• Well the main piece we ran out of was Us and UK transports. And we’re low on chips at tines

• Low on chips too, Yes!

• Customizer

Yes, I’d like more UK/US transports, as I really don’t like chips under ships.

Posted a list of requirements on the HBG thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27911.195

• After set-up I have no German inf left. Just hope someone attack meg soon, to free up a inf before my purchase turn

• Customizer

You WILL need extra German and UK infantry; I use MB Germans and REVISED Brits.

You will need more chips at some point (tip: don’t stack Russian units unless you need to.)

You will need more dice for the big battles

• You only need more German/UK inf if you don’t consolidate your units.  If you spread out in say, Africa then you may need one or two extra.

Dice yes, battles get big, but after a couple turns armies get thinned out a bit.

• First game yesterday:

• Too few chips both sides! (chips are sold at HBG already!) +++
    • Germany has too few Infantry (and lacked one control marker)
    • UK had too few Infantry as well

So, I would be perfectly happy if HBG added:

• Seperate Infantry packs for Germany and UK
    • Seperate Control Markers set
    • exclusively produced World War I IPCs
  • Customizer

Do you mean your set was missing some German control markers, or that you used them all up?

I’ve never got anywhere near using all of them for any power.

Don’t you also consider you need:

a production chart

some more dice

UK & US transports

HBG sell all of this stuff individually:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Axis-Allies-1914_c_427.html

Download a decent prod chart here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/88812/aa-1914-national-production-chart-and-turn-order-t

• I haven’t quite gotten around to playing yet (rules first), but I will never be doing that place the dice on the battle board business, so that’s one thing I won’t be short on is dice (plus I hate the tiny ones, makes me feel like I am playing a game that is worth less than what I paid for it!  :roll:)

• Customizer

You will lose track of attacks values without it.

I like the little dice. I just need more of them. In 4 colours for attacking @ 1, 2, 3 & 4.

• @Flashman:

I like the little dice. I just need more of them. In 4 colours for attacking @ 1, 2, 3 & 4.

I don’t see why. Defenders are always the same except with air supremacy, inf/tanks go up if boosted by art, artillery go up with Air supremacy. That’s less combined arms than Global and the air supremacy isn’t even a pairing, it’s have it or don’t.

• @vonLettowVorbeck1914:

@Flashman:

I don’t see why. Defenders are always the same except with air supremacy, inf/tanks go up if boosted by art, artillery go up with Air supremacy. That’s less combined arms than Global and the air supremacy isn’t even a pairing, it’s have it or don’t.

When you are rolling that many dice, that battle board is very handy.

The production chart’s not too shabby either, actually. Still need pen and paper, of course.

• I have chips and dice on eBay if anyone is interested,  Type in axis and allies 1914, and you should see all my auctions for 1914 items including extra pieces and chips and dice.

• Customizer

Well, I got my copies Friday but didn’t get to really get into it until today. I set up all my troops in this pic (I got 2 copies). I haven’t played yet but I think I will have enough pieces along with the chips. Now I have all the armies needed to fight “The War to End All Wars”.
    A little bummed that all equipment sculpts are the same for all nations, but not too bad since this is the first WW1 game put out by WOTC. At first look, I just don’t see how the Central Powers could win. Then again, perhaps if Germany could hold off France and UK while taking out Russia and maybe Austria/Hungary could get some territory from Italy, maybe they will be able to match the other Allies. I guess we will see.
    By the way, has anyone said what actual units the sculpts represent? Like what is the class of battleship used? Or the type of fighter or artillery? I think the tank is the British Mark IV, right? It sure would be nice to have a list if anyone has an idea.

Pieces setup.JPG

• @knp7765:

By the way, has anyone said what actual units the sculpts represent? Like what is the class of battleship used? Or the type of fighter or artillery? I think the tank is the British Mark IV, right? It sure would be nice to have a list if anyone has an idea.

That’s something I’d love to know too (especially if Krieghund can provide us with an official answer), but I have a feeling that they’re intended to be fairly generic, just like the ones in the Milton Bradley edition of A&A (in which all the nations on both sides used the same sculpts).  They’re not very detailed, and the airplane in particular looks rather unspecific in its design.  The tank, of course, has the distinctive rhomboid shape of the British models, but this may be a case of unavoidable resemblance: there were so few tank models in WWI, and the ones that existed were so distinctive, that any WWI tank sculpt has to look like one of those specific ones.

Nice photograph, by the way.

• Not enough German infantry and woefully inadequate number of chips. Glad I ordered from HBG right out of the gate on this one. I think it is silly that we have to purchase 2 games just to have enough pieces. And to think they wanted 100 bucks for this game at normal price. Nuts.

• @GoSanchez6:

Not enough German infantry and woefully inadequate number of chips. Glad I ordered from HBG right out of the gate on this one. I think it is silly that we have to purchase 2 games just to have enough pieces. And to think they wanted 100 bucks for this game at normal price. Nuts.

Guess I am too aggressive.  I never ran out of anything, and I tend to consolidate my forces in Africa.

• Hey Bjc if you roll poorly a lot of units are left after one round of combat. If Germany had 2 more infantry they would be good. That for me is what is frustrating. About 30 more chips. 15 for each side(1’s) and a few more infantry and your set. No worries. With the money we shell out on these games this should never be an issue.

• I hate using chips for ships, so am annoyed at the low number of sculpts.
    It is wrong that we have to raid other games. just because we can.

• @GoSanchez6:

Hey Bjc if you roll poorly a lot of units are left after one round of combat. If Germany had 2 more infantry they would be good. That for me is what is frustrating. About 30 more chips. 15 for each side(1’s) and a few more infantry and your set. No worries. With the money we shell out on these games this should never be an issue.

well, to be fair I only played a test game through round 1, so I guess I have no leg to stand on.  I also hate using chips for ships wittman.  I may just grab a few units from 1941 or 1942 1st edition to use as units in Africa.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m