirth and I’m sure again after your children leave for college, get married themselves and have babies.

Without a doubt!

• @221B:

221B Baker Street wrote:

I WAS different when I was 18… But I find that if you grow TOGETHER… then you always have your best friend to lean on as you run into lifes challenges and changes… birth, money, houses, cars, stress, children in school, college…etc… and then retirement.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m