A&A WWI 1914 Abattlemap Module has begun!

• Hi Everyone! I’ve just completed the first version of this module. There might be mistakes… so I put it out there for everyone to help make it better… let me know any errors… and if someone wants to help improve the Map.bmp or the ToolPieces.bmp… feel free to do so and just message me here and I’ll update the module with your new and improved files.

Here is the download http://www.axisandallies.us/1914.zip v2 Updated 5/16/2013

For v2… just some minor changes… the games you already have started will work with this update. I just changed the map art and the Starting setup to include the starting income in the Sahara. Added some capitol flags and minor territory flags and if you look in the WWI.gim folder there are 2 other Map files to choose from… if you want to change the Map… just rename the file Map.bmp to something else and then rename the map you like to “Map.bmp”

You can download Abattlemap at www.abattlemap.com

• Great!

I think there’s a problem with USA’s economy?

• @Noll:

Great!

I think there’s a problem with USA’s economy?

thanks, I’ll fix that… let me know of any others.

USA fixed… now worth 20 ipc… just redownload the 1914.zip and copy over all files.

• Now for tripleA !

• Neat!
    I had an earlier ambition of attempting my own 1914 module.  I only finished the bigpieces.bmp.  I’ve uploaded it for those who’d like an alternative.  The differences are it uses the boardgame colors for units and has damaged battleship markers.

BigPieces.zip

• those look great… i’ll add them in future updates

• Hmm I have the file in the map section but triple A not showing the game. The file is only 277 kb.

• @andersonfg1:

Hmm I have the file in the map section but triple A not showing the game. The file is only 277 kb.

Joke of the day? Lol  :lol:

• When I click the link to save it saves it. The file properties are that size. Maybe someone linked the wrong file.
    So no not a joke. Can anyone repaste the link or put the files here or someplace else?

• Abattlemap is not triplea

• OHHHH……didn’t know…noob moment! :lol:

• TMTM,

Thanks VERY much for creating this version of ABattleMap. Looks great! Long time user of ABattleMap. Suggestion : Is there a way in the future version of this module to make the Italian units a different color? They look a lot like the German units. Hard to tell the difference. How about make the Italian units like a teal color or something like that? Just a suggestion. Curious to hear what other users have to say… Again, thanks!

• Have questions about the ABattleMap map for the WWI/1914 game :

1). Are the white territories considered “Minor Neural Powers?”

2). In the rules on page 12, it states that Belgian Congo is not a minor power, so if Germany moves units into Belgian Congo no units are mobilized. Which territories are minor aligned powers and which ones are not? Per the rules it states that minor powers have capitals. Which territories have minor capitals? Which ones do not? From what I’ve read, Serbia has a capital, so units are mobilized if attacked by an enemy. Belgian Congo does not have a capital, so no units are mobilized if attacked by any enemy. The map does not list territories with large national emblems(minor power) vs. territories w/small national emblems(non-minor power).

Thanks in advance!

• Aligned neutrals are colored like their big nation friend.

I have something to ask to TNTN, can you add a new faction? We need a flag for contested territories that removes IPCs for the country that controls that territory.

• @Commando:

TMTM,

Thanks VERY much for creating this version of ABattleMap. Looks great! Long time user of ABattleMap. Suggestion : Is there a way in the future version of this module to make the Italian units a different color? They look a lot like the German units. Hard to tell the difference. How about make the Italian units like a teal color or something like that? Just a suggestion. Curious to hear what other users have to say… Again, thanks!

Do you use small or big pieces? You can edit the units… in the folder WWI.gim you’ll find 2 files toolpieces.bmp and BigPieces.bmp you can open these files in MS Paint and just change the colors to what you like… then send me a copy of the file and I’ll add it to the update

• @Commando:

Have questions about the ABattleMap map for the WWI/1914 game :

1). Are the white territories considered “Minor Neural Powers?”

2). In the rules on page 12, it states that Belgian Congo is not a minor power, so if Germany moves units into Belgian Congo no units are mobilized. Which territories are minor aligned powers and which ones are not? Per the rules it states that minor powers have capitals. Which territories have minor capitals? Which ones do not? From what I’ve read, Serbia has a capital, so units are mobilized if attacked by an enemy. Belgian Congo does not have a capital, so no units are mobilized if attacked by any enemy. The map does not list territories with large national emblems(minor power) vs. territories w/small national emblems(non-minor power).

Thanks in advance!

I’ve not got completely familiar with the rules and just got the module in a workable state so other can help improve it.

• @Noll:

Aligned neutrals are colored like their big nation friend.

I have something to ask to TNTN, can you add a new faction? We need a flag for contested territories that removes IPCs for the country that controls that territory.

You want like another line of units on the toolbar just below USA?

• For those helping me improve the module here is a download of the changes I made: http://www.axisandallies.us/19142.zip for everyone else please refer to the download link on the first post.

What changes would you like? colors of units or territories… please give a color code (you can get the color code from MS paint by click “Edit Colors” need the codes from the 6 boxes")

• @TMTM:

@Noll:

Yes. Another line of units below the tool bar would be great! Like in the Global 1940 ABattlemap app. If you can add a flag(like the UK Pacific marker in the Global 1940 ABattlemap app) to the additional line of units that will deduct that territories IPC’s for contested territories would be great! Thanks!

• @Commando:

@TMTM:

@Noll:

Yes. Another line of units below the tool bar would be great! Like in the Global 1940 ABattlemap app. If you can add a flag(like the UK Pacific marker in the Global 1940 ABattlemap app) to the additional line of units that will deduct that territories IPC’s for contested territories would be great! Thanks!

try this version and let it overwrite the exisiting WWI.gim http://www.axisandallies.us/19142.zip, do you want the roundel flags on each territory or would it look to crowded?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m