• Customizer

I don’t know why WOTC wouldn’t want to sell A&A scale sculpts. They would make a damn fortune for pennies on the dollar. Maybe LH should start using cards for pieces. We’d get new stuff every Tuesday.

• I’m holding out for 3-D printing…

• WotC seems focused on selling complete games, so for them the concept of selling individual sculpts would literally be a case of thinking outside the box.

• @CWO:

WotC seems focused on selling complete games, so for them the concept of selling individual sculpts would literally be a case of thinking outside the box.

That depends on your definition of “complete”.

• Customizer

Small packs of sculpts packaged like minis for larver scale games would be cheap to produce and sell very well. Expanding into small skirmish type battle maps and expansions would be a gold mine for WOTC.

• @toblerone77:

Small packs of sculpts packaged like minis for larver scale games would be cheap to produce and sell very well. Expanding into small skirmish type battle maps and expansions would be a gold mine for WOTC.

and its not like they haven’t done anything like this before (d-day, battle of the bulge)

they should make and release another collectors edition game (like anniversary) that is absolute top quality in every way, with more than enough pieces,
    multiple rule sets(beginner - advanced), multiple setups for different years
    no crappy cardboard chits, some form of IPC, some form of marshaling cards etc etc
    just jack up the price, il buy it ;)
    Axis and Allies Global 1939

could even just re-release G40 again, but in a collectors form as one single game. (with the new 42 setup)
    4 solid large map pieces instead of the fold outs we get now…

• '13

My Airfix WW1 GE infantry just showed up today.  The gray is pretty close and more importantly they have spikes on their helmets…… :wink:

• @Uncrustable:

they should make and release another collectors edition game (like anniversary) that is absolute top quality in every way, with more than enough pieces

As I recall, a few years ago Larry was tossing around ideas for a deluxe A&A game.  The game which came out of this process was Anniversary.  It was a big game, and it included new countries and new sculpts, and it was a collector’s edition…but I’m not sure I’d call it deluxe.

• @CWO:

@Uncrustable:

they should make and release another collectors edition game (like anniversary) that is absolute top quality in every way, with more than enough pieces

As I recall, a few years ago Larry was tossing around ideas for a deluxe A&A game.  The game which came out of this process was Anniversary.  It was a big game, and it included new countries and new sculpts, and it was a collector’s edition…but I’m not sure I’d call it deluxe.

At the time it was ‘deluxe’ compared to what we had.  Plenty of new concepts that changed A&A games forever.  National Objectives, Transports hit last, Italy and China as separate nations, etc.

• Customizer

@17Mark71:

My Airfix WW1 GE infantry just showed up today.  The gray is pretty close and more importantly they have spikes on their helmets…… :wink:

I have some that are about 50 years old. Not many of them still have spikes on their helmets; but the troops in the field didn’t always use them anyway.

• Customizer

@Uncrustable:

@toblerone77:

and its not like they haven’t done anything like this before (d-day, battle of the bulge)

they should make and release another collectors edition game (like anniversary) that is absolute top quality in every way, with more than enough pieces,
    multiple rule sets(beginner - advanced), multiple setups for different years
    no crappy cardboard chits, some form of IPC, some form of marshaling cards etc etc
    just jack up the price, il buy it ;)
    Axis and Allies Global 1939

could even just re-release G40 again, but in a collectors form as one single game. (with the new 42 setup)
    4 solid large map pieces instead of the fold outs we get now…

I get what you’re saying. But if they sold packs of minis or boosters and threw in some playing card sized rules or something they would sell. Small packs of vehicles and the like would be a gold mine and cost far less to produce than A&A minis. Frankly had they made those in the same scale as traditional A&A pieces they would probably sell better. They could even call it Axis And Allies Tactics or something.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m