• So I was thinking of incorporating 50th Ann. China rules into my custom AA 1942 map but was wondering how China plays out here.

The rules say you can put infantry out on any Chinese territory with less than three units on it. But doesn’t that mean you could continually shuffle infantry out of somewhere like Chinghai and then put three new ones down in every turn until you had an unlimited amount of infantry in Suiyuan, Hupah, and Yunan?

• That is correct.

When placing new Chinese infantry you can place them in any China controlled territory up to a max of 3 units.  Once they are placed, you can shuffle them over to any other territory.  It works fairly well.

IMO though, China is merely a speedbump for  Japan to deal with generally due to the invisible wall disallowing them to move out of Chinese territories.  Not that this is a bad thing, it just makes them a minor nuisance for the axis if they are not taken out quickly.

• I was just thinking after 12 rounds China could have 36 infantry stacked up on the borders - but that doesn’t tend to happen?

• Official Q&A

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

When placing new Chinese infantry you can place them in any China controlled territory up to a max of 3 units.

To be clear, there is no limit on the number of Chinese units that can be mobilized in any given Chinese territory.  The requirement is only that the territory must have fewer than three Chinese units prior to mobilization, not that it have a maximum of three afterward.

• @Der:

I was just thinking after 12 rounds China could have 36 infantry stacked up on the borders - but that doesn’t tend to happen?

if Japan is completely ignoring China, absolutely that will happen.  Of course if that happens China is going to be irrelevant anyway as it’s being ignored!

Our games rarely end up with  more than 6 to 8 units in any given territory and that will be a territory that is hotly contested or highly desired by Japan (for whatever reason).
    @Krieghund:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

When placing new Chinese infantry you can place them in any China controlled territory up to a max of 3 units.

To be clear, there is no limit on the number of Chinese units that can be mobilized in any given Chinese territory.  The requirement is only that the territory must have fewer than three Chinese units prior to mobilization, not that it have a maximum of three afterward.

Right, I guess I wasn’t as clear as possible there.  Bad habit.  :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m