• Today I played two games with my friends. We noticed that Britain often builds a lot on India, if not everything they have. I also think that happens a lot in all your games.
    We were thinking about a way to limit this without it being too little. I thought about limiting the production to the IPC value of 4. But this can be boosted by gaining Persia and Afhanistan to plus 2 and plus 1. So by having both those countries boosts your India production to seven. This way you dont start out with seven, but you have to work for it, so it gets bigger after one or two turns.

In our games it worked great. The Turks dont get smashed from the start, so still have a fighting chance and have the luxury to not just be a punching back for unlimited British reinforcements, but can really operate in Africa, Southern Russia or ty and take out India.

What do you think?

• Customizer

I wouldn’t bother with the Persia/Afghanistan complication.

Make it either 4 units, or 10 IPC value maximum.

• 10 IPC to low.

A Real easy way to make an equall playing field is make it the equivalent of the Ottoman Income.

I.E. If the Ottomans have an income of 12 Britian gets only 12 to spend in India. If the Ottomans have 50 then Britian can spend up to 50

• Customizer

Crazy.

Perhaps the UK can never spend more on India than it spends at home on any given turn?

I also prefer limiting the India production centre to those units likely to be arriving from India and Asia; maybe the odd plane from Australia, but certainly not tanks.

Maybe the equivalent of “neutral” forces: max 7 infantry plus 1 other unit per turn.

• Customizer

When we played, Britain did kind of limit it’s spending in India, but not because of any type of rule. That was just Britain’s strategy. I think they might have built 1 transport ship there, no warships. As for other units, it was usually 3-6 infantry and 1 or 2 artillery per turn. No tanks or planes.

Tavenier mentioned that some people were spending most of UK’s money in India. Wouldn’t that make things hard on France?

• '16

You can’t build ships at India… No naval base…

• How about:
    You can’t spend more than half of your IPCs buying units for India.

• @knp7765:

When we played, Britain did kind of limit it’s spending in India, but not because of any type of rule. That was just Britain’s strategy. I think they might have built 1 transport ship there, no warships. As for other units, it was usually 3-6 infantry and 1 or 2 artillery per turn. No tanks or planes.

Tavenier mentioned that some people were spending most of UK’s money in India. Wouldn’t that make things hard on France?

Well supposedly the ‘best’ way or most ‘likely’ way the Centrals can win is take out Russia Early. If Britian takes the Ottomans out of the picture then it can open a new front for Germany/Austria in Russia when the Rev happens or they can just transport a lot.

Now France can hold its own and with the U.S. Help can be beating the Germans. The Italians will be taking a beating but when the Ottomans are out of the picture Great Britian can help fight Germany while U.S.A. Saves Italy.  Great Britian with its income plus ottomans income makes it rich and none of its territory is really ever in danger.

France is strong because of what territory it can take.

• I’m kind of worried Japan can take India on turn 3 still.  Limited India doesn’t seem like a good idea.  :-D  Oh crap are we talking 1914 or 1940?  Can’t tell because all the house rules are in the same forum.  :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m