• U.S. does battle with Japan in S.Z. 16, this equals mutual destruction. In the U.S. non-com.s can they move troop transports into sea zone 6? What if S.Z. 6 has a sub or two in it? Also what if the U.S brought in a CV or 3 and a CR in with the TT’s
    Japan also has 2 planes on the Island of Japan
    There is no amphib. assault attempt
    The boats all came from Hawaii
    1 Scramble, I said no that was combat movement not non com
    2 Kami’s, I said that would happen when it came around to Japans turn or if an Allied power came in those waters during a combat move
    3 Hostile sea zone, I said those boats could ignore the subs, no destroyers
    They changed their moves because they didnt like my explanation of the rules
    4 Was I right or wrong
    Tanks
    S.A.

• Yes, the US can non-com into SZ 6. The subs don’t matter at all, they can be totally ignored during non-com movement. Doesn’t matter if you bring warships or not.
    It looks to me like you were correct.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

This would get you around the kamikazes if you attacked with just air and subs and then rolled in the carriers afterward to land the planes.  If there are enemy subs still there you will want to make sure you have a destroyer with your carriers and transports.

• Thanks guys!
    I’ll show them next weekend
    They sometimes think I pull rules out of my hat
    S.A.

• Official Q&A

@suprise:

2 Kami’s, I said that would happen when it came around to Japans turn or if an Allied power came in those waters during a combat move

Kamikaze strikes are always made on Allied turns as a response to an attack, whether in the sea zone or an amphibious assault from it.  They are never made on Japan’s turn.

@suprise:

3 Hostile sea zone, I said those boats could ignore the subs, no destroyers

The sea zone isn’t hostile, as subs and/or transports don’t make a sea zone hostile.  As such, subs can be ignored whether or not the moving power has destroyers.

• So yes on the Kamikaze attack during the non-com.
    Tanks
    S.A.

• Ok miss read Krieg’s clarification on my highlighted section

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m