Axis and Allies 1914 FAQ/Question and Answer Thread

• You can build ships at any naval base you own.

• ok thanks

• Customizer

What are you on about? Haven’t you played the game?

You can build naval units at any home naval base still controlled or contested. It doesn’t have to be adjacent to the capital.

You can’t build navy at a captured naval base, ever.

• I know, just making sure ( we had arguments so i wanted to be clear)

What about the sea mine thing? Can you move from one enemy sea mine to another?

• Customizer

Yes.

In the tourney rules, you have to stop when entering an enemy mined zone, but you can move from there to another next turn.

• Subs don’t 1st strike in the 1914/WWI game, correct?

• Official Q&A

Correct.

• hello me and my friends are going to get a game goiing this weekend and i was wondering, if Germany captures Moscow, or forces revolution does this disable the russian minefields or do the CP’s have to occupy the territory wich contains a naval base? thanks

• Official Q&A

The capture of a power’s capital has no effect on the operation of its minefields.  They will function as long as the territory containing the naval base is not controlled by an enemy power.  If the Russian Revolution occurs, Russia is neither friend nor enemy to any other power, so its minefields will no longer affect any power.

• thanks for the speedy and very helpfull answer krieg

• What happens to colonies of minor powers when they are attacked?

eg.  If Germany attacks Angola, does Portugal join the Entente?  or…If Germany attacks Portugal, does Angola join the Entente?

• If France moves into Spanish Morroco on Turn 1, no units activate, since it’s a colony, correct? I’m pretty sure the answer is yes but just making sure.

• Two additional questions :

1). If Britain moves into Belgium Congo on Turn 1, does Britain get the IPC’s or does France, since Belgium is a Minor Aligned Power w/France? Pretty sure Britain gets the IPC’s but want to make sure.

2). If Britain moves into Portugal E. Africa on Turn1, does Britain get the IPC’s or does France, since Portugal is a Minor Aligned Power w/France? Again, pretty sure Britain gets the IPC’s.

Thanks!

• Official Q&A

@Tarkin:

What happens to colonies of minor powers when they are attacked?

eg.  If Germany attacks Angola, does Portugal join the Entente?  or…If Germany attacks Portugal, does Angola join the Entente?

Nothing happens.  Colonies are independent territories from the capitals of their minor powers.

@Commando:

If France moves into Spanish Morroco on Turn 1, no units activate, since it’s a colony, correct? I’m pretty sure the answer is yes but just making sure.

Correct.

@Commando:

1). If Britain moves into Belgium Congo on Turn 1, does Britain get the IPC’s or does France, since Belgium is a Minor Aligned Power w/France? Pretty sure Britain gets the IPC’s but want to make sure.

2). If Britain moves into Portugal E. Africa on Turn1, does Britain get the IPC’s or does France, since Portugal is a Minor Aligned Power w/France? Again, pretty sure Britain gets the IPC’s.

Britain takes control of the territories and gets the IPCs.

• Do defending artillery in an amphibious assault always hit on a three or less during their first dice roll, or is that increased to a 4 if they have air superiority?

Also, those first hits by defending artillery DO NOT get to roll dice when the attacker rolls correct?  Hits by battleship bombardment DO get to roll defensive dice right?

Thanks!

• Official Q&A

@ryguy:

Do defending artillery in an amphibious assault always hit on a three or less during their first dice roll, or is that increased to a 4 if they have air superiority?Â

They always hit on a 3 or less.  There is no air supremacy in artillery pre-emptive strikes.

@ryguy:

Also, those first hits by defending artillery DO NOT get to roll dice when the attacker rolls correct?

Casualties from the pre-emptive strike are removed immediately and do not participate in the battle.

@ryguy:

Hits by battleship bombardment DO get to roll defensive dice right?

Yes.

• Minefield question:
    A naval unit remaining in a hostile sea zone with a naval port and mines does not have to roll mines every time.
    Germany buys a transport and invades Poland on turn 1, then on turn 2 does an Amph Assault on Finland.
    On turn 3 the German player loads troops from Poland and lands them in Finland.

1.  Does the transport roll for mines on turn 3?
    2.  The only way the turn 3 transport would be illegal is if Poland was contested and Finland was controlled by the allies.  If Finland was contested or controlled it would be ok?

• Official Q&A

1.  No.
    2.  It would be illegal if Poland was contested and Finland was neither controlled by Germany nor contained German units.

• Apologies if it has already been answered in this forum but here is my question.
    I can’t seem to get the mines rule quite straight.
    My Navy moves into an enemy controlled mined port to fight a battle in that seazone.
    I know that going into the seazone we would roll for the mines (one at a time) at the end of the movement phase.
    Now I fight the battle in the sea zone and win (the port is still controlled by the enemy) and leave my navy there at the end of the turn (obviously).
    On the next turn I move my navy out of the mined sea zone, do I now have to pass through the mine field again and roll for each ship?

• Official Q&A

No.  You only roll for mines when you enter a mined sea zone.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m