• i declare this forum dead, cause nobody is commenting or putting on interesting strategies or actually anything except how to twist the game with silly extra rules

cause of death: unbalanced gameplay
    killer: L. Harris?

• Customizer

Don’t go that far yet. Personally, its about finding the time to organize a full game under tournament rules.
    I still think this is the best Axis and Allies since the MB version, just needs a little more care and attention to iron out the flaws.

• @Flashman:

Don’t go that far yet. Personally, its about finding the time to organize a full game under tournament rules.
    I still think this is the best Axis and Allies since the MB version, just needs a little more care and attention to iron out the flaws.

the axis start with less forces and cannot conquer sufficient amounts of money to withstand the allies. that sounds like a bit more than a tiny flaw in the plan

• It’s funny you say that LH killed it. Or rather you pose the question…

LH created it, without LH there would be no A&A at all let alone 1914 edition

If WOTC shoved the release before proper play testing then who’s fault is that?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Uncrustable:

It’s funny you say that LH killed it. Or rather you pose the question…

Pwn’d!

And the irony?

Frontovik created this thread, but his unwitting irony of an irony are what have killed it!

Or was it uncrustable, who said this post wouldn’t be here unless Frontovik created it in the first place…  wait…

I’ve lost count of who’s to blame!

• @Uncrustable:

Translated into Hindu theology, this would put LH into the role of Brahma the creator and WotC into the role of Shiva the destroyer/transformer.  Which raises the question: who in the A&A world plays the role of Vishnu the maintainer/preserver?  (I’m not sure what the answer to that one would be, but I imagine that djensen might be a candidate.)

• @CWO:

Which raises the question: who in the A&A world plays the role of Vishnu the maintainer/preserver?Â

The players?

You guys have got to be kidding.

It’s Kreighund obviously.

• Bacon, think about it.

• All I can see in my head is Larry Harris standing over 1914 and saying “I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it!”

Maybe Harry Larris is Vishnu?

• I declare this thread dead.

• TripleA '12

So do I.

• Darn, just when i step back on the forum after a long pause, i arrive in a ghost town? :P

By the way, played the game twice (as Allies) and painfully defeated my opponents who are claiming that the game is not balanced. Are they correct?

• @special:

Darn, just when i step back on the forum after a long pause, i arrive in a ghost town? :P

By the way, played the game twice (as Allies) and painfully defeated my opponents who are claiming that the game is not balanced. Are they correct?

I fully believe so

@special:

Darn, just when i step back on the forum after a long pause, i arrive in a ghost town? :P

Shakes the magic 8 ball
    There is a distinct possibility

• By the way, played the game twice (as Allies) and painfully defeated my opponents who are claiming that the game is not balanced. Are they correct?

Play using the Larry harris Tournament rules, minus the economic/political collapse  (except for Russia to represent the revolution), and play till you capture the capitals and you’ll find its more balanced.

Still needs some work to make German U-boats viable as a threat, but we have had the Axis win a few games this way.

Kim

• Maybe there should be no collapses until turn 3 this would alleviate Italy bowing out so early. Same with Ottomans. It would also represent these countries after a few years of war if they are losing giving up on the effort which was historically accurate.

• thanks for the heads-up, guys, i’ll go check out those tournament rules.

edit: i just knew something was wrong when i start winning ;)

• TripleA '12

@GoSanchez6:

Maybe there should be no collapses until turn 3 this would alleviate Italy bowing out so early. Same with Ottomans. It would also represent these countries after a few years of war if they are losing giving up on the effort which was historically accurate.

That’s a good idea, I like it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m