Difference between TripleA Map and OOTB Map

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Hey guys,

When I try the Triple A version 5 map (for 1942 2nd edition), I notice that the map and initial setup arrangement are different from the 42 2nd edition I have.  Is there a reason why they are different (balance issue?  Just for fun?) Just curious….also,  In Triple A is there a place I can play with the exactly the same map and initial setup like the official one?

Thanks

• Could you list the specific differences you’ve found so that I correct them?

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Sorry for the confusion.  Today I looked at it again and in fact see no difference :-D.  It was possibly the distortion of the map proportion that made me feel this way (and also meaning I am still a newbie in this game :lol:)

• @innohub:

Sorry for the confusion.  Today I looked at it again and in fact see no difference :-D.  It was possibly the distortion of the map proportion that made me feel this way (and also meaning I am still a newbie in this game :lol:)

There was a mistake on the Indian ocean SZs so you might have noticed. I’ve already posted a fix it but it hasn’t been added to the release version yet.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@Hobby

FYI - While I am playing with opponent today using AAA(play by forum), I think it occurred once that even I attack a submarine with destroyer and cruiser, the submarine from enemy side can still do a surprise attack before I fire.  Is this a bug?

42 2E is a great game.  I am addicted to it recently  :mrgreen:

Cheers,

• @innohub:

@Hobby

FYI - While I am playing with opponent today using AAA(play by forum), I think it occurred once that even I attack a submarine with destroyer and cruiser, the submarine from enemy side can still do a surprise attack before I fire.  Is this a bug?

42 2E is a great game.  I am addicted to it recently  :mrgreen:

Cheers,

It’s just the way TripleA manages combat, where any subs present will always fire first before surface ships (combat is coded to happen this way). But the end result is the same as A&A: any ships hit by the sub would get the chance to fire back.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Got you.  Thank you for your clarification.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m