• I am looking to get into Naval Miniatures-  I am confused as to what to get- there seems to be two different starter sets on amazon… whats the difference?

http://www.amazon.com/War-Sea-Starter-Allies-Miniatures/dp/0786953853/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1366725559&sr=8-7&keywords=axis+and+allies+war+at+sea

http://www.amazon.com/War-Sea-Starter-Allies-Miniatures/dp/B003N18G90/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366725559&sr=8-1&keywords=axis+and+allies+war+at+sea

Are they the same thing?

What else do you recommend buying (as far as boosters)?

Thanks!

• Your better off posting this on the forumini since I have seen you on there then here but the answer to your questions.

You want the newer starter , less expensive and updated rule book the older one had base set rares so is very expensive now and random units, the new one has fixed/set units.

The sets task force and the Base set are the holy grails as far as units go and out of print so buying singles of those units is the best approach though they are more expensive.

If your buying boosters Surface action is more readily available and has reprints of some of the sisters or alt versions of the base set BB’s, Flank speed is another excellent set that is still available…for now.

I personally think your better off focusing on a couple nations and buying singles for them but if you must have boosters these are available and desirable in this order.

Surface Action
    Flank Speed
    Set V
    Condition Zebra

• Thanks for the reply.

I was going for the newer one between the ‘starter sets,’ but they have different boxes and Amazon says ‘2010’ for both of them, which is why I asked the question.

I will probably buy a couple boosters plus a starter to get introduced into the game before I try to spend some real money on it.  Thanks again!

• @BJCard:

Thanks for the reply.

I was going for the newer one between the ‘starter sets,’ but they have different boxes and Amazon says ‘2010’ for both of them, which is why I asked the question.Â

I will probably buy a couple boosters plus a starter to get introduced into the game before I try to spend some real money on it.  Thanks again!

Actually clicking on the links they both appear to be the new starter, the older one goes for more then double if you can find it.

• Appreciate it;  The forumini site looks a bit daunting to newbies right now.  Maybe once I get the game I will feel better about posting there.

• @BJCard:

Appreciate it;  The forumini site looks a bit daunting to newbies right now.  Maybe once I get the game I will feel better about posting there.

New people post there all the time they are very friendly and answer any questions you have.  Everyone asks the same new questions so it’s not a big deal.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Yea, all the miniature questions you have will be welcome at forum mini. A lot of folks here minimize this section of the forum per lack of interest. Pity.

• Yeah  I don’t mean to imply not to post here, please do and me or someone else will answer anything.  Just a live vibrant community like the forumini adds to the mini experience.

Its amazing though how many new players are still finding/jumping into the minis

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m