Axis and Allies 1914 FAQ/Question and Answer Thread

• How can I play axis and allies 1914 online, I’ve been looking everywhere but can’t find where.

• Calvinhobbesliker: I am sorry. I have looked and have just seen what you said.
    That is a shock. Did not think to look on page 20.
    The rule about repairing Battleships was changed though (from oy uour own comtrolled territory to an Allied one too).  Perhaps this was missed.
    Why would an ally not repair your ship at his port?
    Krieg: please tell us.

• Also, is Ireland considered a homeland territory of the British Empire for the PTR? It’s not connected to London, but it is in the same continent and is part of the British Isles…

• Official Q&A

No, you can’t repair your battleships while your capital is held by the enemy, even at a friendly power’s naval base.  Repairing ships costs money, even if it is not enough to register as 1 IPC.

Ireland is not a British homeland territory.

• Thank you Krieghund. I had hoped it was an oversight. Calvinhobbesliker: great catch. I missed that.

• So when a power loses its capital, it can no longer repair its battleships, even at allied naval bases. But I would assume other allied powers in control of their capital can repair their battleships at the said capital-less power’s naval base(s) since they have a purchase and repair phase?

• I have played this game twice, and we have argued both times about if the Americans are allowed to move out of North America. So can you guys clear this up? Are US troops allowed to Ireland, Canada, or Britain or must they wait until war is declared to come Over There?

• US land and air units can’t leave the United States territory, even to load transports. US ships, however, are free to travel the world.

• Official Q&A

@ColonelCarter:

So when a power loses its capital, it can no longer repair its battleships, even at allied naval bases. But I would assume other allied powers in control of their capital can repair their battleships at the said capital-less power’s naval base(s) since they have a purchase and repair phase?

Yes.

• Russian Revolution question - assuming the Revolution conditions have been met, but occurred at a point after Moscow had fallen (previous turn) but has now returned to a contested or liberated state - can the Revolution occur?

• Official Q&A

Yes (assuming it has not occurred previously and the armistice declined).

• Taking control question… pg. 19, last sentence in next to last paragraph “If there are units belonging to more than one friendly power, they must decide between them who will take control of the territory”.

Does this “clause” only apply if the attacking power’s units were all eliminated?  OR can the attacking power have surviving units AND give control to another friendly power that is also in the territory?

• Official Q&A

If the defending units are eliminated and the attacking power still has units, the attacking power always takes control.

• @Krieghund:

If the defending units are eliminated and the attacking power still has units, the attacking power always takes control.

Fighters?

• Official Q&A

Due to the rules on taking casualties, it’s not possible to have only fighters remaining.

• Captured Capital question - If Rome is captured, can Italian units be used for neutral country mobilizations?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Suez Canal questions - If Turkey controls Egypt, can they prohibit neutral US sea movement thru the canal?  A contested Egypt blocks all movement right?

• Official Q&A

@Carolina:

Suez Canal questions - If Turkey controls Egypt, can they prohibit neutral US sea movement thru the canal?

The US can’t move through the Suez Canal at all while neutral, regardless of which side controls it, as the US is not on either side.

@Carolina:

A contested Egypt blocks all movement right?

Yes.

• In an amphibious assault, if all attacking sea borne units are destroyed by pre -emptive artillery strikes, can the battleships still bombard? Does it matter if there are/aren’t units attacking overland as well? For example, if a transport with one infantry offloads to attack a territory with an infantry and artillery but gets destroyed by the artillery’s pre-emptive strike, can the battleship still bombard? How about if there are still some units attacking by land? Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m