"Tall Paul"s German units detailed and painted by the "WARMACHINE Team"

• Customizer

Fellow Axis and Allies gamers,

––This thread will eventually contain all of the German units that I’ve had the “WarMachine Team” do for me. I hope you enjoy seeing them and that they might inspire you to paint your units.
    air
    –german --Already completed are:

GERMANY

GERMAN AIR FORCE
    German Aircraft
    ––FW-190 (Fighter)…German Green camo scheme…(Starting at message #1)
    ––ME-110 (Fighter, Long-Range)…German Green camo scheme…
    ––ME-262 (Fighter, Jet)…German Green camo scheme
    ----JU-87 (Bomber, Dive)…German Green camo scheme
    ----HE-111 (Bomber, Medium)…German Green camo scheme
    ----DO-17 (Bomber, Medium)…German Green camo scheme
    ----JU-488 (Bomber, Heavy)…German Green camo scheme
    ----JU-52 (Air Transport)…German Green camo scheme

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s a couple of “In process” pics of the German aircraft in the “Green camo” scheme that Lucas is completing now. I hope you enjoy them.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7847_zps9c0b1181.jpg

• Customizer

And with a little more light.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7851_zps20746690.jpg

• I don’t recognize this plane:  I thought Germany never developed a 4-engine bomber.

What is that?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@axis_roll:

I don’t recognize this plane:  I thought Germany never developed a 4-engine bomber.

What is that?

It is an HBG sculpt for the Ju-488 Heavy Bomber.

It was developed by Germany though never made it past the prototype stage before the war ended. Two were completed and two more were nearly done when sabotaged by the French Resistance.

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

These look awesome.

Where did you get the tactical marking decals?

Did you use tape to make the splinter camouflage?

All decals from I-94.

Camo is all hand painted. And believe you me, painting the camo has been the easiest aspect of this particular project.

These are close to being done, but are not quite yet.

• Customizer

Lucas,

@LHoffman:

––Any updates?  :?

“Tall Paul”

@Tall:

Lucas,

@LHoffman:

––Any updates?  :?

“Tall Paul”

Similar state as before. I am sorry to say, but that is how it is. I have had zero time to work on them this past week. Unfortunately, with all the wedding events and multitude related issues, there is only going to be less time from here on out. I do not mean these as excuses, just reality.

I have made slight progress in that all painting is virtually done and now only decalling remains. But I cannot say more than that.

I am trying to have them done as soon as possible, partly because they should be and partly because I dislike having this project continue to drag on. Rest assured that I will finish them as soon as I possibly can. I do not mean to keep you waiting.

• Customizer

Guys,

Here below is an edited report from one of our “Team WarMachine” secret agents:

––TOP SECRET
    XXStartXX A secret dispatch from undercover agent ******** included a photo of the German Luftwaffe practicing large formation flying in preparation for their up-coming “Eagle Day” aerial invasion of England. Agent ******** reports an execution day of approximately one month from now. XXEndXX

––Just consider this a “teaser”. More to follow.  :-D

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7899_zpsf70e381a.jpg

• '14 '13

Very impressive formations.

• Customizer

jluna & others,

@jluna1273:

Very impressive formations.

––Thanks for the compliment,…“LHoffman” is painting these and IMHO is doing another magnificent job. This “batch” of German a/c didn’t include the ME-109s or JU-88s,….but we will come back and do them later along with some “desert” and “snow” schemes on all of the a/c.
    ––I’m in the process of assembling a fully detailed/painted set of A&A units as I really think they add to the “atmosphere” of a game,…Don’t you? Anyway, since you like these I’ll add a “link” below to the rest of the units we’ve done so far. I hope you enjoy them.
    ----I haven’t used any of my detailed/painted units in a game so far as I don’t think my gang would appreciate my paradropping the 101st Airborne ‘Screaming Eagles’ on them in a game,…at least until they have the same capabilities of doing so with their own paratroopers.
    ----I’m hoping to “blood” my painted units in some games at next years Historical Board Gaming wargame convention in Oklahoma. I’d be honored to meet you and play some games with/against you there if you can make it there.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29550.0

“Tall Paul”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

These units are painted so well, that I can see the pilots in the cockpits…

• Customizer

Gar,

@Gargantua:

––Were they Smiling??? (big grin).
    I’ll make sure to pass this compliment on to Lucas who painted/decalled these aircraft when he returns from his “Honeymoon”.

––By the way,…What is YOUR opinion of the “Alpha Designator” decals that I had him apply to the fuselages of the aircraft in order to differentiate the different TYPES quickly? Do you think they help? Just imagine several aircraft all in the same paint scheme located very closely together. I’ll post a close-up pic below.
    ––Also,…the Air Transports are the only a/c with White coloring, and also the only a/c with colored wingtips. I did this to make them VERY obvious to all players that an a/c with Paratroop/Troop Transport capabilities was on the scene. The White coloring also subliminally reflects the White parachutes that the “troopers” carry.

