• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Thank you Tigerman for the updated set-up and rules. Our group will put them to use in our next game. It looks to me that the balance issues brought about in 6.0 have been addressed.

Your attentiveness regarding the opinions and suggestions brought forward by players on this forum is greatly appreciated.

The Game”, as we call it, has never looked better.

• @Tigerman77:

Now That the UK navy will last past the second round i figured Germany could use a little boost…  :wink:

I do not think, that the UK Homefleet (in Seazone 14) will survive the first turn of Germany! You can use this 4 subs + the rest of the “Kriegsmarine” in Seazone 18 + newly built sea units in first impulse of turn 1 to make a massively attack on them in second impulse of the “Blitz” because of the harbor in Stettin, which allows you to move 3 spaces. And the Denmark navy isn’t a block.

• '14

@Star:

@Tigerman77:

Now That the UK navy will last past the second round i figured Germany could use a little boost…  :wink:

I do not think, that the UK Homefleet (in Seazone 14) will survive the first turn of Germany! You can use this 4 subs + the rest of the “Kriegsmarine” in Seazone 18 + newly built sea units in first impulse of turn 1 to make a massively attack on them in second impulse of the “Blitz” because of the harbor in Stettin, which allows you to move 3 spaces. And the Denmark navy isn’t a block.

Play it out and see. Also look into using the optional air and naval base rules.  These rules will add a different strategy for all nations.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

WWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• I’m aware that this is an older thread by now, but I figure it’s worth posting still.

Those 4 German subs that are placed near Stettin just let the German navy dominate the Atlantic in the opening turns, which are crucial.  Were they setup there for balance purposes or were they setup there to reflect historical accuracy?  From what I can gather, the British home fleet didn’t get sunk so brutally in 1939, which other setups and some research suggest.  I realize that the game is not actually WW2, it’s just based on it.  After playing with this setup about ten times though, the 4 extra subs just seem unnecessary and maybe overpowering.  Before this setup was published, the U.K. navy barely survived, often with just one damaged battleship and maybe a couple planes left.  That was with Germany not building a single navy unit.  It’s Germany’s air force that has the punch behind the attack, now more than ever with more subs.

Germany can still have a naval presence in the Atlantic if it chooses to build some navy, maybe build those 4 subs that were added in the setup.  The commonwealth in the Atlantic becomes severely set back with the U-boats there as it is.

Maybe there’s a reason that I’m not aware of about why the setup is where it is.  I just figured I’d bounce my ideas off here.  Everything else in the setup is great.  Without guys actually doing this kind of stuff, things would get pretty boring haha, so we appreciate it!

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

I love the new subs. It precludes having to lose a lot of the Luftwaffe against the UK navy.

The bonus they give doesn’t last long though. The UK makes enough to recover quickly (especially if they activate Greece/Yugoslavia on T1) and before you know it, the US navy is working with them to sink every German boat in the Atlantic.

I generally find the UK recovery to be swift and the Atlantic to be a forbiddingly dangerous place for German boats by turn 5  –-if the allies are on their game–. Building more German navy means less for attacking the USSR. It’s a trade-off that often ends in a dead end for the Germans.

• '17 Customizer

Is it possible to the .xls for these tables?

• Why you want these  or what u looking for ?

• '17 Customizer

I would like to get the underlying Excel spreadsheet because this is well put together and I would like to make a 1936 setup with this as the basis.  Unless there is already a 1936 in this format.

It looks like these are the base setups, in that there are no expansions, house rules, etc.  These are out-of-box, yes?

Thank you.

• @sjelso:

I would like to get the underlying Excel spreadsheet because this is well put together and I would like to make a 1936 setup with this as the basis.  Unless there is already a 1936 in this format.

HBGing has a 36 game. Download there 36 setups charts at site.

It looks like these are the base setups, in that there are no expansions, house rules, etc.  These are out-of-box, yes?

Thank you.

Depends on what map you use. These are the latest rules and setups using HBG 1st edition 39 map.

GW39_Setup_7.2.pdf
    Global War Complete Rules v7.2(3).pdf

• '17 Customizer

Thank you…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m