Looking for Opponent in global1940 2nd edition

• '19 '18

Hi everyone,

First Post here, so please be gentle. I played A&A a couple of Times in Real Life now and about 15 Times in tripleA (1940 mostly, sometimes 1942) against a Friend of Mine. I Feel like I have a very Good understanding of the game and many tactics, but I’d like To See where i really stand, by playing against other opponents now.

I prefer global1940, no bidding. Unfortunately the stickies in This Forum concerning Play by Email are helplessly outdated - None of the links Provided are working. So you’d Need To Tell me how this is handled. Isnt it possible, To just Play the Turn in tripleA and send the savegame? How do you guarantee, that your Enemy isnt playing his Turn, until the dice Roll in his favor?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Dice are all done through a dice server, and you get spammed the emails.

Basically, no one ever reads the emails… but if you really want to, you can check.  Cheating is essentially impossible.

As for a game… I may be available shortly.

Do you need instructions on how to play TripleA by forum?  It’s very simple.

I’ve never actually played by email… but if that’s what you want to do, essentially you just register your email address with the tripleA server (Super easy, no questions asked really), and then the turns get emailed to you.

• I would be happy to play.  Someone here was gracious enough to help me learn the process so I’d be happy to do the same.  Haven’t played by email yet just through the forum but I’m sure it would be about the same.

• '19 '18

Hi you two and thank you for your kind answers.

Since writing the last post, I registered at triplawarclub.org. There are two ladders at that site (1941/1942 and Revised ladder) and I’m currently playing one challenge match (two games, one as axis, one as allies) against someone - it’s looking really good so far for me, and thats my first ladder game :-) This is done via play-per-email. So, as you can see, I figured out, how to do it :-) The e-mail spam was annoying at first, but I set up a filter at my email-provider, which marks them as read and moves them to a specific folder - so that’s great!

I don’t really like the 1941 layout though, so a global1940 game is much more to my liking.

I’d love to play a game vs both of you. Garg, you said you’ll be available shortly. Just contact me, when you’re ready :-)
    Elevenjerk -> I’m ready to go. we can start, if you want.

How is play-by-forum handled? Do I need to upload the save-files after my turn somewhere? or do i need to post a turn-summary and my opponent will change the board via edit-mode? There really should be stickies on this forum, which help newcomers like me.

Roboto,

There are stickies in the ‘Software’ section of the forum.  Look for my K.I.S.S. post!

As for PBF,  TripleA integrates everything.  Basically you enter your email address, the thread #, and your login info for A&A.org, then play.  TripleA automatically posts the turns when you click post.  Then your opponent simply downloads the file, plays his turn, and it goes back and forth.

Lets start a fight on monday.

• '14

Hi guys

Im also up for a game ot two (or ten :-))

I havent played global yet but played europe a couple of times and played alot of axis in the old days… I prefer play-by-email which is very simple with tripleA. Also I’ve gotten totally hooked on playing low luck so you’d have to be up for that as well.

I can probably crank out a turn once a day

cheers
    Rasmus

• '19 '18

Well okay then. Let’s fight!

I’ll PM you my email address. I prefer regular dice, since low luck is always a bit boring, but ok. If you insist…

You wanna be axis, or allies?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m