E…Early Fighter
    F…Fighter
    L…Long-range Fighter (two-engine)
    J…Jet Fighter
    D…Bomber, Dive
    M…Bomber, Medium
    H…Bomber, Heavy
    R…Recon
    T…Transport

----What do you think? I really value your opinion,…although I still believe you to be somewhat “touched”, haha.  :-D

“Tall Paul”

[[b]“D” for Dive Bomber(JU-87),….“T” for Transport(JU-52)]

DSCF7939_zps1f6c8e35.jpg
    DSCF7906_zps167581c4.jpg

• Customizer

Gar,

––As I really value your opinion I wanted to know what you thought of the “Alpha” decals on the sides of aircraft to denote their “Type” of unit. Please remember 3 things:

1.) We play on an enlarged global map, 48" x 108"
    2.) I want my game to be “user friendly” to rookie players.
    3.) My Dad, an 89 year old WW2 vet, plays with us a lot.

––I try to make everything as logical and unconfusing as possible. Imagine having several aircraft in the same territory all painted in the same scheme, German Green camo in this case. Some of them very simular in appearance from more than 3 feet away such as the HE-111, DO-17, and ME-210. My idea was to add “Alpha” decals to the fuselages of the aircraft not only as a “detail”,….but to serve as a “Type” identifier as outlined at the bottom of this post.

@Tall:

@Gargantua:

––Were they Smiling??? (big grin).
    ––By the way,…What is YOUR opinion of the “Alpha Designator” decals that I had him apply to the fuselages of the aircraft in order to differentiate the different TYPES quickly? Do you think they help? Just imagine several aircraft all in the same paint scheme located very closely together. I’ll post a close-up pic below.
    ––Also,…the Air Transports are the only a/c with White coloring, and also the only a/c with colored wingtips. I did this to make them VERY obvious to all players that an a/c with Paratroop/Troop Transport capabilities was on the scene. The White coloring also subliminally reflects the White parachutes that the “troopers” carry.

E…Early Fighter
    F…Fighter
    L…Long-range Fighter (two-engine)
    J…Jet Fighter
    D…Bomber, Dive
    M…Bomber, Medium
    H…Bomber, Heavy
    R…Recon
    T…Transport

----What do you think? I really value your opinion,…although I still believe you to be somewhat “touched”, haha.  :-D

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––I e-mailed “LHoffman” and the German Luftwaffe is finished and will be ‘winging’ it’s way home to me. That’s what I call a Christmas present(from me-to me)!
    ––We still need to do the JU-88s, ME-109s, and the Afrika Korps, Winter War, and Naval paint schemes. And whatever units come out in “HBG’s Global War Expansion Sets”.
    ––I don’t know if any of us will live long enough to see the completion of this ever-enlarging massive project,…but as long as HBG makes them, “WilTan” will modify anything necessary, and “LHoffman” and others will paint them. We will have FUN,….which should be the goal of ALL of us A&A gamers!

“Tall Paul”  :-D

@Tall:

Guys,

––I e-mailed “LHoffman” and the German Luftwaffe is finished and will be ‘winging’ it’s way home to me. That’s what I call a Christmas present(from me-to me)!
    ––We still need to do the JU-88s, ME-109s, and the Afrika Korps, Winter War, and Naval paint schemes. And whatever units come out in “HBG’s Global War Expansion Sets”.
    ––I don’t know if any of us will live long enough to see the completion of this ever-enlarging massive project,…but as long as HBG makes them, “WilTan” will modify anything necessary, and “LHoffman” and others will paint them. We will have FUN,….which should be the goal of ALL of us A&A gamers!

"Tall Paul"�  :-D

I’m excited for you. I can’t wait to see them, in person. I know it has been long wait for you, but I’m sure it was worth it. :-D

John

• Customizer

Guys,

––The German Luftwaffe just landed at home base. All I can say is Wow!

––The paintjobs on these aircraft are AWESOME! And the “Alpha” lettering that denote the aircraft types is so small it’s amazing it’s there! “LHoffman” must have the most powerful eyes and/or magnifying glasses around. In sumation,….an EXCELLENT JOB!
    ----I’ll try and put some new pics up soon.

“Tall Paul”

Cool, Paul, I can’t wait to see them in person. :-D

• Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,
    ––The German Luftwaffe just landed at home base. All I can say is Wow!
    ––The paintjobs on these aircraft are AWESOME! And the “Alpha” lettering that denote the aircraft types is so small it’s amazing it’s there! “LHoffman” must have the most powerful eyes and/or magnifying glasses around. In sumation,….an EXCELLENT JOB!
    ----I’ll try and put some new pics up soon.

“Tall Paul”

––I just realized that I didn’t post the individual close-up pics of the German Luftwaffe aircraft. Admitedly, these pics were taken before the decals were oversprayed with a dull-coat making them ‘vanish’.
    ––Anyway,…here they are, starting with the FW-190 Fighter. Notice the “F” decals denoting a Fighter.

Fighter German (FW-190)_Green Camo-01.jpg
    Fighter German (FW-190)_Green Camo-02.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m