Dangermouse finally found some time to paint…..

• Sponsor

Sick skills man!… I especially like the U-boats.

BRAVO!

• Customizer

Dangermouse650,

––Extremely nice work!

“Tall Paul”

• '21 '18 '17 '15

• '21 '18 '17 '15

LHoffman, acrylics,  is one better than the other? 
    YG, yes, those Uboats are nice, going to do more of those and replace the oob
    thanks georgemak1
    TP, thanks, but your warmachine is “Outstanding”…… :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@dangermouse650:

No, not really. Just based on personal preference. I use enamels, mostly because acrylics are so much harder to clean and they dry so quickly. But yours look excellent, so keep it up man.

• Customizer

Yeah, Nice stuff. It’s good to see some of the color schemes I plan for my own pieces and to see how they look on the board.
    Have you tried a little more drybrushing to really pull the details out of your painted pieces. One thing I’ve noticed is that camo scheemes tend to make those tiny games pieces look like camo blobs and make the pieces look indistinct. Camo IS supposed to do that but then you lose ability to distinguish details. This is where some back and forth about true historical schemes butt heads with game piece Identification. I’m not knocking your painting since I’m going the same route but I see I need to do more deep shading and dry brushing on mine to accentuate the effort the modellers put into their pieces.

Either way, your game looks great and thanks for the “recon”

• Customizer

Dangermouse650,

@dangermouse650:

––Thanks, but I don’t think comparisons are healthy and/or necessary. I look at your work and I’m impressed by the beauty of it and the time I know was spent in accomplishing it.
    ----A wise friend of mine who I totally respect once told me:…“If you’re having Fun,…you’re doing it RIGHT!”
    And you are definitely doing it RIGHT! Please keep up the great work as I feel it inspires all of the rest of us.

Respectfully,
    “Tall Paul”

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

It’s so great to see folks out there who have enough passion for the game to take the time to really put on a painting clinic. Bravo! I especially like your Luftwaffe.

• Customizer

@dangermouse650:

YG, yes, those Uboats are nice, going to do more of those and replace the oob
    thanks georgemak1

I use layers of enamel and acrylic and a special process of differing layers of minwax and dry brushing. I’m working on painting my old MB version of A&A starting with the old Fortress America pieces I had thrown in. The next set will be a spare copy of AA42.1 or my AA50 set. The look right now I’m going with is kind of a comic/steam punk style rather than a strictly historical look.

Just wanted to say however your sculpts look awesome!

• Amazing!  Great work DM - when I look at these I can almost hear the Panzerlied or the theme from Battle of Britain playing in the background - you ought to do that on You Tube some time 8-)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Dangermouse, your an awesome painter! Superb job on these! I’ve seen these before, but it has been awhile. :-)

• Customizer

I have to echo John Brown! Nice pieces!

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Wicked!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m