• Yesterday I finally learnt how to work with the Map Creator tool provided with the TripleA software.

I managed to fix a seazone error that was reported in the Sourceforge bug tracker.

This is what I did (with the help of the map_and_map_skin_making_overview.html to be found in the docs-directory of the TripleA-installation) :

• update the basetiles map to be found in the map’s directory
    • recreate the relief map from the relief tiles
    • update the relief map to match the (updated) bastiles map
    • create the (new) base tiles
    • create the (new) relief tiles
    • modify the polygons.txt
    • modify the centers.txt
    • modify the name_place.txt
    • modify the place.txt

and of course modify the game.xml to be found in the games-directory of the map-folder. Here I changed the map version information and the territory connections of the involved seazones.

I’m listing this to encourage other TripleA users to give it a try. It is easier than I thought before trying it out.

So the map update is ready and done (unless I miss something).

It works flawlessly in my local TripleA-installation.

What I do not know is what has to be done to make it available for others for example via the TripleA-map-download feature.

• Customizer

whether making a new map, or fixing an old map, either way please post it to the triplea dev forum

if it is a new map, you can upload the whole zip to http://www.sendspace.com/  and then post a link to it

if you are updating an old map, please just zip the files that changed and upload it directly to the triplea dev forum
    (do not include in the zip the files/folders that did not change please)

thx,
    veq

• @Veqryn:

if you are updating an old map, please just zip the files that changed and upload it directly to the triplea dev forum
    (do not include in the zip the files/folders that did not change please)

What about the base tiles/relief tiles? Complete folders or only the ones that were affected by the fix - but how to figure them out?

• Customizer

folder for those is enough.

how did you modify the relief tiles?  you had no access to the original art….

• @Veqryn:

folder for those is enough.

how did you modify the relief tiles?  you had no access to the original art….

With the Tile Image Reconstructor  :-)

• Customizer

i mean after you reconstructed the full image, it is easy to add new border lines, but how did you remove the old border lines?

i assume you only changed the area that needed fixing, and left the rest as-is

• In fact it was only one border line to change.
    First I changed it in the bastile map, adding a new line some pixels to the right of the old line in pure black and then erazing the old line.
    Then I reconstructed the relief-art. In paint.net I added a new layer to the base map pasting the relief art to it. Then I copy-pasted the new border line to the relief art. From the relief art I removed the old border line using the clone-stamp.

Then I ran through the Map Builder tools such as polygon grabber etc. to implement the changes to the relevant txt-files.

Just take a look at the files to see the results.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m