• I just wanted to say nice site…i have done several PHPnuke sites and they can be a lot of fun! If you ever need a banner or help with graphics…feel free to pm me. the main PHPnuke site I do it http://www.cfclan.com/

Keep up the cool work!

• Founder TripleA Admin

This is actually not a PHPNuke site. PHPNuke definitely has it’s drawbacks and some advantages. I’m eventually going to setup this site using one of the best open source CMS packages out there, Drupal.

• der… I see phpBB right there too…lol :D … I havent heard to much about Drupal… what is the advantage to it?

• Founder TripleA Admin

Here are the advantages of Drupal

• Solid code base that is concerned with security
    • Very easy and intuitive to use and administer
    • Very modular
    • It’s easy to create a simple module
    • It’s fairly easy to install a module (I actually found that PHPWebsite has better install)
    • Very large support community for both use and development

The only downside is that the forums suck and have no integration with phpBB.

• @djensen:

Here are the advantages of Drupal

• Solid code base that is concerned with security
    • Very easy and intuitive to use and administer
    • Very modular
    • It’s easy to create a simple module
    • It’s fairly easy to install a module (I actually found that PHPWebsite has better install)
    • Very large support community for both use and development

The only downside is that the forums suck and have no integration with phpBB.

I would love to look into it… So far I have had no problems with the phpbb or nuke sites that I have done or worked on… the current one that I work on has arcade, lotto, stats…etc. and those modules took soome work… maybe Drupal would be easier in that area.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Oh, another thing. Drupal projects were a part of the “Google Summer of Code.” Meaning that Google felt it a worth while open source project to sponsor for summer interns.

However, I think they also sponsored some other CMS software packages.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m