They bombed the Boston Marathon !

• TripleA

We need stricter bomb laws.

The last mile was a real killer.

• I though it was funny as i was listening to the radio on the way home from work everyone called it ‘a device’ and not once did i heard it called what it was a ‘bomb’

Our ‘politically correct’ ignorance knows no bounds, wouldnt want to ‘offend’ anyone associated with bomb making err i mean ‘device’ making

Was probably a muslim women in bed sheets that noone could do a proper security search on because ‘god no wouldnt want to ‘offend anyone’’

• Its sad that there are innocent victims.

• Now people are talking about a mystery man who is standing on a roof in the distance watching.

• '12

My hunch is that it was domestic terrorism.  A marathon seems like a strange target for a foreign terrorist.  I wonder what cause would ‘benefit’ from the death of a few people including an 8 year old kid?  Certainly nothing I support.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@MrMalachiCrunch:

My hunch is that it was domestic terrorism.  A marathon seems like a strange target for a foreign terrorist.  I wonder what cause would ‘benefit’ from the death of a few people including an 8 year old kid?  Certainly nothing I support.

Wouldn’t towers with people in them also be a “strange” target?  Or people flying across the country on business?

Basically, the goal they aim for these days, is the casualty count, and that’s directly related to how many people are in the area.

Any sporting event is a target.

• @Uncrustable:

I though it was funny as i was listening to the radio on the way home from work everyone called it ‘a device’ and not once did i heard it called what it was a ‘bomb’

Our ‘politically correct’ ignorance knows no bounds, wouldnt want to ‘offend’ anyone associated with bomb making err i mean ‘device’ making

Was probably a muslim women in bed sheets that noone could do a proper security search on because ‘god no wouldnt want to ‘offend anyone’’

You obviously didn’t pay any attention, Mr. Jumpy McConclusions.

Also, a bomb is a device.  Generally, bombs have been dropped.  This was more like an IED - improvised explosive device, a military term (those bastions of PC culture).

@suprise:

Its sad that there are innocent victims.

I’m having a hard time thinking of an exampled of guilty victims…  :?

@MrMalachiCrunch:

I think you’re right, but it will remain to be seen.  This is an international event, so who knows, really.  Obviously the culprit(s) has a worthless life and felt that hurting others made them feel important.  And those people have my permission to kill one person: themselves.

• '17

@Uncrustable:

You can’t fully secure an public outdoor event of this scale through a densely populated area regardless of how worried you are or aren’t about offending particular demographics.

@Jermofoot:

I’m having a hard time thinking of an exampled of guilty victims…   :?

DEFINITION OF VICTIM:  1.A person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.

In your “democratic” world aren’t many if not all death row inmates guilty victims of the government?  And if not the government, perhaps victims of thier own mental health?

Chris Dorner is also a prime example of a “guilty” victim. Is he not?

All that said, most of the times with these kinds of events, there are just no words to express the feelings.

• Its one thing to hit a target when no one is there to get hurt….if it is an opposition leader or some one like Hitler, Mussolini, a terror group, then the job must be done      these people will target young children, your parents, friends etc and enjoy what they are doing.
    What if it was your 8 yr old that was blasted???
    What would you do if you could sit next to him at lunch tomorrow
    What would you do if you saw him starting to set the device off???
    What would you call a person who was guilty of war crimes and was sentenced to firing squad?
    Semper Fi

• In your “democratic” world aren’t many if not all death row inmates guilty victims of the government?

They are not victims, the people they cause to suffer are victims. They are just guilty and not created by “government”

Chris Dorner is also a prime example of a “guilty” victim. Is he not?

No he is just guilty, the victims were the people he harmed.

Hitler was just guilty, not a victim.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

The sad thing about this unfortunate event is that far more will be done in response to this in terms of public funds and political capital than has been done, or is likely to be done anytime soon, about the unregulated ownership of military-grade weaponry in the United States. Despite the fact that FAR FAR more people will die as a result of legal military-grade weaponry than will die from any more bomb plots.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Yeah that’s right… I went there.

Now cue the fireworks…

• @Canuck12:

The sad thing about this unfortunate event is that far more will be done in response to this in terms of public funds and political capital than has been done, or is likely to be done anytime soon, about the unregulated ownership of military-grade weaponry in the United States. Despite the fact that FAR FAR more people will die as a result of legal military-grade weaponry than will die from any more bomb plots.

Also sad that military grade weapons will be the target of legislation when they are a fraction of gun deaths in this country- a country where the murder rates are on the downward trend the last 20 years or so.

• More than 80% of gun related murders in USA are with illegaly obtained firearms.

• @Uncrustable:

More than 80% of gun related murders in USA are with illegaly obtained firearms.

While I don’t doubt this- where is this statistic from?

• unregulated ownership of military-grade weaponry

Yes ban all pressure cookers, nails, and ball bearings.

@Canuck12:

Regulation of guns, or deregulation won’t change anything.

When are people going to realize that the science of led objects propelled by explosive force, won’t change no matter what laws man makes for himself?

WATER will drown/kill more people in the world this year than guns.

When are you and the politburo going to ban and control that substance? I know it’s on your list of “human controls” to accomplish by 2050.

Why don’t you ban running whilst you’re at it? That would have “stopped” this event from even occurring.

Canuck12 You are a totalitarian supporting cancer. I hope you realize that.

You should busy yourself with banning stupidity.  So that you are legally entitled to get a clue.

For Clarity Canuck12…

From what I understand you want the governent to regulate the following:

• The dollars I earn
    • The roads I drive on
    • The electronics I use
    • The insurance I can buy
    • The status of my relationship with a spouse
    • The healthcare I deserve
    • The education I recieve
    • The plants I can grow (Farm)
    • The animals I can own (Farm)